PDA

View Full Version : paladin charisma

kartos
12-30-2009, 10:12 AM
for a long time i wanted to make a paladin a TWF paladin actually but tha fact that divine might IV requires 20 base charisma is just insane and requires too much sacrifice to reach a paladin who wants the 4th rank of it is required to have 20 base charisma which in most cases means 16 starting charisma and relying on getting a +4 charisma tome

lets calculate it:
16 starting charisma means putting 10 build points into it leaving 28 pt build with 18 points 14 con leaves us with 12 points 10 points into strength and another 2 to wis and you still need that rare +4 tome to get the 4th rank of divine might or +2 tome to get to the 3rd level and u can't get TWF

for a 32 point build he can just dump wis which will gimp his spell casting ability at the first levels and invest those points into dex which brings him to 14 still not enough to qualify for TWF not mentioning ITWF or GTWF which will require a +3 tome so again he sacrifices a lot for divine might 4 for those +8 damage he pays a lot! which makes it look like not worth it so i thought why not make paladin charisma qualify him for it they are both enchantments thus if u reset the charisma enchantment u reset all other enchantments with it then there's no problem with it and paladin builds may be more easy to build especially for starting players(like me) and not requiring them to achieve almost unachievable things to be able to build a toon they like

so all in all i just want the developers to consider my suggestion and make an easier life for all the paladins out there

hydra_ex
12-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Solution: Drow 28-pt

15 STR (8 pts)
16 DEX (6 pts)
12 CON (6 pts)
10 INT
8 WIS
17 CHA (8 pts)

For more information, see Junt's excellent guide (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=218542)

Letrii
12-30-2009, 02:00 PM
One way to solve this issue is to handle requirements like they are handled in D&D. Items can be used to fulfill requirements for feats and such, but you lose access to them if you lose the bonus, such as removing Belt of Ogre Strength and no longer qualifying for Power Attack.

Demoyn
12-30-2009, 02:07 PM

Drow is never a solution, just one more problem to work out. :(

There's actually a real simple way to handle this: just don't bother with divine might IV. It's really not worth it.

kartos
12-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Drow is never a solution, just one more problem to work out. :(

There's actually a real simple way to handle this: just don't bother with divine might IV. It's really not worth it.

the thing is i really like it but in the current situation it's not worth it thus it needs a change

15 STR (8 pts)
16 DEX (6 pts)
12 CON (6 pts)
10 INT
8 WIS
17 CHA (8 pts)

For more information, see Junt's excellent guide (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=218542)

it's not a solution by this post you till every 28 pt player to go drow or to not make a pali but i want to be an elf (I'm a heavy believer of the undying court)

One way to solve this issue is to handle requirements like they are handled in D&D. Items can be used to fulfill requirements for feats and such, but you lose access to them if you lose the bonus, such as removing Belt of Ogre Strength and no longer qualifying for Power Attack.

seams nice but in ddo there are a lot of equipment swaps(more than P&P) thus it may cause a problem maybe bugs or so for a man who swaps his equipment too much so it would be great on the long run but till it's available they can use my idea until they program such feature

happy new year for you all out there :)

hydra_ex
12-31-2009, 07:28 PM
THe problem is that Paladins are one of the few classes that race does matter. Elven Paladins are almost entirely unworkable, unless you have 34-pt build and an abundance of tomes.

Demoyn
12-31-2009, 10:23 PM
THe problem is that Paladins are one of the few classes that race does matter. Elven Paladins are almost entirely unworkable, unless you have 34-pt build and an abundance of tomes.

Some of the best characters I've ever seen in DDO are 32 point elven paladins. You really need to get off Thelanis. :(

ahpook
01-01-2010, 10:04 AM

In this monty haul game that would be a bad thing. One of the few constraints we have left is that you have to get your base stats right to qualify for feats and enhancements. If we open it up to allow enhancement and equipment bonuses it would be a complete joke.

The problem is not that the divine might line is too expensive. It is that it is too effective with TWF. People will hate me for this but the problem is really that TWF is too damn attractive and needs adjusting. Not taking it is almost always a mistake. When Greater Reincarnation comes out I will likely be reworking my pally to be TWF because anything else is inferior.