PDA

View Full Version : Dumb but funny things you've done or seen lately.

MeliCat
12-30-2009, 06:50 PM
I still feel very new at all this although I just pinged 17 on my barb.

Just to make me (and anyone else) feel better about some of the dumb but funny things they've done or seen lately I thought I would list some of mine. Feel free to mention some of your own so that others can either get a laugh or understand that they're not the only ones.

* Attacking a boss fire elemental forgetting that I'd forgotten to buff with fire protection - and getting distracted by guild chat as I died... Hmmm.
* Jumping off something forgetting I had not put on feather fall.
* rolling 1s with a /roll 1d100 - there are 100 numbers to roll - why a 1???
* The run toggle.... OH the run toggle. SO many bad things happen with the run toggle. But I do remember when just starting out learning to play, not fully acquainted with all the mappings, hitting the run toggle accidentally and then spending about 2 minutes running into a wall while I became acquainted with the mapping for the run toggle

So many funny and fun things in this game... I like it lots. :)

DasLurch
12-30-2009, 08:27 PM
I had one of those "watching health bar" moments on my cleric a few days ago. Didn't realize I was standing in lava and then couldn't figure out how I died at first. At least it didn't lead to a party wipe :)

hydra_ex
12-30-2009, 08:31 PM
In wizard king, standing in a firewall beside an arcane archer, there is no caster in the group.

I thought "Finally, our caster got a fw!" followed by "Wait a minute, why am I taking damage so fast?" then a "...and we don't have a caster..."

MeliCat
01-24-2010, 03:01 PM
I have a couple more now...

You know in Threnals? That bit where there is a narrow doorway immediately onto a ladder down into a large room (directly across from steps that go up to a lever). Yeah well, tagging along with a group (all TRs except me...) who are intending a speed run. The one man army (2nd TR with kick ass gear) has aggro on a couple of gargoyles and drags them to the doorway before jumping down. The gargole gets the the middle of this doorway at the top of the ladder and decides to do it's blocked healing state thing where it's really hard to kill them. Um? You're in the WAY!!!! Just let us kill you so we can get through!!!! Pretty funny. A speed run had a 5 min pause while we dealt with this sucka. :)

And another speed XP run. WW just outside the bit with the long tunnel of poison traps. Again I was tagging along behind a TR who was essentially soloing elite but decided to get the other trap and had me pull the underwater lever just there. On my way in I had casually aggroed the oozes up there. And being a slacker (no pots but plenty of sp) I had left myself with only 5 hp. So I get back from pulling the underwater lever. And I go to climb the ladder... and these 2 oozes are like waiting for me. So I'm like stuck on the ladder 'cos I didn't want to die and lose the 10%. My party member was of course laughing hard and threatening to tell in guild chat. :) Won't do that again.

Spoprockel
01-24-2010, 05:01 PM
One thing that looked really funny: The sewer part at the start of caverns of korromar, where there's one room with about 5 black jellies in.
I was the only barbarian, we had 3 rangers, a caster and a cleric, the rangers immediately started firing, every one at another ooze and splitting them into at least 20 black jellies.
It looked like i was drowning in an ocean of black jelly in a thunderstorm, desperately swinging my greatclub to stay on the surface.

BitkaCK2
01-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Noob story incoming:
Not quite sure how this one happened but here goes. Soloing STK with my rogue and a cleric hireling and I get to part with the undead and the door you shouldn't break if you don't have Cure Blindness pots. Cleric was on defensive, I go in and start attacking. Somehow silly cleric ends up breaking the door (swinging at mob behind it maybe?). I get blinded (yea yea get Cure Blindeness pots) and dead, not sure where cleric was and why no heals for me. >.< Fortunately I was able to put cleric on active and call him to me so he could finish off the mobs. T'was my first experience having my hireling carry my stone back to a rez shrine.

bitkaCK2

MeliCat
03-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Interesting... a bunch of posts are missing from this thread... hmmm... whole accounts nuked?

Anyway... I have a new an appalling in a funny way story to add.

On my first caster. Still kind of learning what is immune and what does well in terms of elemental damage on different monsters. FW staple sorc, you know that sort of thing.

So in Inferno. Party is pretty uninterested in any contribution I have to make except light or extinguish torches and haste. But I decide to "help out" at the last boss. So yeah... like fw does 170 - 600 orange damage and occasionally yellow.

Um... fairly impressed with the 648 heal I managed to give the elemental at the end of Inferno with my firewall.

Er. Party members weren't. Um.

ROFL.

Aurora1979
03-30-2010, 10:35 AM
ive had oodles of dumb moments but one his morning was, i think, a peach.

So I had imparted some advice on the forum to a new player, he said that he was playing on cannith, which is my home server so i thought I'd log in and see how he was getting on. I logged my main, checked the who list, found said newbie and sent a tell saying hello.

I offered to give him a hand/ tour if he wanted and he accepted saying he was on korthos and could do with a hand in sacrifices. Thinking my cap sorc was a bit of an over kill I'd log in my lowbie ranger. It should be noted here that all alts after my sorc were done using the vet status level 4 start.

So, I log my alt, grab some bits to help the new guy out, rush to korthos......... Then realise, unlike most of my other alts, on my ranger i had completely skipped the korthos quests instead of going back after arriving in stormreach.... :(

I then had to ask him to wait for "ten min" tm for me to complete the 4 quests to get me out of the village..... lol. I felt a little bit silly tbh :D

tihocan
03-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Here's one I still do every now and then:

My little map is usually hidden under hotbars so when I need the map I open the bigger version, which fills the middle of the screen. And I keep running while doing this, but I don't really see where I'm going (I just look at my blue dot on the map to figure it out).

