PDA

View Full Version : Does Cannith have a low pop?

Zantul
12-30-2009, 03:57 PM
I sometimes find it hard to land a pug. Only one Raid pug which I see from time to time. I wish I knew a good guild to join and raid with =(. PUGS are fun but a organized guild that does raids is even more fun.

Crazyfruit
12-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Yes, it has a lower pop than some of the others. It's one of the newest servers to DDO

twix
12-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Im originally from argo and ive been playing on cannith for a month or two and i noticed that weeknds your way more likely for raid groups then during the week.Where on argo the raid groups are in lfm everyday.

tunabomber
12-30-2009, 07:54 PM
The other reason is there is beginning to be an overpopulation of idiots on this server, I cant even describe the mayhem ive seen going on in places like Tempest spine that used to be fun, im very happy to now be vip so i can go on without the tards.

voidholder
12-31-2009, 02:52 AM
I haven't been in a PUG for months, there seems to be very few options open during European evenings. Good thing half of our guild is from Europe, otherwise it would be a lonely journey indeed.

I think I will start putting up more LFMs when we are doing guild runs with a partial group. That not only helps people who can't find groups or don't want to create their own, but also helps to make new friends and let's us tackle more elite content where smaller teams don't get that scaling benefit.

You others start doing the same, all right? =)

Varr
12-31-2009, 09:44 AM
I make a point of posting lmfs for "zerg, know your way" for quests I'm soloing. They fill up very fast.

I think the lfm issue has more to do with players short manning runs and others that are "intimidated?" to put lfms up than necessarily a direct reflection on the server population.......albeit smaller likely.

Demoyn
12-31-2009, 11:11 AM
I sometimes find it hard to land a pug.

Do you check the box that allows you to see LFMs that aren't accepting your class/level? Most people uncheck the monk box when posting LFMs because they know how useless they are.

Bardicwolf
12-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Do you check the box that allows you to see LFMs that aren't accepting your class/level? Most people uncheck the monk box when posting LFMs because they know how useless they are.

Grr... just grr.....

Zantul
12-31-2009, 02:17 PM

Lol at least I am not a fighter or a pally =). Cuz I always end up tanking and holding on to their soul stones when the heat turns up.

Demoyn
12-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Lol at least I am not a fighter or a pally =). Cuz I always end up tanking and holding on to their soul stones when the heat turns up.

Come to a server with some veteran players and see if that still holds true. There's also still that issue of your warped definition of the word "tanking".

Gum
01-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Honestly, I rarely find any trouble pugging in the lfm on Cannith. Maybe just bad timing?

TreknaQudane
01-01-2010, 01:49 PM
There's also still that issue of your warped definition of the word "tanking".

In most MMO-fare a tank isn't one who deals damage. They either have a high Armor rating or some other way to avoid the damage. The problem with monks being those type of 'tanks' is they have no way to force a creature to attack them,

Demoyn
01-01-2010, 04:33 PM
In most MMO-fare a tank isn't one who deals damage. They either have a high Armor rating or some other way to avoid the damage. The problem with monks being those type of 'tanks' is they have no way to force a creature to attack them,

This is all true, but in his particular case he thinks he's a tank because he's always the last one alive. In reality, that means he never has aggro (otherwise everyone else would still have been alive), and thus can't be a tank.

CaptainPurge
01-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I think it does have a low pop, which, when you're heading into the teens in levels, you'll find the same people over and over again. Make sure you populate your Friends list with the competent mid-high level players because you'll be more often looking to them to form a PUG as the Open Party list will have nothing listed a lot of time..well at least starting around 2 AM eastern time.

