PDA

View Full Version : How do you get uncursed?

brian14
12-30-2009, 07:01 AM
I read in several different websites how enough favors with Silver Flame gets you cheaper heals and curse removals. What I still do not know is how you get these heals and curse removals in the first place! AFAIK, I had not been cursed yet, but when it happens, where do I go to get it removed -- with or without 75 favors to Silver Flame?

Speaking of Silver Flame, I completed the Catacombs quest chain. If I want to repeat it, or some other quest chain (e.g. Waterworks), do I have to do the entire thing? I cannot do just Patriarchs Tomb (for example) or just Venn's Trail, skipping all previous steps?

Lithic
12-30-2009, 07:05 AM
To get uncursed you have 5 options:

1) Die. Death and ressurection wipe out all positive and negative effects.
2) Use a rest shrine.
3) Have a cleric/paladin/favored soul cast remove curse on your
4) Drink a remove curse potion
5) Go to a tavern, talk to the priest, and ask for a remove curse (costs 400gp, or 200gp if you have over 75 silver flame favor and have talked to the silver flame favor guy to "turn in" your favor reward).

As for quest chains, you must complete them in order to get the end reward, though if someone else is on say pt 3 of water works and you are on pt 1, you can do pt 3 right away, but you will not advance towards an end reward.

brian14
12-30-2009, 09:46 AM
As for quest chains, you must complete them in order to get the end reward, though if someone else is on say pt 3 of water works and you are on pt 1, you can do pt 3 right away, but you will not advance towards an end reward.
I see. So the only way to run an out-of-sequence quest (if for some reason I want to) is to hook up with a group which is about to do it? No way to do it solo?

Although Catacombs does not look like an attractive place for that anyway. I ran the entire chain on Normal (alone) and do not recall getting a single chest! Lots and lots of collectables, but no chests.

Lithic
12-30-2009, 09:55 AM
I see. So the only way to run an out-of-sequence quest (if for some reason I want to) is to hook up with a group which is about to do it? No way to do it solo?

Although Catacombs does not look like an attractive place for that anyway. I ran the entire chain on Normal (alone) and do not recall getting a single chest! Lots and lots of collectables, but no chests.

Correct there is no way to skip to a specific part of a chain solo without doing the earlier parts.

As for catacombs, there are lots of chests in there. IIRC, pt 1 has at least 3, pt 2 has more like 5, pt 3 has 1, pt 4 has 2, pt 5-8 have 1.

brian14
12-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Are they all behind secret doors?

[Edited] Now I remember getting some chests in early parts of catacombs -- definitely in 1 and possibly in 2. But not in later ones.

Lithic
12-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Are they all behind secret doors?

[Edited] Now I remember getting some chests in early parts of catacombs -- definitely in 1 and possibly in 2. But not in later ones.

None of the ones in pt 1 and 2 are in secret doors. They are all obvious doors. The one in pt 3 is behind a secret door, but no others are hidden IIRC. Most of the later parts have a chest at the end boss.

voidholder
12-31-2009, 03:00 AM
To get uncursed you have 5 options:

1) Die. Death and ressurection wipe out all positive and negative effects.
2) Use a rest shrine.
3) Have a cleric/paladin/favored soul cast remove curse on your
4) Drink a remove curse potion
5) Go to a tavern, talk to the priest, and ask for a remove curse (costs 400gp, or 200gp if you have over 75 silver flame favor and have talked to the silver flame favor guy to "turn in" your favor reward).

Hey, what's wrong with bard's remove curse? :(

Also there is the UMD possibility with scrolls or wands. I heard that remove curse wands can be bought someplace but now not sure if that requires 75 of some favor or not. Anyone have advice on that?

Sabek
01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
You can also get a clicky item with remove curse on it.
My rogue carries around a ring with three charges of remove curse per rest.

Kalari
01-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Also if you run around tangle root and click on the flower collectibles you may get yourself petals you can turn these "petals" in for remove curse and remove blindness potions. All free save having to run around and collecting the petals. Its in the one eyed bugbear inn that you turn these in.

Sideways
01-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Break enchantment and dispel magic also remove curses, as does leaving the dungeon after completion. You can buy the wands from house J iirc.

Side

Kalari
01-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Break enchantment and dispel magic also remove curses, as does leaving the dungeon after completion.

Side

The leave dungeon is new though and many of us who have been around awhile are getting used to that. Used to be if you couldnt afford or didnt have pots on you you ran around cursed till someone helped you out. I dont know how many times my caster or clerics casted remove curse on random people running around the harbor or market with that over their heads :) thats another option to.

Sideways
01-06-2010, 04:14 PM
The leave dungeon is new though and many of us who have been around awhile are getting used to that. Used to be if you couldnt afford or didnt have pots on you you ran around cursed till someone helped you out. I dont know how many times my caster or clerics casted remove curse on random people running around the harbor or market with that over their heads :) thats another option to.

Yep - in those days I used to run into the PvP pit and wait to get killed :)

Side

Autolycus
01-06-2010, 04:14 PM
It's always good to be self sufficient, but if you're not in a quest, just ask for help. I haven't played much on Cannith yet, but I think this applies to all servers. When I'm not running a quest on my cleric, I'll heal anyone of anything I can. Sometimes I'll hang out in a tavern and cure while waiting for friends. And it's not just me. Lots of others do as well. The other day someone asked in general chat about how to get a curse removed and had several "healer types" offer help.

Autolycus
01-06-2010, 04:20 PM

I didn't realize that leaving the dungeon would clear curses now. But I'm usually on my cleric so I fix it while in quest.

Kalari
01-06-2010, 06:42 PM

Also there is the UMD possibility with scrolls or wands. I heard that remove curse wands can be bought someplace but now not sure if that requires 75 of some favor or not. Anyone have advice on that?

You can buy remove curse wands in House J at the arcane shop the wand vendor sells them all you have to do is scroll down and buy a 50 charge remove curse wand :) no favor required.

Ponza69
01-15-2010, 01:14 PM
somewhat of a tangent question but the title seems right on this thread -
Recently did Chains of Flame and Erath's blindness did not get cured with potion/tavern/shrine/break enchantment etc.

Before I "/death" myself has anyone else had this issue and is there antoher fix for curing it before I go harikari

Missing_Minds
01-15-2010, 01:27 PM
somewhat of a tangent question but the title seems right on this thread -
Recently did Chains of Flame and Erath's blindness did not get cured with potion/tavern/shrine/break enchantment etc.

Before I "/death" myself has anyone else had this issue and is there antoher fix for curing it before I go harikari

remove blindness followed by a remove curse.

Could be opposite, I forget.

He has a curse that causes blindness. Sort of like how Mummy Rot is a two stepper fix.

Arlith
01-15-2010, 01:33 PM

Remove curse is also a sorc/wizzy spell. If you can cast, you can have it. Which means any type of caster can use the scrolls/wands.

Ponza69
01-15-2010, 01:38 PM
thank you Missing minds

UnderwearModel
01-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Yep - in those days I used to run into the PvP pit and wait to get killed :)

Side

I never thought of that.

Couldn't you just go to a tavern and do /death?

Yes, on my cleric I chased people around to remove the curses. It took Turbine forever to change that.

unionyes
01-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Curse used to be a lot more potent before it was nerfed. It used to follow you everywhere. Now you can shrine, die, remove it, or just recall out of a quest and it will be gone.

Curse isn't so bad if you are a caster. I used to just leave the Curse on when I was playing my Sorc, since it didn't mean much. On my Rogue, however, Curse was pretty rough.