PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian splash

Mumu720
12-24-2009, 03:06 PM
So right now i have a lvl 5 barb splashed with a lvl of rogue, and i love it, but in order to keep up my sneak and move silent skills im gonna get one more lvl of
rogue, but i was wondering if it would be more benificial to go with a lvl of ranger instead of another of rogue? Would this let me keep my sneak skills up? And would that allow me to use wands with no chance of failure? Or should i just go with the second levels
of rogue?

Nezichiend
12-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Do not multiclass more than 2 lvls, you will lose your tier 3 FB (which will make you a gimp).
At lvl 2 rogue you gain evasion, so I would go 18Barb/ 2Rogue

Mumu720
12-24-2009, 03:42 PM
I wasnt gonna do more than 2 lvls dont worry just wondering what to do, is evasion a passive?

z0mbyjr
12-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes, it is passive. It works as long as you're in light armor.

It's a granted feat for a level 2 rogue, a level 2 monk, or a level 9 ranger.

Pretty much, what it does is this: When you're hit by a spell/trap/whatever that requires a reflex save to take half damage, if you pass it, you take no damage at all. If you fail it, you still take normal damage.

lord_of_rage
12-24-2009, 07:11 PM
So right now i have a lvl 5 barb splashed with a lvl of rogue, and i love it, but in order to keep up my sneak and move silent skills im gonna get one more lvl of
rogue, but i was wondering if it would be more benificial to go with a lvl of ranger instead of another of rogue? Would this let me keep my sneak skills up? And would that allow me to use wands with no chance of failure? Or should i just go with the second levels
of rogue?

To be honest the skill you want to keep maxed is umd. If you havent put skill points into it do so. Rogue allows you to have full ranks in it. If you put full ranks into umd + a cha Item+ the head of good fortune+ a umd item and a shroud item with + cha skills you will be able to umd heal scrolls/ res scrolls/ resists and the like. You honestly dont need sneak and move silently on a barb. They arnt bad but a barb is an aggro magnet and dps beast. You dont want to be sneaking in the shadows. You want to be making mobs dead. If stuff isnt dying and that rogue in your party isnt getting his back stab damage, you arnt doing your job well. Good luck on the build.

Mumu720
12-24-2009, 08:08 PM
I have put some in umd but mainly in barb skills then move silent and hide, however for the way i play it is usefull for me, i understand what you are saying, and i do get agro every
time basicaly, but it is extremely useful for soloing or if im hurt bad i can hang back and play a rogue role until i get healed or get to a shrine, this also alows me to sneak in and take out stronger enemies before the rest of
the party joins in, while still grabing agro and putting out major dps. I would say most of the time
i rush in and destroy everything, but as most no barbs arnt tanks so its easy to take major damage so i like this build a lot, not to mention i can unlock every door ive been to and i can disarm most of the traps so yeah, and when im fully buffed i have well over 30 str to do major
damge.

lord_of_rage
12-24-2009, 08:48 PM
I have put some in umd but mainly in barb skills then move silent and hide, however for the way i play it is usefull for me, i understand what you are saying, and i do get agro every
time basicaly, but it is extremely useful for soloing or if im hurt bad i can hang back and play a rogue role until i get healed or get to a shrine, this also alows me to sneak in and take out stronger enemies before the rest of
the party joins in, while still grabing agro and putting out major dps. I would say most of the time
i rush in and destroy everything, but as most no barbs arnt tanks so its easy to take major damage so i like this build a lot, not to mention i can unlock every door ive been to and i can disarm most of the traps so yeah, and when im fully buffed i have well over 30 str to do major
damge.

Its going to be really difficult to keep the skills you need for trapsmithing up to hit traps at higher lvls.Gwylans stand is a lower lvl quest that will show most rogue splashes if they have built themselves right for trapsmithing. My guess is youll struggle to spot and or disable the traps in that quest. You may even have issues in STK without the right gear. Im not sure what your int score is so im not sure how many skill points you have per lvl, but it takes two points each for dd, pick locks, and search. Thats 6 per lvl for those 3. A barb just doesnt have the skill points to keep them all up. As the lvls increase you will be spotted much easier. UMD however is a skill that never becomes usless on a build. Honestly its the most important skill a rogue splashed barb can keep up. It makes soloing high lvl content much easier with the use of heal scroll and such. Also in ddo barbs are tanks. Tank means something different in ddo as opposed to other mmo's. A tank in ddo can be a high dps/hp barb, or a high ac toon. You have alot of twf monk splashes that "tank" raid bosses due to extremely high ac and intimidate. Good luck with the build but I still advise to make sure you max umd to get the most out of the rogue splash through your toon's lifespan.

Mumu720
12-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Ok ty for the advice