PDA

View Full Version : How do I find good TRADING and QUEST partners? BB?

Ayrleig
01-07-2010, 01:35 PM
I've got a low end player or two and am looking to trade items and have a partner or two for slow, methodical adventuring. I'm having trouble finding them. Everything seems so ad hoc, catch as catch can, even with a guild.

Are there good bulletin boards for such things?

stainer
01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Some guilds have websites where they organize such things. There are permadeath groups that do this sort of thing too. Go to the forum for the server you play on and post there, or check the guild forum for that server. I play on Khyber and I know there are guilds that do that there. Good luck.

Kralgnax
01-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I've got a low end player or two and am looking to trade items and have a partner or two for slow, methodical adventuring. I'm having trouble finding them. Everything seems so ad hoc, catch as catch can, even with a guild.

Are there good bulletin boards for such things?
Welcome to DDO!

For the latter, seek out static group threads - though, of course, you'll have to sync your play times for the relevant characters.

For he former, I'm not really sure what you're looking for. Can you please be more specific what you have in mind?

Ayrleig
01-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Welcome to DDO!

For the latter, seek out static group threads - though, of course, you'll have to sync your play times for the relevant characters.

For he former, I'm not really sure what you're looking for. Can you please be more specific what you have in mind?

Thanks. Is there a classified ad forum, or similar bulletin board? A "Craig's List" for trading items? Per server? (I don't play this kind of game/sim in order to have my character spend my time chasing down and soliciting others, ya know?) ;->

Ayrleig
01-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Some guilds have websites where they organize such things. There are permadeath groups that do this sort of thing too. Go to the forum for the server you play on and post there, or check the guild forum for that server. I play on Khyber and I know there are guilds that do that there. Good luck.

A permadeath group! Very interesting. How do I find such a thing?

Kralgnax
01-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks. Is there a classified ad forum, or similar bulletin board? A "Craig's List" for trading items? Per server? (I don't play this kind of game/sim in order to have my character spend my time chasing down and soliciting others, ya know?) ;->

Each server has an auction house to buy/sell stuff, plus the brokers, or you can use the server marketplace forum here (if you're 100% F2P, you won't have posting access, you get it if premium or VIP)

Ayrleig
01-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks, I took a look at an auction or two and didn't see action. So there must be some way in that I don't know about. Also, I suspect it is used only for the more powerful magic items. Regular DDO users bye and large seem not to like to bother with lowbies or their gear.

Irinis
01-07-2010, 05:27 PM
For lowbie stuff after level 4-6 you're better off going to the vendors. Marketplace, House D, and House K can outfit you for not too horrible plat.

Ayrleig
01-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks. Not horrible compared to going solo in normal mode in some of these dungeons, but not that feasible when just the 4th thru 6th character you describe have the +2 or so magic dripping off them and they're looking for a better-than-vendor price.

Kralgnax
01-08-2010, 08:30 AM
For lowbie stuff after level 4-6 you're better off going to the brokers - Marketplace, House D, and House K can outfit you for not too horrible plat.

Fixed that for ya ;)

Ayrleig:
Do be aware that brokers (the ones of interest for you are in the marketplace) reset periodically, so may have nothing at all on them when you look. Check back later. Brokers also give you a better price than vendors when you're selling stuff.

I always find tons of stuff (though much of it is overpriced and/or ****) on the auctioneer, even at low levels, so you finding nothing seems odd to me. Select Auctions tab, the item you want (say shields) and level range (say 2-6) - if you don't get multiple screens of stuff, something is not right - unless you play on Lammania ;)

Ayrleig
01-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all the good tips!

DasLurch
01-08-2010, 07:13 PM
If you are looking for a permadeath group on your server, start a new thread on the topic of looking for one. Make sure that you add in what server you are playing on, and when you are able to play. That will help the right people find you more easily. If the server doesn't matter, I know there are a few of the larger permadeath guilds on Argonessen server and Khyber server.