PDA

View Full Version : DDOcast Build Guild!

Mockduck
01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Hiya all, Jerry here with DDOcast. For those who don't know, DDOcast is a weekly podcast about Dungeons and Dragons Online. Find it at DDOcast.com.

We're starting up a new guild on Orien on Sunday, 1/17/10, getting underway at Noon, Eastern Time.

The guild gives listeners and people involved in the show a chance to get together, talk builds, run quests and just have fun. We'd love to see you there!

The idea is to run for a few hours every Sunday starting at Noon, although I imagine that if the guild takes off we'll be having folks run whenever they would like to as well.

Really, this aims to be a low-stress guild. One idea is to give people the opportunity to roll up literally whatever build type they would like and give it a try in a nonjudgemental setting. Free to play folks are welcome, although we may end up running some paid content, so be aware of that.

If you would like to be involved, find Innundel or Mockduck after Sunday on Orien and we'll get you into the guild. Much of our discussions will take place on the DDOcast Forums, available HERE (http://s7.zetaboards.com/Ddocast/index/). You do need to register to post, I was forced to implement that due to spam issues a while back...

Hope to see ya! I know at least some of the DDOcast crew will be doing this as well, so say hi to us if you would like.

Mockduck
01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks everyone for showing up! We had a fantastic first day, lots of people signed up to join us. The group I was in got through all of Korthos and most of Waterworks, we'll probably finish WW up next week.

Mockduck
01-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Just for those wanting to keep tabs on things, we'll have our week 3 meetup and fun tomorrow, Sunday, January 31st starting at NOON, EASTERN TIME. That will be the regular time slot for now...

...which brings me to my next point. I know the time isn't ideal for everyone, it's just the best time currently to have the most amount of people able to get together. Plans are in the works for a week night-evening get-together, so stay tuned for more info soon.

Meanwhile, we've been having a nice pace of people joining the guild to have fun! It really has been a great time. Just so you know, the DDOcast Build Guild is a relaxed guild, so join and leave for other guilds as you wish (as you group, you may find a tight-knit group of folks or whatever, so don't fret if you decide to come and go.) We're getting together for a nice, try-what-you-want, friendly and knowledgable time. We can help!

If you want in, send a tell to Mockduck or Innundel around NOON EASTERN TIME on SUNDAY. Or, send an in-game mail to either of us and we can mail you a guild invite whenever we've got some spare time.

Have fun!

Jerry

Mockduck
02-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Looking forward to Sunday. Personally, planning to get in a Delera's run and then up for whatever. Starts at noon Eastern, runs usually for at least 2-3 hours.

Craigers07
02-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi Jerry, I enjoy the podcast. I have limited time in my schedule but I plan to join in this Sunday.

I'm still pretty new to the game and my barbarian is at level 5 right now.

Cupcake
02-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Hiya Jerry. I have seen some of your guild running around Orien but have not had the opportunity to group with anyone yet.

Hope to do so soon. :D

Mockduck
02-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Hiya Jerry. I have seen some of your guild running around Orien but have not had the opportunity to group with anyone yet.

Hope to do so soon. :D

Yes! Must group with Cupcake.

Sunday was a little slower, apparently some of us had prior commitments related to Valentine's Day. But there was enough for a couple of groups. Ran Tangleroot with two others and picked up the Visor of the Flesh Render Guards. Next week: who knows? Up for whatever. Maybe bash through a bunch of market/three barrel quests? Gwylan's-Stormcleave? Maybe Necro pt 1 or 2? Mockduck is now level 6 and doing quite well.

Drake_Nailo
02-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Think you'll be taking members in bout a year? :)

Mockduck
02-25-2010, 06:13 PM
I'd say it's possible! As long as there's interest and participation we'll be doing it.

