PDA

View Full Version : Raid Channels/Guilds

Credinus
01-02-2010, 02:32 PM
So, are there any raid channels and/or guilds on Cannith that I'm just overlooking? I'm personally not looking to join a raiding guild due to my commitment to the guild I'm already in, but I would very much like to find one to work alongside if they have openings for raids. Or really, just anyone that's raiding outside of the PUG groups posted every now and then. I'm up to level 13 and haven't even been able to run a single raid outside of a TS run on normal (and I don't even count TS as a real raid), and I'd really like to get in on the raiding action.

So if there are any private channels or guilds that organize raids at least somewhat frequently... Please send me a PM! :)

UnderwearModel
01-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I would definitely join a RAID channel.

Maetrim
01-03-2010, 06:45 PM
One raid channel thats running is the abbot channel for the abbot raid:

/joinchannel abbot

All welcome if you want to run that one.

Sideways
01-04-2010, 05:40 AM
/Cannithraids exists but small membership atm. Be nice to see it larger. There is always an LFM board....

Only problem that I have with channels is that they can be elitist - the Devourer Abbot channel seemed more like it was designed to exclude rather than include but hey.

Perhaps a channel list sticky would be a good idea?

Side

Maetrim
01-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Only problem that I have with channels is that they can be elitist - the Devourer Abbot channel seemed more like it was designed to exclude rather than include but hey.

The devourer policy was that you didnt get invited to the abbot channel until you had a completion. Thats not the case on the Cannith channel as there is no password and its open to all.

Sideways
01-04-2010, 11:48 AM
The devourer policy was that you didnt get invited to the abbot channel until you had a completion. Thats not the case on the Cannith channel as there is no password and its open to all.

Yep I saw that there was no password - good call Joe. No need for passwords on public channels. Let me get 'wynder flagged and I'll see you in the Ascension Chamber shortly :)

Side

Credinus
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
I say we all band together and just use a simple channel named "raids" for anyone want to organize a core group for any raid. All in favor?