PDA

View Full Version : Raid Question

MystDragon
01-13-2010, 03:13 PM
I have a raid dilemma. I flagged for Demon Queen a couple of weeks ago and just flagged for Tor today - so I'm on the path to flag for that one.

I have not been able to find a Raid group when it's forming. I've read here that a lot of people Raid with their guild - but apparently my guild doesn't run raid parties at all.

Any suggestions?

Gum
01-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I have a raid dilemma. I flagged for Demon Queen a couple of weeks ago and just flagged for Tor today - so I'm on the path to flag for that one.

I have not been able to find a Raid group when it's forming. I've read here that a lot of people Raid with their guild - but apparently my guild doesn't run raid parties at all.

Any suggestions?

Yjo,

Probably the best thing is like your doing here, investigating who runs what, and letting it be known your interested. Keep a close watch on the lfms. Platinum Knights raids several times a week, but were still young and haven't really got a set schedule yet. We just kind of get guildies flagged and then form up spontaneously. Really, that's what a lot of people do imo. Holler at one of us in game or I'll give you a holler when we form something up and have a spot. Give other guilds a holler too. Best of wishes to you..Gum

zarious
01-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Same problem for me and my guildies. There are 4 of us that play pretty much every night, and we are finally all flagged for the tor and demon queen raids (don't you have to do some sort of pre-quest, even after you turn in all the relics to do the tor raid? if so we still need to do that) and now we're looking for groups. This is all of our first times thru, so we don't want to start a group, then not be able to lead it, but I haven't seen a group running these raids in a long time. Not only that, we're all lvls 16 & 17 so we need to find a lvl appropriate group at least for the DQ raid so no one takes an XP hit from us being there.

If anyone cranks off one of these raids between 9 & 12 pm est then hit up Haneroth. I can bring a cleric, a pally, a ranger (me) and a rouge with me most nights.

Sjiggie
01-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I also have problems getting flagged for raids or when I'm flagged to do the raids I play almost every night so maybe we could try to do it sometimes. Send me a tell ingame to Deameon if you want to do a raid. I will be available from this weekend again because I'm on holiday atm and will be back saturday

For Tor you need to do Gianthold Tor first and defeat all 3 optional dragons at the end of the quest before you can do the raid.

markusthelion
01-14-2010, 03:57 PM
I've only done ADQ once on this server, and I don't see raids going for that as often either. I do like that one though, so maybe I should get flagged again. Titan is like that too man, not a lot of groups for that but hopefully you'll find a group soon. I thought I'd never do ADQ on this server but low and behold it happend on a Saturday not too long ago. Keep being persistant you'll raid soon enough. Also, you need to join PK for all your raiding, I did and look how happy I am :)

sirgog
01-14-2010, 05:43 PM
You might want to try The Reaver's Fate with a smaller group (say just the 4 of you) - you aren't likely to beat it for some time, but you'll really get a feel for the raid if you try to work it out yourselves.

There's no combat encounter in there that couldn't be soloed by a single Cleric or WF Sorc back when the cap was 14 - the difficulty of the raid is working out what to do and solving puzzles under pressure.

Listen to what Cydonie says when she gives you the quest, listen to it carefully. Then have a try.