PDA

View Full Version : random questions

Kaldahr
12-29-2009, 10:11 AM
List of questions that I'm tossing out there. Some of these you'd think I'd know by now, but don't. Some of these I'm just encountering.

I know you can see how many times you've entered a quest after you've started it (through XP screen). How about before entering? In the interest of following the NNNHE path, I've found that I no longer remember how many times I've run a particular quest. You'd think I'd use this magical thing called a computer or, perhaps, a pencil and paper, but no.

With regard to blade barriers, are they jumpable? I've run across a few and, despite looking like I clear the blades, I get hit every time (even with improved evasion, good saves, etc). It almost seems like the barrier extends upwards past what the graphic looks like. Also, do you take damage while in the BB? According to text from PnP you seem to, but the DDO text doesn't say.

Speaking of improved evasion, is that just an "automatic" mechanic? I keep expecting it to show up in the combat logs but it doesn't. I'm guessing that the effect is just applied every time a reflex save is called for. If improved evasion is an automatic mechanic, I just don't want to see the real BB damage.

I could have sworn there was more. But I can't recall ATM.

hydra_ex
12-29-2009, 10:30 AM
List of questions that I'm tossing out there. Some of these you'd think I'd know by now, but don't. Some of these I'm just encountering.

I know you can see how many times you've entered a quest after you've started it (through XP screen). How about before entering? In the interest of following the NNNHE path, I've found that I no longer remember how many times I've run a particular quest. You'd think I'd use this magical thing called a computer or, perhaps, a pencil and paper, but no.

With regard to blade barriers, are they jumpable? I've run across a few and, despite looking like I clear the blades, I get hit every time (even with improved evasion, good saves, etc). It almost seems like the barrier extends upwards past what the graphic looks like. Also, do you take damage while in the BB? According to text from PnP you seem to, but the DDO text doesn't say.

Speaking of improved evasion, is that just an "automatic" mechanic? I keep expecting it to show up in the combat logs but it doesn't. I'm guessing that the effect is just applied every time a reflex save is called for. If improved evasion is an automatic mechanic, I just don't want to see the real BB damage.

I could have sworn there was more. But I can't recall ATM.

1. Have to do it manually. You can check they hardest difficulty which you've completed in your adventure compendium, however (Press 'P')

2. Blade barriers, despite their circular appearance, are actually cylinders which extend both up and down. Therefore, it is impossible to jump, fly, etc. over them.

3. If you have improved evasion (by either being a rogue or monk), then it will just say Reflex Save: Success, followed by no damage appearing, or failure resulting in a damage number showing up. There is an option to turn on evasion feedback in the UI settings, I think.