PDA

View Full Version : Add re-entry barrier to all quests

Angelus_dead
01-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Add re-entry barrier to all quests

The Suggestion
Go to every quest from level 2 to 20 and add an impassible blue forcefield over the entry, which activates when a player character leaves the first room. Once active, anyone who recalls, joins late, or uses Dimension Door will be unable to come into the rest of the area.

The Justification
This change will allow all quests and modes to be as fun and popular as Epic mode is. No longer will players be forced to wait until level 20 to experience the challenging tension of being locked into the dungeon.

hydra_ex
01-02-2010, 01:42 PM
I really like this idea. Also "open up" each quest area so that there's a pit of lava below from which you cannot get back, and add in tons of air elementals.

The loot itself in most quests needs no improvement, however; its fine as it is.

Philam
01-02-2010, 01:43 PM
/NOT SIGNED and further more-just a bad idea.

Ph

hydra_ex
01-02-2010, 01:44 PM
/NOT SIGNED and further more-just a bad idea.

Ph

(Combat): You rolled a 1 on your detect sarcasm check: failure.

Philam
01-02-2010, 01:46 PM
(Combat): You rolled a 1 on your detect sarcasm check: failure.

(combat): You rolled a 1- wasnt talking about your response-was refering to OP!

Ph:)

Memnir
01-02-2010, 01:46 PM
.ygolohcysP

I like it.

hydra_ex
01-02-2010, 01:47 PM
(combat): You rolled a 1- wasnt talking about your response-was refering to OP!

Ph:)

I know, you just rolled a 1 for the OP. Its a satire, and my reply continues in the same vein.

phalaeo
01-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I really like this idea. Also "open up" each quest area so that there's a pit of lava below from which you cannot get back, and add in tons of air elementals.

The loot itself in most quests needs no improvement, however; its fine as it is.

I lol'ed, so +1 for you.

Eelpout
01-02-2010, 01:51 PM
I know, you just rolled a 1 for the OP. Its a satire, and my reply continues in the same vein.

I want in on this action. What is the over/under on explainations to understanding?

hydra_ex
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I want in on this action. What is the over/under on explainations to understanding?

I don't quite understand what you mean; A_D said that "this change will allow all quests and modes to be as fun and popular as Epic mode is." That's obviously satirical, as epic is seldom fun, and definitely not popular.

Eelpout
01-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't quite understand what you mean; A_D said that "this change will allow all quests and modes to be as fun and popular as Epic mode is." That's obviously satirical, as epic is seldom fun, and definitely not popular.

I realized where he was going with it, I was speaking of Philam because you have already explained yourself twice. This thread is ripe with misunderstanding!:D

hydra_ex
01-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I realized where he was going with it, I was speaking of Philam because you have already explained yourself twice. This thread is ripe with misunderstanding!:D

I'm so confused

Eelpout
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm so confused

All we need now is a man dressed as woman(I can handle that role) and a fake death and we can dub this "Shakespearian Forums"

bobbryan2
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I dunno about all that. I just think we should make every creature in the game immune to insta-death and quadruple everything's hit points.

Everyone loves a 60 second beatdown.

hydra_ex
01-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I dunno about all that. I just think we should make every creature in the game immune to insta-death and quadruple everything's hit points.

Everyone loves a 60 second beatdown.

But then the casters would just have to use firewall. Can't have them doing that!

/immune.

Pintail
01-02-2010, 02:11 PM
It's simple Hydra we get you are not in favor of OPs idea. I don't think anyone who posted is except the op.

Memnir
01-02-2010, 02:12 PM
It's simple Hydra we get you are not in favor of OPs idea. I don't think anyone who posted is except the op.Not even.

hydra_ex
01-02-2010, 02:12 PM
It's simple Hydra we get you are not in favor of OPs idea. I don't think anyone who posted is except the op.

His post was a satire! You don't get it. In the form of giving suggestions to "improve" upon his idea, we are in fact continuing in the same vein and pointing out why epic is not fun.

Eelpout
01-02-2010, 02:18 PM
His post was a satire! You don't get it. In the form of giving suggestions to "improve" upon his idea, we are in fact continuing in the same vein and pointing out why epic is not fun.

I am really starting to love this thread. Perhaps the title could be changed to "Sarcasm Handbook Required"?

Side stitches hurt:p

hydra_ex
01-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I am really starting to love this thread. Perhaps the title could be changed to "Sarcasm Handbook Required"?

Side stitches hurt:p

No, I think he seriously didn't understand the post.

Matuse
01-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Sounds to me like you all are looking for EZMode. Dungeon trash should remote cast DC75 disintegrates at random, even when not aggrod on anyone in the party. This should begin in Korthos, with the Sahuagin.

And when are we getting a dungeon which takes place entirely under "water" in a lava pool? Obviously some mechanical changes would have to be made to prevent players from exploiting XP when they finish without killing anything (this would be easier than trying to code for letting us fight underlava).

Monsters should be given randomized weapons appropriate to their level, although any standard results of "holy" and "of pure good" should be changed to "Unholy" and "Of pure evil". That way, once you start fighting CR12 monsters (around level 8), you can be randomly vorpaled, or paralyzed. Obviously some limits would need to be in place to keep players from being overpowered in these circumstance...no monster would ever wield a Vicious weapon, and any suffix results of Deception/Smiting/Disruption should be replaced with a new Vorpal suffix. Banishing would be treated the same, except in Shavarath, where all weapons are generated as Banishing instead of whatever they would have gotten.

Angelus_dead
01-02-2010, 02:20 PM
His post was a satire! You don't get it.
Or he was using triple-reverse satire, and it's you who don't get it!

Eelpout
01-02-2010, 02:21 PM
No, I think he seriously didn't understand the post.

That is exactly what is sooo terribly funny. If you get give me gold festival coin everytime you have to explain that the OP wasn't intended as an actual suggestion, I would really appreciate it.

Dragonhyde
01-02-2010, 02:22 PM
eh epic just makes you remember what it was like before we had the easy access to all the right gear:P with that said I think a great upgrade for waterworks would be the addition of living meteor swarms :)

hydra_ex
01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Or he was using triple-reverse satire, and it's you who don't get it!

Its an internet forum, I don't think that its possible for someone to display such a complicated manoeuvre!

hydra_ex
01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
eh epic just makes you remember what it was like before we had the easy access to all the right gear:P with that said I think a great upgrade for waterworks would be the addition of living meteor swarms :)

And do they just back into hallways so that you can't attack them? :p

hydra_ex
01-02-2010, 02:24 PM
That is exactly what is sooo terribly funny. If you get give me gold festival coin everytime you have to explain that the OP wasn't intended as an actual suggestion, I would really appreciate it.

Watch you get 4 succubus cookies ;)

smatt
01-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Add re-entry barrier to all quests

The Suggestion
Go to every quest from level 2 to 20 and add an impassible blue forcefield over the entry, which activates when a player character leaves the first room. Once active, anyone who recalls, joins late, or uses Dimension Door will be unable to come into the rest of the area.

The Justification
This change will allow all quests and modes to be as fun and popular as Epic mode is. No longer will players be forced to wait until level 20 to experience the challenging tension of being locked into the dungeon.

I hav ea better idea..... Add a re-entry barrier on the forums for you AD :D