PDA

View Full Version : How do you repick a feat?

Kage72
01-03-2010, 03:23 AM
I've heard there is a way to reset a feat. Does anybody happen to know how one does this? :)

Thanks!!

Sirea
01-03-2010, 03:26 AM
There's a couple different ways.

You've probably pulled little orange-colored stones called Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. Crunching those up in large quantities in the Stone of Change will make larger versions, that can be used for feat respecs (every few levels you need the next step up in dragonshard). Bring the appropriate Dragonshard and some plat to Fred in House J to exchange feats.

Either that or you can do the Hall of the Mark quest in the Marketplace with Lockania to earn a free feat exchange. Lots of people I know prefer to save this free feat for higher levels, where feat exchanging is most expensive. But the choice is yours whether you want to use this option sooner or later.

DownClan
01-03-2010, 03:39 AM
You can also use Turbine Points to buy an item in the Store, that, combined with some in-game gold, let's you exchange a Feat.

Fred in House J. is the Feat exchange d00d. He's the one to talk to in order to actually perform the exchange.

--DownClan

Sirea
01-03-2010, 03:46 AM
You can also use Turbine Points to buy an item in the Store, that, combined with some in-game gold, let's you exchange a Feat.

Fred in House J. is the Feat exchange d00d. He's the one to talk to in order to actually perform the exchange.

--DownClan

I really wouldn't advocate buying the smaller Dragonshards out of the DDO store. Even if you don't have enough Dragonshard Fragments to crunch up, they are regularly on the auction house in stacks of 1000 for super cheap.

ivar415
01-03-2010, 02:19 PM

--DownClanDo you hate the OP or something?
The fricken syberis shards drop like hotcakes and aren´t really useful for anything else AFAIK.
I think one normal fragment is enough to change before level5 after that it´s the next higher shard category for every (5?) couple of levels. When you compact a number of shards in the stone of change you convert them to the next higher category.

I think the going rate is 10? ****. Damn you DDOWiki!! You made me a user! :p

DownClan
01-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Do you hate the OP or something?
The fricken syberis shards drop like hotcakes and aren´t really useful for anything else AFAIK.
I think one normal fragment is enough to change before level5 after that it´s the next higher shard category for every (5?) couple of levels. When you compact a number of shards in the stone of change you convert them to the next higher category.

I think the going rate is 10? ****. Damn you DDOWiki!! You made me a user! :p

I was just posting about the Turbine Points option to be complete. Which option is best for which player is something ultimately up to each individual player.

I would like to thank you for your information about the relative ease of getting shards in-game for Feat exchange. As a new player, that info is very useful to me.

--DownClan

ivar415
01-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Ah, so your´re quite new too. Should´ve mentioned it in some way.

As a general rule you ONLY spend Turbine points on adventure packs and other permanent stuff like Bank stuff, Races , Classes etc. It´s clear they want to make money with the F2P concept, but from our player point of view buying anything else but what I mentioned is extremely unwise.

As for the shards, dunno if it´s just me but lately I´m having a deluge of these yellow shards. While the Khyber pink (mauve? :p ) ones only trickle in.
These are btw used to bind a normal item to your character through the stone, so it becomes invulnerable to permanent repair damage. So they are actually usefull.