PDA

View Full Version : Mabar, the Endless Night Jelly Cake

brian14
01-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Is it negated by a saving throw, or by something else? In my experience, an Endless Night cake drops CR 3-4 monsters every time, but yesterday I ran "The Captives" on Hard, and final boss (Gravnok the Orc Commander) took 4 or 5 cakes without much apparent effect -- yet I never saw any blue hexagons indicating successful saves.

Unfotunately I did not notice Gravnok's CR. On Normal (which I ran immediately before) he was CR 5, but on Hard he was much tougher. I estimate CR 8 at least.

Speaking of that particular quest, the captives I was supposed to free -- Lady Azdel and her two bodyguards, -- all ended up dead on Hard setting (on Normal I lost one bodyguard), yet I still got the quest reward. Go figure.

UnderwearModel
01-11-2010, 09:40 PM
The boss, was he RED? I have not ran that quest except for three times so I cannot remember his color. I do remember on elite at level it was a challenge.

On hard and red means a bit tougher.

The cakes and cookies are nice to have but they are not meant to be KILLER. Otherwise, the price of MABAR cookies would be much much higher in the AH.

As for the captives they die but you can tell them to get back up over and over.

brian14
01-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Yes, the lettering was red. Maybe I will run it again just to find out :)

voidholder
01-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Reds have all sorts of immunities so might be totally immune or saving throws in the 100s.

I was thinking that could try to take down some tougher non-boss mobs by sharing mabar cakes to all and then hitting them with several at the same time. Know any places that this would actually be a good strategy? Some mob that level drain works for and that is hard to kill in traditional ways?

Just trying to figure out good use for those cakes. Does using them on caster mobs work so they can't cast their highest level spells any more?

Arctigis
01-14-2010, 08:50 AM
I think a Mabar cake is enervate right?

If so, this spell has no save at all. However, it does not work on red or purple named end bosses. It works
fine on orange names. Only a very limited subset of debuffs are able to be applied to red/purple named
mobs.