PDA

View Full Version : Warning player is either Dc'd or not in quest

Hurtzz
01-10-2010, 06:23 AM
I would Like to suggest that there be a Blood red warning sign, or something real noticeable for any 1 to see Before opening a chest,when players are either dc'd or not in the instance
Or some other way to let players know that they are screwing some 1 out of their loot.
There has been way to many times I have seen this done and the player opened it and response with sorry I wasnt paying attention,or sorry Im new and didn't know he wasnt gonna be able to get his loot or Dang man I didnt hear or see you type Don't open that

Hurtzz

Letrii
01-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Another option would be to let people get loot even if they join late, not sure what ramifications of this would be though.

Visty
01-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Another option would be to let people get loot even if they join late, not sure what ramifications of this would be though.

loot chest, log another char, loot chest again without doing anything, log another char, loot chest without doing anything, log another char, loot chest without doing anything, log other char, loot chest......

Lorien_the_First_One
01-10-2010, 09:31 AM
loot chest, log another char, loot chest again without doing anything, log another char, loot chest without doing anything, log another char, loot chest without doing anything, log other char, loot chest......

Not if they only reverted to the way the chests used to work where you had to be "in party" even if not in quest. In that case DC'd and people in party but for some reason outside the quest (for example those in group while one party member was running rares in an explorer area) could all open the chest. That did not allow the rotation you describe.

Letrii
01-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Not if they only reverted to the way the chests used to work where you had to be "in party" even if not in quest. In that case DC'd and people in party but for some reason outside the quest (for example those in group while one party member was running rares in an explorer area) could all open the chest. That did not allow the rotation you describe.

This method would require them to be in group when chest is first opened?

Visty
01-10-2010, 09:43 AM

exactly. otherwise you get what i posted above

Lorien_the_First_One
01-10-2010, 09:45 AM

Yup. That's how it worked until a year or so back. No clue why they changed that. People do DC and there is no reason they should miss out on the chests.

However, the fact that it was a deliberate change means Turbine disagrees. I suspect it was the party members not in quest getting credit that annoyed them and smacked of exploit, but really this doesn't solve that anyway (you can still give away chests, you just have to wait for everyone to be in to open).

Letrii
01-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Yup. That's how it worked until a year or so back. No clue why they changed that. People do DC and there is no reason they should miss out on the chests.

However, the fact that it was a deliberate change means Turbine disagrees. I suspect it was the party members not in quest getting credit that annoyed them and smacked of exploit, but really this doesn't solve that anyway (you can still give away chests, you just have to wait for everyone to be in to open).

That change doesn't make sense, no different than someone sitting at entrance while someone else solos the quest and still getting xp/loot/favor, right?

Maetrim
01-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Actually take someone with multiple accounts. They get each toon in the ame party but only one can be connected at a time. This way the other characters dont get loot, as they are not connected at the time the chest is opened.

The only issue I have with the current chest setup is raid warded chests. You dont get the loot if your are DC'd at the time of raid completion. I think it should be at the time the chest is opened. For example, in a fight with the abbot you cannot afford to wait around for someone to reconnect from a DC in this fight (one inferno can wipe the group), thus they miss out on loot (This has happened to me several times).