PDA

View Full Version : Silver Flame 400 Favor Potions

sirdanile
12-27-2009, 12:43 PM
After slogging through nearly all of the silver flame quests, everything but the abbot on elite and the new silver flame quests on shavarath, You get the ability to purchase Heal potions which heal you for 250 hp and debuff all stats by 10 and movement speed by 50%, great for an out of battle heal, or if all your stats are over 10 an in battle last resort heal.

The problem is that warforged only receive half the benefit from these potions while applying the full debuff, this can cause warforged characters to incapacitate or kill themselves in combat, at level 20 the lower costing potion which heals you for 100 only heals a warforged for 50 and then applies 10 constitution damage causing a net loss of 50 hp, this translates to a net gain of 25 hp from the higher costing potion. Heal debuffs also affect these potions, such as from clay golems, mummies, living nightmares, dream reavers, and certain devils stop the heal completely while allowing the debuff to be applied resulting in a net loss of 100 hp, quite the opposite of the intended potions affect. This problem is amplified by the fact that methods to remove curses yourself do not work while raged or mad stoned despite being "supposedly" drinkable, but thats a topic for another thread.

My suggestion is to make the heal potions like the paladin's lay on hands ability, it changes heal type (arcane or divine) according to who is receiving the heal, or to sell warforged only "reconstruct" potions to allow warforged the full benefit from a hard to acquire favor reward. To combat the heal debuff problem I suggest adding a check to see if the heal actually goes off upon drinking the potion, if it doesn't due to a curse or healing debuff of some sort then have the potion not apply the stat debuff.

Znaik
03-12-2012, 02:06 AM
not really sure why you'd think that a house of divine casters would want to heal robots

decease
03-12-2012, 02:18 AM
hmm might be a good think, but might require some deeper thinking..

licho
03-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Are Lays works on PM still? (it worked some times ago)
I see here a sweet spot when PM can have a emergency stack of pots to heal itself. (for this 5% quest when SP managment is the issue).

IMHO the problem is that Turbine needs 1st figure out how "rare" and "valuable" good is selfhealing.
Like WF arcanes have some good selfhealing, and do not lack much in other fields. So its gives the impression that selfhealing is just a small perk.

If so, maybe the much more should be done. Like removing the stat penalty all together or drop it to -4. Or giving cure criticals to vendors (we have wands, we need pots). Maybe introducing some other healing pot for Jorasco Favor. (more like healing 100hp but over 10sec - dont stuck) And some House C vendor with rapairing pots, and some of artificer buffs in persistant form (1h) like silver weapon, that will be cool.

I agree with OP that there is problem with healing and selfsufficiency on melee WF, but i see the reason not in silver flame pots, but in lack of option and choice.

jejeba86
03-12-2012, 10:51 AM
not really sure why you'd think that a house of divine casters would want to heal robots

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/NecromancerBadPowers_7323.jpg

Vordax
03-12-2012, 11:06 AM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/ThreadNecromancy.jpg

Where are the robots? Haven't seen one in game yet.

Vordax

gerardIII
03-12-2012, 11:09 AM
applies 10 constitution damage causing a net loss of 50 hp

IIRC SF pots don't lower your Con.

Crazeee
03-12-2012, 11:14 AM
IIRC SF pots don't lower your Con.

They don't lower CON. And if they would, it would be 100 HP (10 / 2 * 20 = 100). Math seems hard these days.