PDA

View Full Version : word of recall

Djimonte
01-08-2010, 04:41 PM
I am curious as a cleric why does word of recall take me to the house D church where there are absolutely no needs for clerics and its a bare room?
Healers are bound to house J.
Here is my suggestion and maybe itll fly but would it be possible to get churches with healer vending in differing locals such as refuge amrath meridia etc for this cleric spell as it sits now it is a burden to even bother with. Thanks.
On a side note Lawful clerics have certain recall points which would differ from the neutral and chaotic ones;D

Talon_Moonshadow
01-08-2010, 06:54 PM
With all the added work to Stormreach, is it so much to ask, to make the Temple otSH a place like the portable whole...but for clerics?

I've asked this before. If we can only recall to one place, it should be a place we want to go.

thx.

Hakushi
01-08-2010, 08:54 PM
The idea behind the Word of Recall spell was to bring back the player to a holy area, but now that we have different "religions" as enhancements, this spell should be updated, if it's still a recall to a holy area, then the Catacombs have to be in there, because it's the home of the Silver Flame and now, player clerics have a Faith enhancement for the Silver Flame, and not only for the Sovereign Host.

Maybe it's time to rethink the spell with a few choices of locations instead of the only one we currently have.

Maybe the spell could be tied with your enhancement choice, and if you have none, a more neutral holy area.

knightgf
01-08-2010, 09:36 PM
But then how would we set our teleportation locations? Speak to a priest to change our word of recall destination?

shenthing
01-08-2010, 10:00 PM
In the world of Eberron, House J is the hafling dragonmarked house of healers (think of them as your Roman Catholic Church but shorter and meaner). Now, while House J is renown for their unsurpassed skills at healing (as the other is renown), they are not the only game in town.
The Silver Flame and the Church of the Sovereign host (can't remember is there's one of those, but it would be your snake-handlers) should teleport to areas fitting for them (I believe the Silver Flame played a considerable role in the war which is a whole other story.