PDA

View Full Version : Mute the Lute!

nanashihito
01-14-2010, 01:16 AM
Dear Turbine,

Please allow us to get rid of that egregious, horrible and annoying lute music loop that NPC bards play nonstop in the background. It makes things like House Phiarlan's Auction house nearly impossible for me to use with the sound on. It wouldn't be half as bad if the tune was somewhat pleasant to listen to, but it sounds like he's trying to restring his lute in the dark with his teeth and a pack of flaccid rubber bands.

The tune is extremely ANNOYINGLY arrhythmical and makes me contemplate criminal acts of violence towards the 'musician' that came up with the glorious idea that a 12 second 'music' loop played ad nauseam would be appreciated by anyone who wasn't tone-deaf.

Thank you.

biggin
01-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Granted.

Now they have been replaced with 1 armed bagpipe players on a 3 second loop. Enjoy! :)

Anderei
01-14-2010, 03:56 AM
Bards should be able to submit their own .mp3 for their songs :)

(Otherwise I should work on a macro that hits the mp3 on voice chat when doing the singup.

Halo_572
01-14-2010, 04:47 AM
I suggest forming an assassination squad to eradicate this noise pollution source once and for all. After all bard trainers have been eradicated we can then move on to the drummers in Tangleroot who you can hear no matter where you are in the wilderness.

Perhaps then we will at last get some well deserved peace and quiet.

Creeper
01-14-2010, 04:59 AM
Bards should be able to submit their own .mp3 for their songs :)

That's what microphones are for.

I always sing who let the dogs out while playing inspire courage.

Anderei
01-14-2010, 05:02 AM
That's what microphones are for.

I always sing who let the dogs out while playing inspire courage.

My guild asked me to stop doing this :D

Maybe its my voice, maybe my selection of making fun of modern talking, maybe both.

muffinlad
01-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Dear Turbine,

Please allow us to get rid of that egregious, horrible and annoying lute music loop that NPC bards play nonstop in the background. It makes things like House Phiarlan's Auction house nearly impossible for me to use with the sound on. It wouldn't be half as bad if the tune was somewhat pleasant to listen to, but it sounds like he's trying to restring his lute in the dark with his teeth and a pack of flaccid rubber bands.

The tune is extremely ANNOYINGLY arrhythmical and makes me contemplate criminal acts of violence towards the 'musician' that came up with the glorious idea that a 12 second 'music' loop played ad nauseam would be appreciated by anyone who wasn't tone-deaf.

Thank you.

The only reason I did not make this post is that I assumed that most people have their music turned OFF.

Everytime I stop by the House P auction, I think of John Cleese in the "Cheese Sketch"..."Shut that Bloody Bezuki up!", it is really the most annoying piece of music ever written, and then placed on a loop.

I actually try to approach the House P auctioneer from the "buffer" side, and then scootch up outside of the range of the song. Works most of the time. If I make a misstep, I have to mute or take my headphones off.

I would settle for them simply reducing the radius of the song to 1 foot around the bard....

muffinpitch

Sir_Chonas
01-14-2010, 11:05 AM
I really like the folksy acoustic guitar they had. I just wish there were more songs/variety.

dunklezhan
01-15-2010, 06:40 AM
I really like the folksy acoustic guitar they had. I just wish there were more songs/variety.

What Sir C said.

I *love* the tavern music. There's actually several different tracks and as a guitarist (I make no claim to be a *good* guitarist, but I know when I'm hearing things that require skill to write and play) I think they are fascinating and very well put together. I would not want to see them removed. However, in the interests of customer satisfaction, perhaps it would not be amiss to have a 'mute music when leaving adventure areas' in a similar way that you can leave trade & advice chat channels when you enter an adventure area?

so, I suppose... /signed with caution

chubbs99
01-15-2010, 07:39 AM
I've never noticed it... Mind you I have my music at ~7%, sound effects at ~10%, and UI sounds ~10% so that I can actually communicate with people over voice chat and hear them... And since I use a headset (one ear with mic attached similar to 360's setup)... The music at this volume provides a nice background abmiant noise so the game isn't silent during down moments, and I've found anything more then that and the music over power the game sounds (like combat), and/or make it impossible to hear what anyone is saying over voice chat.

nanashihito
01-16-2010, 03:53 AM
What Sir C said.

I *love* the tavern music. There's actually several different tracks and as a guitarist (I make no claim to be a *good* guitarist, but I know when I'm hearing things that require skill to write and play) I think they are fascinating and very well put together. I would not want to see them removed. However, in the interests of customer satisfaction, perhaps it would not be amiss to have a 'mute music when leaving adventure areas' in a similar way that you can leave trade & advice chat channels when you enter an adventure area?

so, I suppose... /signed with caution

That is completely irrelevant - I'm not talking about any guitar. I'm talking about a one-instrument track using an instrument that has the acoustic properties of an elastic band, broom and bucket. Turn on your volume and go find a bard trainer, or sit in the northwest corner of Ataraxia Haven's Spa. Master bards, indeed.

BossOfEarth
01-16-2010, 04:22 AM
/Signed!

I love the music in the game, but I take off my headphones in town because of the lute. I didn't realize that the bard trainers were responsible. I thought it was just randomly played as part of a glitch.

Memnir
01-16-2010, 11:59 AM
I say we take off, nuke the bard from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Sir_Chonas
01-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Ataraxia's haven is the only music that I have actively disliked. One of the taverns has some huge area you go through to get to a back tavern (maybe house D or k?) and the band there is very good.