PDA

View Full Version : Human Barb advice.

Kotomi
12-25-2009, 04:57 AM
Merry Christmas :)

I'm new to DDO (Duh :P) and well D&D in general. (Uh oh!)
I realize I should probably pick one of the templates the game let's you choose, but I like to be a bit different. So I'm looking for some pointers on skills/feats.

I decided on the stats.

18 Str
12 Dex
14 Con
8 Int
10 Wis
8 Cha

It took me about an hour to decide on the stats, but I'm struggling with the skills.

I was thinking

8 Jump.
1 Spot.
3 Tumble
3 Intimidate
2 Balance

Feats:

2 handed fighting
Toughness

Opinions? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

BLAKROC
12-25-2009, 06:43 AM
more con :)

sephiroth1084
12-25-2009, 08:09 AM
I'd lower Dex for more Con, since your HP will have to make due for you AC and Reflex saves. Also, your rage duration is based on Con.

You probably will not need the extra HP from Toughness (and enhancements), though it isn't a bad choice. Power Attack at level 1 isn't bad, but waiting til level 3 is okay.

One point in Spot won't do anything for you. I'd recommend putting points every level or none at all. Intimidate is similar. Balance is worth upping each level.

You won't need that many ranks in Jump--there is a cap on how high you can jump which kicks in at around 45 or 50, so if you calculate your total Str bonus later in the game, and add the Jump spell (+30), you don't really need more than enough ranks to make up that difference. Early in the game, Jumping is fun, and can be useful, but again, there are rarely instances where you need that much, and Jump x3 (+10) clickies aren't that hard to find.