PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness around Stormreach for Mid or Low Level PC's

Ayrleig
01-05-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm a little bewildered about the wilderness.

I have a 3rd level Ranger and have been around the Cerullian Hills a lot, but am finding little entre' into the wilderness around Stormreach. Am I missing something, or should I just get out of Dodge?

And what about quests therein, besides rescuing Lady Azdel from the Orcs repeatedly?

Please help.

DoctorWhofan
01-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Noticed the lack of mounts in the game? Really there ISN'T any. You are in Stormreach or another town (such as Gianthold or Meridia) otherwise there isn't any wilderness per se like WoW or LotRO. The game is entirely instanced.

As for quests, they are EVERYWHERE. Look forthe chalices on your map. They are in Taverns, the Hills has another quest that you get inside the wilderness. Waterworks has one inside the Waterworks slayer area.

TasteTester
01-05-2010, 08:23 AM
There are other instanced outdoor areas besides Cerulean Hills that you'll be able to explore soon, although some of these are paid content. For example: Tangleroot Gorge, Three-Barrel Cove, Searing Heights, Sorrowdusk Isle, Ataraxia's Haven. All these have quests, "slayer" deeds, exploration points to find and rare spawn encounters.

In addition some of the individual quests occur outdoors. Irestone Inlet comes to mind as an early one.

Ayrleig
01-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Good info. I hope one day DDO adds more wilderness spaces and even some random encounters therein, but happy ot see your info.

Rumbaar
01-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Waterworks is technically a 'Wilderness' area as well.

But each Wilderness area is an 'adventure' pack of sorts, so you tend to have to go VIP or purchase them to gain access. Specially some of the mid and all top end stuff.