PDA

View Full Version : a couple AH Q's

Desdemonte
12-26-2009, 07:36 PM
1a) Is it because I'm F2P that I can only auction one thing at a time?

1b) because I tried out the AH for the 1st time the other day and put a scroll up 1st, then some kind of potion. It said I could not do another auction, so I cancelled the first one in order to sell the potion...

1c) and the first item did not return to my pack- it was gone forever. Is this normal, or a glitch?

2) I see people puting up that festival branch for auction for ridiculous amounts of GP. I threw mine away when I got one. I couldn't even hit a kobold with it like the pieces of coal :P Did I do something really dumb? Am I missing something and wasted huge $$$$?

Caiburn
12-26-2009, 07:42 PM
1a) yes

1b) cancelled auction items go to your mailbox (like won items)

1c) if it did not end up in your mailbox, something is probably wrong

2) No. At least there is no public knowledge of any benefit of the twig. Maybe you can use it to roast a red herring.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-27-2009, 02:33 AM
1a) Is it because I'm F2P that I can only auction one thing at a time?

If you buy even the smallest batch of Turbine Points ($6ish) ONCE your account becomes permanently "premium". That gives you 4 char slots instead of 2, ups your mail and AH limit to something like 40 items, ups your gold storage to 4.2mil plat, it doubles your inactive timeout period, and removes all limits on /tell. It's the best deal in the game, buy some points, eventually you will want them for something and $6 is a pretty small investment to make.

Dungnmaster001
12-27-2009, 04:28 AM
1c) and the first item did not return to my pack- it was gone forever. Is this normal, or a glitch?

Items from the AH go to the mailbox, not inventory. This includes items bought as well as your own canceled or expired posts

2) I see people puting up that festival branch for auction for ridiculous amounts of GP. I threw mine away when I got one. I couldn't even hit a kobold with it like the pieces of coal :P Did I do something really dumb? Am I missing something and wasted huge $$$$?

They serve no known purpose. Likely a few people put up twigs as a joke, others saw them on the AH for insane prices and figured they had to be valuable and started selling their own.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-27-2009, 09:09 AM
They serve no known purpose. Likely a few people put up twigs as a joke, others saw them on the AH for insane prices and figured they had to be valuable and started selling their own.

If you have 10,000 twigs and can find the Druid's Circle in 3Barrel Cove you can craft the twigs together into a clickie that will summon an Wood Golem once/rest.

Grimgore
12-27-2009, 09:37 AM
If you have 10,000 twigs and can find the Druid's Circle in 3Barrel Cove you can craft the twigs together into a clickie that will summon an Wood Golem once/rest.

****** man, that needs to go in the rumor thread!

Desdemonte
12-28-2009, 10:12 PM
thanks everybody- good idea on the turbine points.... I should have bought them when the big sale was on.

Desdemonte
12-31-2009, 02:18 PM
If you buy even the smallest batch of Turbine Points ($6ish) ONCE your account becomes permanently "premium". That gives you 4 char slots instead of 2, ups your mail and AH limit to something like 40 items, ups your gold storage to 4.2mil plat, it doubles your inactive timeout period, and removes all limits on /tell. It's the best deal in the game, buy some points, eventually you will want them for something and $6 is a pretty small investment to make.

I bought some points ($50 worth to take advantage of the sale), and although I now have a premium account, I still can only auction one thing at a time.

Dungnmaster001
12-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Then you may need to contact account support to be sure your account correctly received the flag (have you got the other premium benefits such as 2 extra char slots?)

Calebro
12-31-2009, 02:25 PM
I bought some points ($50 worth to take advantage of the sale), and although I now have a premium account, I still can only auction one thing at a time.

Premium should raise it to 20 items. I'd check again after logging out and then back in. If it's still happening, make a ticket.

Desdemonte
01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Then you may need to contact account support to be sure your account correctly received the flag (have you got the other premium benefits such as 2 extra char slots?)

I do have the extra character slots now, but have no way of telling about the mail or gold storage (as I have none of the former and very little of the latter).

I am now able to post multiple items in auction- must have been a log out then in issue. Thanks for the help. Frustratingly, I had to put items up for auction then cancel to get them back (as I didn't want to sell them) to test this, and I didn't get my insertion fees back- I think I wasted about 100 gold. Oops. I have a bunch of Festivult coins I think I'm just going to auction off- I'm poor and realizing I need the dough after all ;D I can't keep buying Turbine Points....!