PDA

View Full Version : WF theif/fighter/barbarian question

Rosh_Bloodhawk
01-14-2010, 05:03 PM
I have a level 6 thief and level 1 fighter. I am currently using a two handed weapon and want to keep using it that way. I was thinking about going barbarian. Will this gimp my character? Would it be better just to stay thief for 19 levels? If I go barbarian I still want to be able to pick locks and open traps. My ultimate goal is to be able to fight well with a two handed weapon, but still work with traps and locks.

Runaway
01-14-2010, 05:38 PM
If you take additional rogue levels later on (near max level), you can maintain high skill totals in your chosen skills. If you only take barbarian levels from here on out, I doubt that you will be able to max out many skills.

Example:
A level 7 character with atleast 1 level of rogue will have Disable Device raised by 10 total points. If you want to get to 23 points at level 20, while only taking barbarian levels from here on out, then you will need 13*2 = 26 additional skillpoints just for Disable Device.
You will need 26 skillpoints for every skill, that you don't favor, but that you want to max. 13 levels of barbarian doesn't bode well for this.

Why do you want to roll barbarian when you can also get more fighter levels? Kensai12 might be what you're after. Then you've got some more room to fit in 1 or 2 rogue levels.