PDA

View Full Version : Code of Conduct ambiguities

Corebreach
12-29-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm not exactly sure where to send this for an official response. My best guess is ddoforumsupport@turbine.com, but my problems are not entirely confined to the forum COC. I appreciate any direction.

1. Rule #1 of the Forum Code of Conduct forbids causing unwanted attention to other forum members, including by "creating a thread or post that calls out another player(s) for their actions in the game". The phrase "call out" is ambiguous. Does it mean "bring attention to" or "confront"? I ask because the first meaning forbids praising specific characters and guilds as well as complaining about them.

2. Rule #10 of the Forum COC forbids revealing other users' personal info. In contrast, rule #1 of the Game and Website COC forbids revealing any user's personal info. Technically, this restriction covers revealing your own. I believe this is unintended and that the Game and Website COC is supposed to match the Forum COC. Am I correct?

MsEricka
12-30-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm not 100% sure what you're getting at, but if you want to report a post on the forum, click on the exclamation mark under a username. You can make your report and the offender(s) will be dealt with by the forum god(s).

You are correct that users are not supposed to point out others on the forum either by character name or guild name. However it's happened before and it's not the end of the world and does get dealt with.

Users have been known to share player names in the game via private message on the forum. This is akin to spreading your name in the game via voice chat. This is typically done only for scammers or people whose playstyles constantly disrupt groups/gameplay. You'll never stop this, no matter how hard you try.

I don't think the forum gods would care if you revealed some of you own personal info such as your first name, location and things like that. However if your physical address was posted then that would be a bad thing, if it was you or someone else posting it.

There has never been an issue with praising other characters or guilds, it happens quite often. The rule you're referring to was meant to stop "forum drama" by people calling out others who did something to aggrivate them. I've seen many posts where other players and guilds have been thanked publicly for helping others out in quests and by offering advice to new players.

I hope that answers your question and any possible question you might have had.