=> A good bunch of deaths from laval falls in Chains and DQ1 :rolleyes:

asphodeli
03-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Shroud part 2 - I find a plain +5 repeating crossbow in a chest
Shroud part 3 - I find 20 Gnoll Slaying Bolts in a chest.
Shroud part 4 - using a Divine Power clicky and using the repeater to slay 4 of the Gnolls with no outside intervention - and I had 7 leftover which I still carry because I haven't found any more Gnoll Slaying Bolts to stack it with for sale in the AH.

Eladiun
03-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Last night... I earned myself a forehead slap. I was running Delara's Part 1 on my 7 Wizzy and I'm still working on the whole SP conservation thing and I tend to be stingy. So I was saving the second shrine in the locking gate area... We finish the second horizontal hallway and I turn to run back to the shrine....right into an area we didn't clear. Gates crash down! Thank heavens, I had enough SP to pop one last WoF and then do the scarried cat wizard run and jump around thing. Grabbed a Scorching Ray wand to finish of the stragglers, barely got scratched...I looked 3L31T. Pure luck I didn't end up flat on my face...

Phidius
03-30-2010, 11:05 AM
A friend of mine and I were duoing the Delera's series in House J. We got to the end of the 2nd part, and began fighting Delera. After missing more than usual due to the lack of ghost-touched weapons, my friend commented sarcastically "Boy, I wish I was incorporeal".

1.5 seconds later...

Ding - he died from Con damage, leaving me with a 2nd wraith to fight.

Murderface
03-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I still feel very new at all this although I just pinged 17 on my barb.

Just to make me (and anyone else) feel better about some of the dumb but funny things they've done or seen lately I thought I would list some of mine. Feel free to mention some of your own so that others can either get a laugh or understand that they're not the only ones.

* Attacking a boss fire elemental forgetting that I'd forgotten to buff with fire protection - and getting distracted by guild chat as I died... Hmmm.
* Jumping off something forgetting I had not put on feather fall.
* rolling 1s with a /roll 1d100 - there are 100 numbers to roll - why a 1???
* The run toggle.... OH the run toggle. SO many bad things happen with the run toggle. But I do remember when just starting out learning to play, not fully acquainted with all the mappings, hitting the run toggle accidentally and then spending about 2 minutes running into a wall while I became acquainted with the mapping for the run toggle

So many funny and fun things in this game... I like it lots. :)
have you checked my posts lately god i make myself laugh hehe

Crazyfruit
03-30-2010, 11:13 AM
- Someone summoned a hellhound at the start of the Titan raid, as soon as we got inside. That little thing ended up destroying all the bottom pillars while we were giving out instructions :O

- Doing invis run through Bastion of Power. Got dancing ball'd to death at the end by gnolls and got some help to come. They summon a hezrou at the entrance. 1 second party wipe (around 40 devils hehe)

- I autoran off the side of the restless isles. Oops :D

TasteTester
03-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Wand attacking. Still do it occasionally. I can't seem to remember to re-equip my weapon when I wand-heal after a nasty fight. So in I wade, swinging my... cure moderate wand? :D

LazarusPossum
03-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Delera's seems to have many opportunities to facepalm.

For me, it was late, and I was tired. In part 2 where the narrow alcove with the multiple gates are. Set the hireling to pulling the lever, and without thinking, pulled her to me to help fight...realizing instantly that I'd trapped myself between gates.

Kind of like realizing you locked the keys in the car just as the door slams shut.

systemstate
03-30-2010, 12:27 PM
This was embarrassing, and totally showed my noob colors:

Myself and 4 others were waiting just inside the quest entrance and in pops the 6th person- a cleric. I proceed with the obligatory "Hi- Welcome". No response.

I notice after a few minutes that I'm getting next to no heals from this new person in the group and see that they're out of SP. I offer them a mnemonic pot. No response. I offer again... No response.

Finally someone says, "Dude- You know that's a hireling, right?"

Doh!

TasteTester
03-30-2010, 12:44 PM
This was embarrassing, and totally showed my noob colors:

Myself and 4 others were waiting just inside the quest entrance and in pops the 6th person- a cleric. I proceed with the obligatory "Hi- Welcome". No response.

I notice after a few minutes that I'm getting next to no heals from this new person in the group and see that they're out of SP. I offer them a mnemonic pot. No response. I offer again... No response.

Finally someone says, "Dude- You know that's a hireling, right?"

Doh!

Oh yeah, did this once too. Hirling joins the group right after we enter the dungeon. Said hi and welcome to them, and mention that we are mid-chain to make sure they are aware of the potential for them to loose out on the end reward. Dead silence from my groupmates. Slowly a flickering light comes on in my brain. I typed "LOL" to try and cover my stupidity, but I suspect they were too busy laughing to notice :p

(And a thumbs up for the Carl Sagan reference in your for your user location, Systemstate.)

systemstate
03-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Oh yeah, did this once too. Hirling joins the group right after we enter the dungeon. Said hi and welcome to them, and mention that we are mid-chain to make sure they are aware of the potential for them to loose out on the end reward. Dead silence from my groupmates. Slowly a flickering light comes on in my brain. I typed "LOL" to try and cover my stupidity, but I suspect they were too busy laughing to notice :p

(And a thumbs up for the Carl Sagan reference in your for your user location, Systemstate.)

Haha, you're the first one to mention that they got the Carl Sagan reference. Well played, sir.