Asymetric_War
01-03-2010, 05:21 PM
In my guild we group with each other 90%+ of the time. So if you're looking at the lfm board you'd hardly ever see us but if you're in guild you'll hardly ever need to rely on the lfm board.

and monks can make great tanks. In VoD we usually use a monk to tank the orthons and a wf barb to dr tank sulu. Neither of our raid monks have trouble holding aggro and since they both have ac in the high 70's they take very little damage. That doesn't mean that the random monk you meet in a pug will be any good but it does mean that people who diss an entire class are probably just the kind of idiots we're glad to avoid by not using the lfm board.

Pomdude
01-05-2010, 04:17 AM
I just think it's a case of a server going through growing pains.
Lots of LFM's for the F2P quests as there are lots of new people trying the game out.
I have noticed lots of experts who have been playing for a month or so but do the same quests over and over so are proficient on those. When taken out of their comfort zone it is a different story.

I just think as the game develops for them and they test themselves more and switch to VIP or buy the mods we will get more LFM's across the boards.
How many abbot raid / TOD raid completions have we had compared to other servers ? I count single figures. Other servers have tons of top heavy, experienced players laden with greensteel weaps that can do these daily. When we all have 5 toons + at capped level it will be the same here. Just be patient it will happen.

I like this server for the mix it has. Some good players that have moved across that are happy to help others. Some new people that will be good players that learn fast. Casual players. Strange people, odd role player types (Keeper had a purge obviously !) but it all makes for some good PUGS. It has the feel of a European server which is a good thing IMHO and was what I was looking for.
I popped into Thelanis and could see the elitist approach there that I wanted to avoid in moving servers. I like the all inclusive feel here.

... Pom

der_kluge
01-05-2010, 11:19 AM
I too joined Cannith right after F2P, and since then I've purchased some premium content for myself.

Cannith used to be pretty busy most times - in the Fall I was working remote, so had nothing but time on my hands. I pretty much played every day well into the evenings.

Now, I'm reunited with my family, and my playing time is more limited, but I've noticed it is a lot harder to find PUGs. Especially when the party is looking for a rogue or cleric - both of which seem to be in short supply these days.

Some days I log in, I hit the social panel and literally find nothing at all for my level. It tends to be much more active in the < 10 range, but once you hit 10th level, it slows down considerably.

Cannith could use more people, certainly.

Demoyn
01-05-2010, 11:34 AM
and monks can make great tanks. In VoD we usually use a monk to tank the orthons and a wf barb to dr tank sulu.

Wow. How many hours do you wait for your monks to establish aggro before the rest of the group is allowed to attack?

Zantul
01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
In my guild we group with each other 90%+ of the time. So if you're looking at the lfm board you'd hardly ever see us but if you're in guild you'll hardly ever need to rely on the lfm board.

and monks can make great tanks. In VoD we usually use a monk to tank the orthons and a wf barb to dr tank sulu. Neither of our raid monks have trouble holding aggro and since they both have ac in the high 70's they take very little damage. That doesn't mean that the random monk you meet in a pug will be any good but it does mean that people who diss an entire class are probably just the kind of idiots we're glad to avoid by not using the lfm board.

Thanks I did find a good guild yet they are all higher level than me however they plan to start raids once the leader gets his internet fixed. Anyways if I continue to have problems finding a group I will move to a more populated aged server.

Also for the record I don't hate fighters, I simply have run into some REALLY crappy ones. Anyone can have a gimped toon that makes their class look bad.

Happy new years guys.

markusthelion
01-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Honestly, I rarely find any trouble pugging in the lfm on Cannith. Maybe just bad timing?

/signed

I pug all the time as well. As a matter of fact i think I pug'ed "let sleeping dust lie" with you just last night. btw smooth run gum, very smooth!

Gum
01-06-2010, 05:26 AM
/signed

I pug all the time as well. As a matter of fact i think I pug'ed "let sleeping dust lie" with you just last night. btw smooth run gum, very smooth!

