PDA

View Full Version : Guild suggestions

darko.87
01-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Here are a few things I'd like to see happen to the guilds around DDO
1.More experience/loot for guild members, or some other incentive for people to join/rank up in guilds (not a penelty for people who don't want to be in guilds. I was thinking of soemthing like a 10% exp bonus when you go questing with people who are in your guild.)
2.Alliances between guilds, so that if I'm a leader of a guild, and I have a friend who also is a leader of a guild, we could still be connected guildwise.
3. More ranks, I can't stress the lack of ranks enough in the guilds of this game. As a guild leader, all I can do is promote a guild member one time? What if I don't want someone to be just a normal member, but I don't want them to have the power of an officer?
4. A more interactive guild menu, perhaps something that resembles a chart, that would allow me to plan guild events.

Feedback would be much appreciated :)

Lorien_the_First_One
01-04-2010, 12:09 AM
1) I see this as a bad idea because it works against those who are unguilded or in small guilds. There are already reasons to be in a guild, no bonus loot is needed.
2) A number of guilds do have alliances and a way to connect to each others guild lists would be nice (or even merging two guilds without the current manual process). Right now the work around is a custom alliance chat channel is established.
3) They actually tried to release this a few months ago. It bugged in a most comical way (I change the titles in my guild, it change them for all guilds). Eventually I'm sure that will show up.
4) Not sure what you are looking for here... Most guilds that do a lot of planning go to one of the guild hosting sites or set up their own. A larger MoTD would be rather nice though.

darko.87
01-04-2010, 12:31 AM
1) I see this as a bad idea because it works against those who are unguilded or in small guilds. There are already reasons to be in a guild, no bonus loot is needed.
2) A number of guilds do have alliances and a way to connect to each others guild lists would be nice (or even merging two guilds without the current manual process). Right now the work around is a custom alliance chat channel is established.
3) They actually tried to release this a few months ago. It bugged in a most comical way (I change the titles in my guild, it change them for all guilds). Eventually I'm sure that will show up.
4) Not sure what you are looking for here... Most guilds that do a lot of planning go to one of the guild hosting sites or set up their own. A larger MoTD would be rather nice though.

Thanks for the feedback
1. I appreciate the constructive criticism, thought it'd be nice though ;)
2.are you meaning that there is a custom alliance channel, if there is, I haven't heard of it.
3. I know what happned and it was quite a bit comical :P But really, I would LOVE custom guild ranks
4. MoTD is sort of what I was talking about, but I can't really explain it, so I'll just drop that idea :P

Lorien_the_First_One
01-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback
1. I appreciate the constructive criticism, thought it'd be nice though ;)
2.are you meaning that there is a custom alliance channel, if there is, I haven't heard of it.
3. I know what happned and it was quite a bit comical :P But really, I would LOVE custom guild ranks
4. MoTD is sort of what I was talking about, but I can't really explain it, so I'll just drop that idea :P

You can create as many of your own custom chanels as you want and anyone who knows the name of the chanel can join it. For example on my server there is a well know and yet exclusive chanel known as "AM" that includes select players from various guilds who enjoy raiding together.

And don't dump the idea just for me, I just didn't quite get it :p

Borror0
01-04-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm not in any guild right now, but when I was in one I really would have liked a 3Tell button in the guild tab.

darko.87
01-04-2010, 12:49 AM
And don't dump the idea just for me, I just didn't quite get it :p

I didn't dump the idea just for you, the more I thought about it, the worse it got :/
but whatever, as long as I have a few suggestions, maybe one of them will be good ^^

darko.87
01-04-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm not in any guild right now, but when I was in one I really would have liked a 3Tell button in the guild tab.

A guild tell would be a great idea, I never understood why I had to go to the "Who" tab, and type in the guildmates name, just to send him/her a tell.