PDA

View Full Version : Can I get to lvl 20 F2P?

Snow123
12-28-2009, 03:18 PM
You may not remember me, I tried DDO long time ago and it was running really bad so I left it. Now I'm back and I play on brother's PC where it runs nice.

Question is simple. Is there enough free content to take me from lvl 1 to lvl 20. I mean, even if it is few content, is there?
Also I saw those items that "unlock" leveling. What is that?

Currently I can't spend money on the game. I'm saving for my own new UBAH PC, then I'll be saving to move out of my parents' home. I know it isn't much to spend a few bucks every now and then on a game, but I can't. Now. Maybe later. And I really enjoy DDO, but can I play it to the last level, without paying? I will grind my TP and spend them on adventure packs most likely, but I can't spend money. Also, what exactly am I missing by not peing VIP?

WeaselKing
12-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Yes, but it is not easy and would likely require you to spend TP carefully on adventure packs, perhaps even rolling and deleting low level characters repeatedly in order to ear TP for the character you are trying to cap.

That doesn't mean you need to buy a sub to do it though. It may be most efficient to spend a few strategic dollars on adventure packs (Tangleroot, Cult of the Six, Gianthold and the Vale spring to mind as important).

SoulDecay
12-28-2009, 03:24 PM
There is only content to level 12 (14 on elite) as F2P, however, you can earn Turbine Points by doing quests to gain favor, every 100 favor is 25 turbine points. There's also a bonus at 50, 500, and I think 1000, the first time you get it on a server.

Can you level 1 character from 1-20 without anything else? probably not. Can you get from 1-20 without spending money? Sure, if you have the time to grind out favor by starting alts, getting them to 100 favor, deleting them, and starting over.

Check out the guide in Robi3.0's signature for more details. She has it all laid out.

Robi3.0
12-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Yup check my sig. :)

Edit: I think I should probably nip this one is the bud before it gets out of control.

She has it all laid out.

HE has it all laid out. I have man junk.:D

SoulDecay
12-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Darn it. Could have sworn you were a female.

My apologies for the mistatement.

(I wonder who I was thinking of...)

Robi3.0
12-28-2009, 03:36 PM

Not a problem.

Caine52184
12-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Yup check my sig. :)

Edit: I think I should probably nip this one is the bud before it gets out of control.

HE has it all laid out. I have man junk.:D
Oh my the possibilities :rolleyes:

No..you were right...he's a chic that sounds like a guy..sometimes :o. BUT..he does have a really nice F2P guide in his sig

Robi3.0
12-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh my the possibilities :rolleyes:

No..you were right...he's a chic that sounds like a guy..sometimes :o. BUT..he does have a really nice F2P guide in his sig
shut up:mad:

Vanshilar
12-28-2009, 04:54 PM
You can get to level 14-16 on F2P alone, if you manage your higher-level (i.e. level 8-12) quest exp carefully. From there on out, Vale is the only pack you *need* to get to 20.

For an easier time of it, you can also get Gianthold, which has quests in the 13-14 range, to make the transition from F2P 10-12ish to Vale 16ish easier. However, make sure you'll have enough TP to buy Vale before buying Gianthold; it's not *necessary*, just nice to have to get over the level 13-16 experience hump.

I would recommend against getting lower-level packs if you want to get to 20 as F2P, since the XP from free quests is so readily available at the lower levels and the packs don't necessarily contribute much for your higher levels (i.e. you'll outgrow the equipment by the time you get up there). They're basically a luxury not a necessity. Keep in mind that any TP you spend on lower-level packs is TP you'll regret spending when trying to get enough TP for the higher-level packs, as the easy TP (i.e. first time per server TP) runs dry.

If you're committed to going to level 20 as F2P, I would advise you to carefully map out how you're going to do it in terms of the TP required, before spending any TP. If you're the type that likes to have lots of lowbie characters, or if you don't mind grinding, perhaps you'll have enough TP to pick up Vale, Gianthold, and an additional (luxury) pack from the favor you'll gain from those alts. If you tend to play few characters and don't like to grind much, though, you would be getting fewer packs; possibly just Vale, or possibly along with Gianthold if you'll muster up enough TP.

Yes, it's entirely possible to get to level 20 as F2P, and from what I know, it's already been done.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-28-2009, 05:19 PM
The most important thing in this thread to remember and spread is tht Robi is a girl but that she likes playing with manjunk.

Yup, that's what I got from this thread...spread it around :D

Snow123
12-29-2009, 06:38 AM
Thanks, guys! I'm still really new and so far I enjoy DDO as much as I enjoyed Dungeon Runners (RIP :( ), so when I can I will become a VIP. But for now I can't. It's not that I'm determined to get to lvl 20 without spending some cash, it is that money is quite an issue now. :(

But I like the community here. It is really much like DR's - nice, helpful, fun. From my stalking around here it seems to be one of the better MMO communities.