PDA

View Full Version : beginner crafting question

PopeJual
12-28-2009, 12:40 AM
I have a level 10 Paladin with a splash of Rogue. I just ran through my first Raid (and I appreciate all the help that I got when I accidentaly went through a portal that I didn't see and got lost...). I know that Greensteel weapons are vastly better than the weapon I'm holding now.

I read the beginners guides and the more advanced guides to crafting.

My question is: where do I start to actually look for those basic ingredients for that initial crafting? What areas/quests/raids do I look in to get the ingredients that I need to craft that shiny Greensteel Khopesh that I'm looking forward to?

Also, what should I look for? Something like the dead monster drop treasure bags? Am I breaking barrels, etc? Do they show up in chests like Festivult coins do?

BoBoDaClown
12-28-2009, 12:43 AM
I have a level 10 Paladin with a splash of Rogue. I just ran through my first Raid (and I appreciate all the help that I got when I accidentaly went through a portal that I didn't see and got lost...). I know that Greensteel weapons are vastly better than the weapon I'm holding now.

My question is: where do I start to actually look for those basic ingredients for that initial crafting? What areas/quests/raids do I look in to get the ingredients that I need to craft that shiny Greensteel Khopesh that I'm looking forward to?

Also, what should I look for? Something like the dead monster drop treasure bags? Am I breaking barrels, etc? Do they show up in chests like Festivult coins do?

You will begin to pick up the basic ingredients in the vale (and its quests) and you will pick up most of your ingredients in the Shroud (a raid in the vale). You can also get ingredients in Amrath.

They appear in the chests.

shinmade
12-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Crafting can seem a daunting task to a new player. Trust me, its not complicated. Check the following post by Cambo for all details.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=132855

Best of luck.

DasLurch
12-28-2009, 01:43 AM

When you start running the quests for the Vale of Twilight" area that lead to the Shroud raid, you come into your 1st crafting ingriedients. There are several parts to this process, and it can be very confusing. Essentially, each one of the "pre-req" quests (there are 5) will give you a part for your access to the shroud (think of this like the flagging part.). They will each also drop in the end chest 1 of 2 different types of crafting ingriedients for amking your weapon/item. There are 6 different ingriedients. After that you get the fun of the Shroud raid that has 18 different ingriedients with which you can use to customize your new shiny toy.

They drop in the end chests for the 5 vale quests, in every other shroud chest, and randomly in the Amrath/Devil Battlefield quests. So yes, just like the coins.

Answers in Bold.