PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions, comrades

vettkinn
01-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Just a few questions from your friendly neighborhood comrade:

1. How can a melee type efficiently kill golems? What kind of DR's do golems have anyway? (I used a lesser construct bane warhammer on a clay golem once but it didn't do the 1d6 extra damage for some reason).

2. There's a new DDO ad with comrade Broccoli again, this time with cars. But what do the cars imply?

3. Is it just me? Or does American players using voice chat sound creepy? (never heard hawt female voices though)

7-day_Trial_Monkey
01-09-2010, 06:53 PM
You need an adamantine weapon to get through the dr of a clay golem. If your base damage is reduced to 0 by dr, the special effects on the weapon will not trigger.

vettkinn
01-09-2010, 07:01 PM
You need an adamantine weapon to get through the dr of a clay golem. If your base damage is reduced to 0 by dr, the special effects on the weapon will not trigger.

Thanks, I understand now. Do I have to use blunt adamantine weapons on those golems? Or will slashing / piercing do?

Krag
01-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks, I understand now. Do I have to use blunt adamantine weapons on those golems? Or will slashing / piercing do?

Depends on the golem type. You need blunt for clay golems but any weapon will do for iron golems.

vettkinn
01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Depends on the golem type. You need blunt for clay golems but any weapon will do for iron golems.

Thanks again comrades Kraq and monkey, but what about those flesh golems in the orchard?

(still at work, can't test right away :( )

Bronko
01-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Thanks again comrades Kraq and monkey, but what about those flesh golems in the orchard?

(still at work, can't test right away :( )

Flesh Golems also have DR/Adamantine. Any weapon type will do.

DoctorWhofan
01-10-2010, 01:56 AM

1. How can a melee type efficiently kill golems? What kind of DR's do golems have anyway? (I used a lesser construct bane warhammer on a clay golem once but it didn't do the 1d6 extra damage for some reason).

2. There's a new DDO ad with comrade Broccoli again, this time with cars. But what do the cars imply?

3. Is it just me? Or does American players using voice chat sound creepy? (never heard hawt female voices though)

3. I sound like Mickey Mouse, not sure if I qualify as a hawt chick.

Question: DO all Russians refer to each other as "comrades"? I thought that was a purely political move by the Soviet government. I thought that went out with the guy with the birthmark on his head.

You seem to use it all the time, so I wonder...

Sebiale
01-10-2010, 03:40 AM

*imagines a girl sounding like Mickey Mouse over voice chat*
...stay away from my server...please.
XP

Lagin
01-10-2010, 03:54 AM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/chainmail/eq_dmg_mace_of_smiting.png?t=1263117463

Kaervas
01-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Keen Adamantine Scimitar/Rapier/Kukri of Smiting, mmmmm.
The adamantine material type isn't necessary in most cases, but may as well go all the way :P

ProdigalGuru
01-10-2010, 04:02 AM
Because I find the constant use of the word "comrade" pretty creepy.

And why does it have to be Americans? How do you know they are not Canucks, Aussies, Kiwis, or Brits?

Just because a person can communicate in English, they do not necessarily have to be American.

Consider yourself, for instance.

I think you are just prejudiced against Americans. Understandable, due to the cold war.

You probably think we are all rich, as well....

Lagin
01-10-2010, 04:04 AM
1. How can a melee type efficiently kill golems?

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/chainmail/eq_dmg_mace_of_smiting.png?t=1263117463

Halo_572
01-10-2010, 04:08 AM
I can't comment on the broccoli ad, I have Firefox and Adblock Plus installed so I enjoy an ad free, uncluttered Internet.

uhgungawa
01-10-2010, 04:12 AM

Ever play any other MMO's? With common areas people camp out at spawn sites and you have to try and beat them to the kill or wait again for another shot.

vettkinn
01-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Ever play any other MMO's? With common areas people camp out at spawn sites and you have to try and beat them to the kill or wait again for another shot.

You're right comrade :D I can see that now.

Regarding the resists, I confirm that slashing adamantine weapons work on flesh golems (using +4 adamantine long sword). The orchard monsters have become easy prey again :D

:D .......but I never heard how Mickey mouse sounds like.

And why does it have to be Americans? How do you know they are not Canucks, Aussies, Kiwis, or Brits?

I can tell which voices are which comrade, I've watched American sitcoms and talked with actual Americans too. Some of them were a good bunch, but lets just leave it at that.

Have a nice day comrades. :)

quickgrif
01-10-2010, 06:14 AM
You're right comrade :D I can see that now.

