PDA

View Full Version : weapons...

taquitotadito
12-28-2009, 07:24 PM
ok so iv been playing for a couple days now ima rogue and im just confused on how the weapon stats work cuz i wanna use daggers but they suck compared to all other weapons meaning the base damage is like 3.98 or something and swords r 4.78 or something but r daggers quicker ? or r daggers just useless?

captain1z
12-28-2009, 07:33 PM
ok so iv been playing for a couple days now ima rogue and im just confused on how the weapon stats work cuz i wanna use daggers but they suck compared to all other weapons meaning the base damage is like 3.98 or something and swords r 4.78 or something but r daggers quicker ? or r daggers just useless?

There are many weapons better than a dagger but the dagger with improved critical: piercing has a crit range of 17-19. That crit range works well with many weapon abilities like puncturing or burst or enfeebling. Its also a light weapon which is great for the off hand. The damage is low but in the hands of a rogue that wont matter in most cases as you will get sneak attack bonus damage more often than not.

taquitotadito
12-28-2009, 07:44 PM
sweet yea thats what i was thinking since daggers r more backstabbin type weps, thanks :]

captain1z
12-28-2009, 08:04 PM
sweet yea thats what i was thinking since daggers r more backstabbin type weps, thanks :]

In truth you could backstab with a 2handed sword.

If you plan on going sword and shield the dagger makes a poor choice of a primary melee weapon.......... you would be better of with a rapier or short sword.

If you plan on fighting with 2 weapons (one in each hand) but dont have enough feats to add "oversized two-weapon fighting" then the short sword and dagger or rapier and dagger make good combos.

You could also go with:

- hand axe - but crit is 20 and its slashing (good for a slasher but depends on which improved crit feat you took)
- kukri - 18-20 crit range (very nice) and again a slasher

Its just that piercing weapons get puncturing and the dagger is the only small/light off hand weapon that fits the bill besides a light pick but light picks crit on a 20.
Dagger is the happy medium