PDA

View Full Version : Range and melee?

laughingman12
12-30-2009, 12:52 PM
For ranger how do I quickly switch to dual wield from bow when enemies get close and how do I switch back?

Zlingerdark
12-30-2009, 01:21 PM
For ranger how do I quickly switch to dual wield from bow when enemies get close and how do I switch back?

Open your inventory panel. You will see a series of empty slots just below the packs contents. Drag your weapon into one of those slots. Make one for your bow. Make one for the 2 weapons you want to swap out to. Drag each of these onto a Hotbar slot.

The inventory is where you can control which weapon sets you want to equip. You can make several different sets to easily add to you main Hotbar for quick and easy weapon set swaps. Play around with it and you'll figure the rest out.

Mockduck
12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Open your inventory panel. You will see a series of empty slots just below the packs contents. Drag your weapon into one of those slots. Make one for your bow. Make one for the 2 weapons you want to swap out to. Drag each of these onto a Hotbar slot.

The inventory is where you can control which weapon sets you want to equip. You can make several different sets to easily add to you main Hotbar for quick and easy weapon set swaps. Play around with it and you'll figure the rest out.

Only correction is that you don't need to use a weapon combo slot for your bow, although you can if you want to (makes no difference). You should create your two-weapon combos and put them into a hot bar, and drag your bow into an open hot bar slot as well.

When you want to change weapons, just click on the weapon (or weapon set) you want to equip in your hotbar.

There is a feat called "Quick Draw" that slightly decreases equip time, but it's probably not enough to recommend. The common thought is that it's generally not worth it.