PDA

View Full Version : Smite evil

Ybbald
01-03-2010, 12:30 PM
How long does it last? When I use it on my pally it doesn't show up with m buffs. I saw you can get extra uses of it with enhancements but in since you regenerate uses every 90 seconds are they worth it? When I was fighting in the starter mission I was alternating between getting a +3 to hit and a +8. +3 is my base. I have 15 charisma so the bonus should be +4, not +5. Does it double the cha you have ab out 10 and then take the bonus from that? That would explain it. Also, why was I only getting to bonus to hit half the time? I wasn't moving and if I was, it would be +4.

Visty
01-03-2010, 12:32 PM
it lasts exactly the hit when you activate it

it isnt a buff, its a one hit thing

and that alterning you saw has to do with progressive attacks and everyone has that

Ybbald
01-03-2010, 12:33 PM
progressive attacks?

kamimitsu
01-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Smite Evil is 1 attack.

When you click Smite, your character will swing his weapon. That attack (and that attack alone) receives whatever bonuses Smite Evil (and later, Exalted Smite) confers.

Visty
01-03-2010, 12:34 PM
you get a tohit bonus if you finish your attack chain aka dont move around while hitting
its in +5 stages and maxes out at bab3 with something like 0/+5/+5/+10

its a way to emulate the more attacks from high bab in pnp

Ybbald
01-03-2010, 12:39 PM
But I have to stand still?

Pizzasoup
01-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Right, if you move, it'll reset your combo.

Ybbald
01-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Do I have to do a certain number of attacks to increase the bonus? Can I turn and just not walk forward?

Visty
01-03-2010, 12:44 PM
the bonus depends on your bab and maxes out at +3
you have to stand still aka not move means you can turn around if you dont move while doing so

from the release notes (which you could have found out on your own too, jsut saying)

Combat

* Based on player feedback and several game balance issues, several changes have been made to combat swing progressions. Characters will gain additional attack swings earlier than before, and attack animation speeds have been adjusted.
o At Base Attack Bonus +0, a character will have two swings in their attack sequence.
o At Base Attack Bonus +1 or +2, a character will have three swings in their attack sequence. As before, your third attack in the sequence will have a +5 bonus to hit.
o At Base Attack Bonus +3 or higher, a character will have four swings. As before, your third attack in the sequence will have a +5 bonus to hit, and your fourth attack will have +10 to hit. The fifth attack animations have been removed from the game at this time.
o Each point of Base Attack Bonus increases attack speed – for example, a BAB +15 character will attack faster than a BAB +10 character, despite having the same number of attacks in their attack sequence.
o All melee weapon styles (including one and two handed weapons) now have an identical number of (main hand) swings over time, except for the monk unarmed combat style (which has more attacks per minute than other attack styles). This is a significant boost to two handed weapons.
o Mobile attacks are no longer sometimes faster than standing attacks.
o Characters no longer sometimes suffer a reduction in attacks over time when they increase in base attack bonus.
o Glancing Blow and Off-hand attack hooks have been shifted around to compensate for these changes. Staves are now treated identically to other two handed weapons for glancing blow hooks.
o Ranged weapons have not had their animation speeds modified at this time, but ranged characters will gain the benefits of the +5 and +10 to hit on every third and fourth attacks while standing still earlier than before.

Ybbald
01-03-2010, 12:56 PM
I see my problem. When I activate it, it makes my character attack immediately. I had been activating it and then running into battle thinking my next attack would have the bonus when I already did the attack X_X

Ybbald
01-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Do Paladin Attack Boost I and Human Versatility Attack I stack?

sirdanile
01-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't think so but they generally arn't worth activating even by themselves.

Visty
01-03-2010, 01:15 PM
all bosts share the same timer so you can have only 1 active at a time anyway, so they dont stack