Regarding the resists, I confirm that slashing adamantine weapons work on flesh golems (using +4 adamantine long sword). The orchard monsters have become easy prey again :D

:D .......but I never heard how Mickey mouse sounds like.

I can tell which voices are which comrade, I've watched American sitcoms and talked with actual Americans too. Some of them were a good bunch, but lets just leave it at that.

Have a nice day comrades. :)

The way you type makes me think of the old bad 80's American versions of a Russian. Boy where they were bad lol. Comrades, did not think they used that term anymore?

DoctorWhofan
01-10-2010, 11:22 AM
The way you type makes me think of the old bad 80's American versions of a Russian. Boy where they were bad lol. Comrades, did not think they used that term anymore?

THat was my question.

If you based your impression of Americans by their sitcoms, you have a VERY WRONG impression. I live in Hawai'i for example, and NOTHING on American Sitcoms faintly resembles that. And I am noteven Native Hawai'ian to know that. But this is America. So is Porto Rico, Florida, the Uppper Pennisula of Michigan (bad BAD Canadians! ours! :p ) Alaska, Guam, Texas, and so on...

America is is VERY DIVERSE. FOr we were founded by immergration from all countries and the Natives who already lived here. Hollywood is NOT America.

uhgungawa
01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
\ Hollywood is NOT America.

But that ain't what the movies told me ... :p

Strakeln
01-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Adoryn's Malice is the weapon you want. Blunt, adamantine, greater construct bane, and finessable to boot. Drops in the end chest of the Titan pre-raid.

vettkinn
01-10-2010, 04:29 PM
THat was my question.

If you based your impression of Americans by their sitcoms, you have a VERY WRONG impression. I live in Hawai'i for example, and NOTHING on American Sitcoms faintly resembles that. And I am noteven Native Hawai'ian to know that. But this is America. So is Porto Rico, Florida, the Uppper Pennisula of Michigan (bad BAD Canadians! ours! :p ) Alaska, Guam, Texas, and so on...

America is is VERY DIVERSE. FOr we were founded by immergration from all countries and the Natives who already lived here. Hollywood is NOT America.

But that ain't what the movies told me ...

Hmmm, I never thought that Hawaiians have different accents (never thought of studying them). Regardless, I am the friendly sort, and I will show my friendliness by appreciating the finer things in your culture:

:) I LOVE LADY GAGA :)

*Waves American Flag*

Adoryn's Malice is the weapon you want. Blunt, adamantine, greater construct bane, and finessable to boot. Drops in the end chest of the Titan pre-raid.

Yes comrade that's exactly one of the most perfect named weapons for those annoying golems.

* UPDATE*

I confirm that my +4 Adamantine Longsword works against Iron Golems too.

quickgrif
01-10-2010, 04:36 PM
THat was my question.

The old portrayals of Russians in American movies and such. Many them used comrade all the time is what I am referring to. :D I know how Americans are ,for I am one, and I know people from Russia they don't use comrade ever.

DoctorWhofan
01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
The OP never answered the question.

But I will answer his.

Hawai'ians, Native ones are PACIFIC ISLANDERS. Like Fiji and New Zealand's Maori and Easter Island (if they were still any around) and Samoans just to name a few. Hawai'ian population is made up of these plus Japanese, Chinese, American stock, Alaskan Natives and Filipinos. There is Koreans and Vietmese and such, but to a lesser degree.

FYI: Hawai'i is the only place in the USA that there was a recognized Monarchy, even after it became a territory.

Double aside here: I'm Virginian BOrn, European and Michigan Raised, and currently here cuz my hubby is stationed here ( I was too, but I'm out.)

Krag
01-11-2010, 02:34 AM

Poor man's option is Mace of Smiting that drops often in Garamol's chest or you can buy it for a small fee.

gorloch
01-11-2010, 08:06 AM

We all know that female gamers is a myth made up by some lonely male gamers who have a hard time finding love since they don't leave their parents basement. :p

Poor man's option is Mace of Smiting that drops often in Garamol's chest or you can buy it for a small fee.

And Mace of Smiting I do believe can drop radomly from any 6-8 level chest as well as Garamol's in the Subt.

PIXA

Zlingerdark
01-11-2010, 02:32 PM

I'm Virginian BOrn, European and Michigan Raised, and currently here cuz my hubby is stationed here ( I was too, but I'm out.)

Where in Michigan if I dare ask... I am a Michigander (or Michiganian if you prefer). Born, raised, and still here.