Mockduck
02-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Fourth Anniversary Woot! Anyone who is able to that's a part of the guild should try to stop by at Noon Eastern this Sunday! Figure we'll take a screenshot of everyone who's there for ol times sake.

abull74
02-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Hello all,

First, I would like to say I have listened to DDOcast for 3.5 yrs now, LOVE IT. Keep up the great work Jerry and Crew. Cocktail Hour is great too.

Well i rolled up a toon on Orien and joined the guild (Thanks Morah). My toon is the original Holy Havoc. I thought of the concept when I first heard about FvS and made one as soon as the FvS hit the live servers. Got her to lvl 10 and deleted her :(

It was just like when I tried to lvl my Tukaw build (WF 2rog/2pally/16sorc), no one would let me in groups when they saw my class mix. They would flat out deny me. It took a long time to lvl up, but I finaly hit 20 and now I have no problems getting groups, because people know what he can do. I did not want to go through that process again and got discouraged. Thats why i deleted at lvl 10.

SOOOOO, I am hoping that with the whole concept of your guild, i will be able to get into partys and lvl this build up to 20 with no problems...

The Holy Havoc http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209836&highlight=Holy+Havoc

Anyways....I, unfortunately, cannot play on the weekends, as my job doesnt allow. I work Saturday from 6am till Monday 6am. Yep...48 hours straight and then I am off for the week. Are their any who play much during the weekdays? I am on all hours of the day and night Monday thru Friday.

btw Jerry, I am the only who sent in the Frootloops the Cereal Killer name during your contest....So my toon name in DOcast Build Guild is FruutLoops the Cereal Killer.

See ya in game

I AM THE FPOON!!!

Mockduck
02-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Nice! That name is a part of DDOcast history, best name ever!

It's true that having a guild where unusual and experimental builds are a cornerstone of the idea means that grouping outside of the guild will require a bit of patience and thick skin. But in guild you'll (hopefully) never face denial based on build type. Ultimately, as people see how good we are at the game and our level of knowledge they'll start to see that unusual does not equate to gimped, or be an indication of a player that "has never played DDO before."

Sometimes bad perceptions can be hard to break, but that's part of why we're doing this!

In terms of weekday play, I know every time I've logged in for guild stuff there have been at least a few folks from the guild on. There's a plan in the works to have a regular meetup on some weekday night, likely starting around 10pm Eastern. My own schedule makes this tough for me to participate in, but I'll stop by whenever I can. Not sure when this will "officially" happen, but it's in the works.

This guild has been a really great experience thanks to folks like you with interesting ideas and a good attitude. Not much we can do to change the minds of the few folks who have issues with builds outside of the "norm".

Mockduck
02-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Vote for best weeknight meetup day (on DDOcast Forums): http://s7.zetaboards.com/Ddocast/topic/8252347/1/#new

TommyBoy
03-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Vote for best weeknight meetup day (on DDOcast Forums): http://s7.zetaboards.com/Ddocast/topic/8252347/1/#new

I think we have a established Wed as the mid week meet up. but we still have people on throughout.

Botamon
05-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Heya, heard about the guild and got a build i am scared about could get spam denied in lfg and im still a newbie with no guild so.... :S plz let me now

TommyBoy
05-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Heya, heard about the guild and got a build i am scared about could get spam denied in lfg and im still a newbie with no guild so.... :S plz let me now

here is the forum address http://s7.zetaboards.com/Ddocast/index/ if you join and post your characters name an officer will send you an invite.

Cupcake
05-13-2010, 03:15 PM

They are a great bunch of guys. Good guild to join. :D

OkapiMaes
06-19-2010, 07:51 AM
If you are on during the week and need an invite, please contact Maes. Mockduck and other officers have mains on other servers, I am a full time orienian(?) Now. If your interested, check out our forums or come talk to one of us.

OkapiMaes
08-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Just an update
we have 3-6 players on during the week, most are level 10-15
With me being the exception at level 19.

We are gainfully guild levels pretty slow, but it is still a fun grind.( guildship has tons of money waiting for it)

Come join up guys!!