PDA

View Full Version : DDOcast Episode 149 - 2009 Year in Review (12-31-09)

Mockduck
12-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi everyone! Episode 149, DDOcast's 2009 Year in Review, is now ready. Here's a LINK (http://www.cyberears.com/cybrss/8231.mp3) to the episode - just left-click to play, right-click and 'save as' to download as an mp3. You can also find the show on Cyberears, iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and many other podcast aggregators. Visit DDOcast.com for more.

This week's show features a group chat taking a look at DDO over 2009, a huge year for the game. Joining me is Lessah, Rowanheal, Samius and Steiner-Davion, for a look at the ten most significant milestones in DDO history from the past year. This show also features a great "Masterwork Theatre" by Clankenbeard and Lessah, "T'was the Night Before New Years." Thanks for listening!

###

DDOcast Episode 149 - 2009 Year in Review - (1-2-10)

:15 Intro
4:45 Clankenbeard (and Morah's) Masterwork Theatre-Twas the Night Before New Years
12:39 DDOcast Build Guild Update
13:30 Year in Review 2009 Starts
14:45 #10 - Mod 9, When???
21:48 #9 - Risia's dead, long live Lammania!
28:21 #8 - Cannith and Orien, meet your older siblings
33:10 #7 - Visit MyTwitter.com/Facebook/DDO
44:50 #6 - Alert! There are six, no, four people killing orcs!
54:55 #5 - Swinging in the rain, grazing on a miss.
1:02:00 #4 - The end (game) is here
1:15:30 #3 - A new portal in Stormreach, or "at least they didn't call it unobtainium!" :)
1:35:35 #2 - Roll 1d6 for compensatory damages.
1:41:13 #1 - Just have to listen. For free!
1:59:25 Extra Credit, Errata and other happenings
1:59:45 First Person View
2:02:00 shr qst plz
2:06:00 TDM a bad DM
2:09:13 Marketplace!
2:11:08 Icons, updates and other errata
2:24:20 Other updates, classes and more
2:26:40 Event events and community events

END

TOTAL TIME: 2:38:49

(Quick show note: Originally I was set to chat with Adan this week to update things regarding the DDOcast Build Guild, coming to Orien soon. However, a last-minute scheduling conflict kept him out of this week's show. I sometimes record things at different times, and accidentally forgot to edit out a bit of our group chat that was meant to "wrap" around the interview, so when you hear me thanking Adan and wonder what the heck I'm talking about, that's why. By the time I caught it, I'd already put together the time line for the show and didn't feel like fixing it...)

###

Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who has listened to the podcast or looked at the web site over the past year. DDOcast is leaving 2009 with more listeners and visitors than ever before, thanks entirely to you!

Also want to thank everyone who has sent in a segment, done an interview, put together a write-up, been a part of a DDOcast chat or otherwise been involved in the creation of the podcast over the past year. You make the show!

In addition, I'd like to thank all of the fine folks at Turbine for taking time out of their busy days to spend some time with us on the show, we really appreciate it. DDO is doing amazing things in 2009 and 2010 looks to be just as huge!

I'd like to thank Cyberears for doing such a great job hosting the show over the past year. They do a really fantastic job and I couldn't be happier with their service!

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone from the DDO community who has done so much to expand the knowledge base of DDO, there's just too many to list here, but trust me - we all love you for it!

Thank you for your support in 2009 and I'm really looking forward to hitting the big episode 200 in late 2010!

Jerry

Lessah
01-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Jerry you are a bad bad man!

I laughed so hard listening to the show! I had NO IDEA you recorded the break!!!

You bad boy! ;):D

It was a good show! Thanks for having me on!

Kistilan
01-01-2010, 11:31 AM
*jaw drops*

So much for All Women Raids.... Blue Aliens is where it's at!

Jerry knows best. :p

Dylos_Moon
01-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Yes its being pugged, however typically at least half the group is already experienced, as we add puzzle solvers via a private channel.

If you watch the Abbot lfms, you will see a lot of the same people despite it being pugged, and yes it's being run multiple times a week as several groups are completing the raid every three days.