PDA

View Full Version : New Person looking for answers

ToxicSecret
12-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Good Evening my brothers and sisters of the world, I am a new player that is still loading the game as I am putting up the message with my own blood. The first question is could someone give me the link of classes and races if that is possible of course. Second thing does this game have any prestige class or is this something that will only be in the game later on or never. My third question is there anyone who role-plays while they quest and kill the monsters that tries to kill them. I would also like to know what is the level cap of this game and if the level cap will go up after a while. If I make my character that I normaly do in the dungeons and dragon table top expect me as a Wood Elf Ranger that masters in bow and become a arcane Archer for his prestige or druid were i go normaly Serpent one to poison my enemies. If I cannot be a wood elf I will easely take regular elf and just role-play as if he was an wood elf. Now that you must have a headach trying to red what I wrote with blood I just hope you will be my friend and maybe send me a pen or something. Good luck and let the gods protect you in your journeys.

Signed,
(The Name I normaly use for my character)
Laurien Silveroak

zorander6
12-31-2009, 04:21 PM
removed

WeaselKing
12-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Good Evening my brothers and sisters of the world, I am a new player that is still loading the game as I am putting up the message with my own blood. The first question is could someone give me the link of classes and races if that is possible of course. Second thing does this game have any prestige class or is this something that will only be in the game later on or never. My third question is there anyone who role-plays while they quest and kill the monsters that tries to kill them. I would also like to know what is the level cap of this game and if the level cap will go up after a while. If I make my character that I normaly do in the dungeons and dragon table top expect me as a Wood Elf Ranger that masters in bow and become a arcane Archer for his prestige or druid were i go normaly Serpent one to poison my enemies. If I cannot be a wood elf I will easely take regular elf and just role-play as if he was an wood elf. Now that you must have a headach trying to red what I wrote with blood I just hope you will be my friend and maybe send me a pen or something. Good luck and let the gods protect you in your journeys.

Signed,
(The Name I normaly use for my character)
Laurien Silveroak

There is a lot here I will try to get as much answered as I can:

Up at the top of the forums there is a link to the compendium, it has class/race info etc.

DDO has something called enhancements, through these you can hace prestige class-like effects, arcane archer is included.

Role play is not common but does exist (Ithink).

The level cap is now 20, there are no stated plans to go further.

There are only elves (and drow) no sub-races exist in game.

There are no druids yet.

AQlso, it should be noted that ranged combat is generally considered inferior to melee but don't let that stop you. With a ranger you can be decent at both since they are not forced to choose between two weapon fighting and ranged combat as they do in PnP, they get the feats for both, bow strength (kind of like turning any bow into a composite one), precise shot, improved precise shot, manyshot, two weapon fighting, imp twf and greater twf are among the feats that a ranger in ddo gets for free.

ToxicSecret
12-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Thank you, my new friends I would appreciate if you can send me a pen next time. Also the first one that replied me Sir Zorander6, you probably took night elf for World of Warcraft cause they are a race and also a good race if you like to be a bowmen Ranger in the game. If anyone else has something in there mind that might help me I encourage you to go ahead and write a message. I also he have another question, for VIP do you need to buy it online or is there cards that are sold in the stores and if you do not buy it are you realy in a big disadvantage?

Signed,
Laurien Silveroak