PDA

View Full Version : Extra Sorceror spells

Ybbald
12-28-2009, 02:21 PM
In the compendium, for the sorceror spells per day. It shows one number a / and then a bigger number. MY sorc only has the smaller number. How do I get the extra spells?

WeaselKing
12-28-2009, 02:23 PM
As I recall, (and someone WILL correct me if I am wrong) the data used for spells memmed on sorcs and wizards in the compendium is the data from PnP. Thus the two numbers you see are the number of spells memorized followed by the number of times that the caster can cast those spells per day. However, DDO uses sp instead of spells per day (thank god) thus the second number is irrelevant in DDO.

Ybbald
12-28-2009, 02:28 PM
The bards have the same thing and there was also something about an enhancements giving them extra songs

WeaselKing
12-28-2009, 02:33 PM
The bards have the same thing and there was also something about an enhancements giving them extra songs

All caster's probably have it since all casters in PnP are treated on a spells cast per day basis and all casters in DDO have sp.

And yes, there is an enhancement for bards that will increase the number of songs per day (although I am confused why you bring it up here as it seems off topic).

Caine52184
12-28-2009, 02:35 PM
And yes, there is an enhancement for bards that will increase the number of songs per day (although I am confused why you bring it up here as it seems off topic).

I was also wondering why the jump to bard spells/songs suddenly. Maybe he was thinking that spells could be gained through enhancements like bard songs..and that would give him the "extra spells".

Thriand
12-28-2009, 02:36 PM
There are no extra spells on the "spells known" chart. The extra spells you are seeing are from the pool that the sorcerer can cast from in DDO this translates to more SP. The only difference between PnP and DDO as far as "spells known" is that in PnP sorcs get 5 1st and 2nd level spells where in DDO we only get 4.

WeaselKing
12-28-2009, 02:40 PM
I was also wondering why the jump to bard spells/songs suddenly. Maybe he was thinking that spells could be gained through enhancements like bard songs..and that would give him the "extra spells".

Ah, perhaps he doesn't realize that spells and songs are separate things for bards.

Caine52184
12-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Ah, perhaps he doesn't realize that spells and songs are separate things for bards.

Yup..thats what I was thinking

Ybbald
12-28-2009, 02:54 PM
How are songs different for bards? Do they use SP or have limited uses per rest?

Impaqt
12-28-2009, 02:58 PM
How are songs different for bards? Do they use SP or have limited uses per rest?

They are COmpletely Separate.

No, SOngs do not use Spell Points. You get Spells per day Equal To your Level Plus Enhancments can increase that further.

Ybbald
12-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Is the spells per day how many spells you know or how many time you can play a song?

WeaselKing
12-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Is the spells per day how many spells you know or how many time you can play a song?

He meant to say songs per day (per rest).

Spells are cast out of your spell point (sp) pool.