PDA

View Full Version : Mage armour buff not displaying at the top of the screen

fn_Chopper
01-14-2010, 06:56 PM
While playing my sorc this morning, I noticed that the mage armour buff isn't displaying at the top of the screen after it's cast. If I select my toon and look at the details it's listed, similary the AC raises on the inventory page.. apparently it's just not displayed at the top of the screen. It was working fine before the server outage yesterday.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Duskslayer
01-14-2010, 07:09 PM
De-equip your equipment and see - also do not cast other buffs as see - it should be visible now.

It gets suppressed by certain items worn or cetain other buffs take precidence over it.

krud
01-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Are you wearing armor or armored bracers with an armored bonues greater than 4? mage armor will not stack with any of those, and will not show up in your list of buffs if you have any of those equipped.

btw - i always wondered how mage armor worked against incorporeal undead. Do they bypass regular armor, and if they do, would having mage armor actually give you some added protection, even if you have regular armor on?

fn_Chopper
01-20-2010, 09:26 PM
It was the +4 bracers from the waterworks. Strange that it initially displayed when looking up my character details, but it no longer does this so nothing to worry about.

Thanks guys.

SquelchHU
01-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Are you wearing armor or armored bracers with an armored bonues greater than 4? mage armor will not stack with any of those, and will not show up in your list of buffs if you have any of those equipped.

btw - i always wondered how mage armor worked against incorporeal undead. Do they bypass regular armor, and if they do, would having mage armor actually give you some added protection, even if you have regular armor on?

No such thing as touch attacks. Incorporeals simply have abnormally high to hit scores.