Yo bud :)

Good to see ya here on the forums Grux :p Yappers, was a fun run too. I pugged several spots getting guildies SoS and Shroud ready this evening.....and morning LOL I'm actually impressed with the pug experience on Cannith and the availability of various lfms. Sure, there's always that tough pug experience now and then, but for the most part, Cannith has a pretty darn good pug populatoin. Cya in game bud ;)

chefgroovy
02-13-2010, 12:37 PM

No problem here either. If I start a group, the first 3 spots usually fill up within a few minutes. Rest within 10.
If doesn't can start short man, and last will be there by time get to first boss. OF course I play during prime times, so may have some effect.

Maetrim
02-14-2010, 08:53 PM
How many abbot raid / TOD raid completions have we had compared to other servers ? I count single figures.

We're doing better than that now Pom, at the moment on Ord:

Abbot: 16
ToD: 11

They are getting run regulary but you have to unfortunately be in the know with the right people/guilds.

thewizard3
03-04-2010, 09:36 AM
I’ve had limited success with raid pugs. The most success I have had though is being a guild raid augment. One of the reasons why I started The Sedition Accord was to get some goo groupings together so I wouldn’t have to rely on the off chance that a PUG is actually going to finish the raid… Very frustrating to spend 2 to 4 hours on something that should take an hour max... lots of wasted time

DiAGO77
05-04-2010, 11:45 AM
This is all true, but in his particular case he thinks he's a tank because he's always the last one alive. In reality, that means he never has aggro (otherwise everyone else would still have been alive), and thus can't be a tank.

Thankyou , sooo much , for saying this .
I don't hate monks but even a a newer person like me notcies something monks can do to actually help out instead of brag when they really aren't being attacked (and for some reason ALOT of them randomly brag). Use the stance that heals around you when you hit, it probably would have helped a bit . Sorry I don't know the name of it .

UnderwearModel
05-04-2010, 03:54 PM
According to Cedwin and his POPUlation app,

The greatest population is Khyber

1. Khyber
2. Cannith

last Ghallanda

Daliyn
05-05-2010, 04:51 AM
I like this server for the mix it has. Some good players that have moved across that are happy to help others. Some new people that will be good players that learn fast. Casual players. Strange people, odd role player types (Keeper had a purge obviously !) but it all makes for some good PUGS. It has the feel of a European server which is a good thing IMHO and was what I was looking for.
I popped into Thelanis and could see the elitist approach there that I wanted to avoid in moving servers. I like the all inclusive feel here.

... Pom

This! /signed

Just came over to Cannith from Thelanis for exactly this reason. It seems there's not much "new blood" on Thelanis, which results in mostly empty lfm lists, at least at the low to midlvls. And if there are pugs, there are far too many TRed "I've played since beta you know nothing" wannabe vet-elitists zerging through quests not giving a dime for newbs trying to find their way (and perhaps occasionally sniffing the dead kobolds), whining about their XP loss if someone dies. If they would at least mention their zerging in the lfm...

I'm in european time zone as well, and so far it seems much easier to find nice PUGs than on the established servers. Maybe it's different in endgame content, but a lot of us newbs will grow up :)

Doxmaster
06-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I ran a level 16+ tempist with random people, just looting in between serious questing. People got lost, someone drowned, shard holder went AFK in beholder den and more than half of us were blown off. Finished up, grabbed my friends and we immediately reran it short manned (kinda...we could each solo it, but still...) with no problem.

I think we got most of the noob population here...there are no LFMs up because everyone spams it into chat...while you look for their class/level/quest in LFM.

Funniest thing ever: putting up a simple looking for more, then wandering around and counting how many people are wailing that they want to join a group just like the one you posted 5 minutes ago. Havent been on in a month, but I've had 9 in 4 minutes.

percard
06-14-2010, 07:22 AM
i loved the server when it had just opened. there were lots of people, mostly new. people played for the fun of it and really were not materialistic (not for philosophical reasons probably just a result of circumstances) nor ambitious nor serious. i wish people could stay in that mood forever but temporary feelings like that are usually well... temporary. some things are best when theyre over