PDA

View Full Version : Regarding bringing players to join you to a quest.

lvphil
12-30-2009, 11:32 AM
I invite people to join me they except but there in a different location or when they join me they don't come in to the quest with me. Why is that?

Fattiest
12-30-2009, 11:35 AM
are you blind inviting people? if so this is considered rude. you might try using the LFM so people interested in doing the quest can find you.

Kiralyn2000
12-30-2009, 12:24 PM
I invite people to join me they except but there in a different location or when they join me they don't come in to the quest with me. Why is that?

Most games don't automatically teleport party members to where your group is. They have to get to the dungeon entrance by some means of their own - typically walking.

Dainen
12-30-2009, 12:54 PM
How do you invite other people to join you?

Ybbald
12-30-2009, 08:09 PM
How do you invite other people to join you?

If you're talking with them, right click where it shows their name in the text box and choose "invite"

Or: Hit O and go to the last tab at the top on the right. I forget what's called. Most likely "search" or something. Just do a search on their name or part of their name. Click on them in the result and click the invite button at the bottom.

Or: If they're standing in front of you, you can right-click their toon to select it and then at the bottom right you're see a circle with their buff in the middle of it. There's a button to invite them to your part around the outside of it

Also, to the OP: There are two items in the DDO store that will teleport party members to you. One does only one person, one will do your whole party.

hydra_ex
12-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Also, if there are 2 people running the same area, although independently, and then they join group, their instances will not merge; one person has to go out, and return.

If you're inviting people in a public area, make sure you are both in the same instance. Click above your minimap to check/change instances (from harbor-1 to harbor-2, for instance*)

*I wish I could neg rep myself for that crappy pun.

Durion
12-30-2009, 08:39 PM
If you're talking with them, right click where it shows their name in the text box and choose "invite"

Or: Hit O and go to the last tab at the top on the right. I forget what's called. Most likely "search" or something. Just do a search on their name or part of their name. Click on them in the result and click the invite button at the bottom.

Or: If they're standing in front of you, you can right-click their toon to select it and then at the bottom right you're see a circle with their buff in the middle of it. There's a button to invite them to your part around the outside of it

Also, to the OP: There are two items in the DDO store that will teleport party members to you. One does only one person, one will do your whole party.

LMAO!!! Did anyone else hear the "WHOOSH" as that one went right over his head??

Ybbald
12-30-2009, 08:48 PM
LMAO!!! Did anyone else hear the "WHOOSH" as that one went right over his head??

What? I was answering Dainen's question.

PurdueDave
12-30-2009, 08:55 PM
i didn't get it either.

DireWolverine
12-30-2009, 09:00 PM
What? I was answering Dainen's question.

i didn't get it either.

Um. I think Dainen was asking the OP "How (by what method) do you invite other people to join you?" rather than "(Someone tell me) How do you invite other people to join you?"

Of course, it's hard to tell for sure, lacking further verbiage, but that's the sense I got from it.

EDIT: Of course, judging by the join date on his account, I'd say the former interpretation is most likely to be correct. ;)

PurdueDave
12-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Um. I think Dainen was asking the OP "How (by what method) do you invite other people to join you?" rather than "(Someone tell me) How do you invite other people to join you?"

Of course, it's hard to tell for sure, lacking further verbiage, but that's the sense I got from it.

EDIT: Of course, judging by the join date on his account, I'd say the former interpretation is most likely to be correct. ;)

lol

too much time on the forums makes you see smartasses everywhere.

Durion
01-01-2010, 05:17 AM
lol

too much time on the forums makes you see smartasses everywhere.

LOL, nobody else heard it because the *whoosh* was going over my head. Yes, I see smartasses everywhere, and when he asked "How do you invite people" with at 2006 join date, I thought he was being smart and not asking him an honest question. ;)