PDA

View Full Version : first time run of tangle root

jimkmason
12-30-2009, 09:43 AM
i am presently running tangleroot with my first toon level 5 almost 6 tempest ranger. my question is what is the best reward for my toon? and why? thanks in advance for your answers

Thailand_Dan
12-30-2009, 09:49 AM
I think it depends on what you already have outfitted on your toon, but some things to look for:

- +3 STR item (they come on gloves, and I've seen them on a wrist item as well)
- +3 CON belt
- +3 DEX (wrist)
- Visor of the Flesh Render (Death Ward clickie), useful all the way to end game.

Some secondary things:

- Gemstone - Wiz 2 (+50 SP) on trinket
- Staff of Splinterskull - if nothing else interests you, 3 clicks of summoning a Hell Hound

EDIT: Also note, items are bound to ACCOUNT, so if you have the shared bank, and you have other toons that might want some goodies, you can load them up if you don't pull anything useful for your ranger.

Caine52184
12-30-2009, 09:49 AM
i am presently running tangleroot with my first toon level 5 almost 6 tempest ranger. my question is what is the best reward for my toon? and why? thanks in advance for your answers

Too many to decide lol...there are flesh render goggles that allow you to cast death ward on yourself..but there are also a few +3 stat items that you may want to look at.

Louiey
12-30-2009, 09:58 AM
I finished it for the 1st time last night. I grabbed the +3 str bracers. And i'm going to run it again too, some nice stuff for low/ mid level toons for the end reward.

Varr
12-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Take the goggs every chance you have until you have three per toon IMO. Second item is gemstone as a very nice mana trinket. Past that +3 stat of choice....

The goggs for multiple casts though....the very rare low level item that never losses it's value to you. I really target three per toon, they are worth the inventory slots.

sephiroth1084
12-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Take the Visor of Fleshrender Guard. Everything else becomes commonplace or moot in a level or two (+3 stat items are available at level 7), whereas the Deathward clicky is almost totally unique, and is an applicable (and sometimes necessary) buff for the entire game. Also, it's terrific for soloing!

If you have UMD, then the clicky is worth slightly less, but not much.Then it is something that you use for the rest of the game to save you the cost of a D-Ward scroll.

Kriogen
12-30-2009, 10:08 AM
...If you have UMD, then the clicky is worth slightly less, but not much.Then it is something that you use for the rest of the game to save you the cost of a D-Ward scroll.
Where can you buy DW scrolls?

ArkoHighStar
Now that these items bind to account, they can be passed down to other toons as many have said, the ones with the most long term value are the +3 stat items, the goggles and the gemstome trinket for casters of any type.

In fact with any of these static lists look for any stat items that beat the standard level requirement and grab them, as most of the lists have been converted to bind to account, it is well worth it if you plan on levelling multiple characters.

ArkoHighStar
Where can you buy DW scrolls?

you can't

rpasell
12-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Flesh Render Goggles first, everything else after that.

JOTMON
12-30-2009, 10:31 AM
It's all good stuff run it several times and get geared up.

sephiroth1084
12-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Where can you buy DW scrolls? The AH if people feel bothered to post them.

Flesh Render Goggles first, everything else after that.
Uh...I would have suggested:

Take Flesh Render Goggles first, then take them again. And again. And if you feel like running TR some more, take them some more. :D

sirgog
12-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Eventually I'd recommend having two or three Flesh Render Guard goggles on you , they are useful until level 15 (when Clerics get Mass Deathward, making it likely that you'll have DW all the time), and even then they are situationally useful (to rebuff yourself after dying, or when soloing).