PDA

View Full Version : Buying opening on Hard

IanW09
01-03-2010, 06:32 AM
I'm a VIP who hates grinding and plays in two Permadeath guilds.

I'd happily pass over a bunch of Turbine points to avoid opening on the easy-mode "normal".

Any chance of seeing this implemented ?

Kaervas
01-03-2010, 06:34 AM
I'm a VIP who hates grinding and plays in two Permadeath guilds.

I'd happily pass over a bunch of Turbine points to avoid opening on the easy-mode "normal".

Any chance of seeing this implemented ?

Huh?
If you're a subscriber, you should already be able to open on Hard mode without having to complete Normal.

Do you mean you would like to pay to be able to open on Elite without doing Hard?

IanW09
01-03-2010, 07:07 AM
VIP = pays Turbine cash for permanent access to modules and so on

P2P = pays a monthly subscription for temporary access to everything

Basically, right now, I either need someone P2P to open it for me, or I need to have done it on Normal first.

Now, I dont like playing EZ-mode, so .... Turbine, can I pay you a lump of cash to permanently open things on Hard ?

Kaervas
01-03-2010, 07:09 AM
VIP = pays Turbine cash for permanent access to modules and so on

P2P = pays a monthly subscription for temporary access to everything

Basically, right now, I either need someone P2P to open it for me, or I need to have done it on Normal first.

Now, I dont like playing EZ-mode, so .... Turbine, can I pay you a lump of cash to permanently open things on Hard ?

VIP = subscription.

You're Premium, going by the game's terminology.

huflung
01-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Premium = pays Turbine cash for permanent access to modules and so on

VIP = pays a monthly subscription for temporary access to everything

Fixed... ugh

Dendrix
01-03-2010, 07:32 AM

for $15 per month you can do exactly that.

Bardicwolf
01-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Let's face it, you know you want to become a VIP... Everyone does who enjoys the game. You don't have to go on normal, you don't have to sigil grind, you don't have to worry what adventure pack you have, AND you really, really, really, really want to.

IanW09
01-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Sorry for the terminology stuffup - thats what posting on little sleep does.

No, I like paying cash for content. A monthly subscription is annoying for those of us without credit cards, and knowing I can stop whenever I want ... helps :)

I still want to pay Turbine cash money to open stuff on hard.

giveuptg
01-04-2010, 01:48 AM
I actually really like this idea and would fork over my hard-earned DDO points for it.

I'm also of the "I prefer to own my content" mindset. I permanently purchased 32-point builds, Gianthold, Vale of Twilight, and a few other sale items. I like knowing I'll have them forever, even without being VIP.

Memnir
01-04-2010, 01:54 AM
I'd prefer this stay a VIP-exclusive benefit. Too few reasons to justify being VIP as it is...

KillEveryone
01-04-2010, 02:48 AM
I would love this.

If they offered this I would stop being VIP faster than a split second.

I already purchased some stuff but wanted in on the point deal and to check out some stuff I don't have.

I really like being able to open stuff up on hard the first time, espically when I've done it on another character and am familiar with the quest.

erethizon
01-04-2010, 03:16 AM
I say we compromise. Put a feature that allows you to open content on a harder difficulty in the shop. This would allow premium players to open on hard and VIP players to open on elite. Being a VIP would still have its benefits (I know I would prefer to do most quests only on elite) and there would be a new item in the store that everyone, VIP and premium alike, would want to buy.

caius15
01-04-2010, 03:29 AM
it exist and it is the Bell Of Opening.

You can even open it in elite on the first time...

Kaervas
01-04-2010, 03:49 AM
it exist and it is the Bell Of Opening.

You can even open it in elite on the first time...

Haha, if the Bell of Opening did that I'd stock up on a bunch.

Unfortunately all the bell does is cast knock with a +99 modifier, unlocking any chest/door in the game that doesn't demand the exact Key.