PDA

View Full Version : Hey Turbine, there are some things you got wrong.

Karieith
12-24-2009, 02:13 PM
1. Clerics must pick a deity or domain (two) and get access to domain spells from that deities profile. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/cleric.htm)
2. Dwarves have Darkvision, allowing them to see in total darkness. (But not magical darkness) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/races.htm#dwarves)
-additionally Dwarves have a base speed of 20 so I should move slower.
3. My Paladin is level 4, where's my magical horse?
-My ranger is level 4, where's my fuzzy animal?

Xenus_Paradox
12-24-2009, 02:17 PM
1. This is not PnP.
2. This is not PnP.
-This is not PnP.
3. This is not PnP.
-This is not PnP.

Impaqt
12-24-2009, 02:17 PM
1. Clerics must pick a deity or domain (two) and get access to domain spells from that deities profile. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/cleric.htm)
2. Dwarves have Darkvision, allowing them to see in total darkness. (But not magical darkness) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/races.htm#dwarves)

Actually, they didn't get anything "Wrong" Its their game. They can have whatever house rules they wish.

transtemporal
12-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Cool story bro!!!

Ash
12-24-2009, 02:23 PM
1. This is not PnP.
2. This is not PnP.
-This is not PnP.
3. This is not PnP.
-This is not PnP.

:cool::p

Nyvn
12-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Oh I want a pink pwny!

But as was already said house rules trump source.

Karieith
12-24-2009, 02:34 PM
1. This is not PnP.
2. This is not PnP.
-This is not PnP.
3. This is not PnP.
-This is not PnP.

You are not clever.
You are not clever.
-You are not clever
You are not clever.
-You are not clever.

Neither am I, yay.

If it is using the D&D system than it is using the D&D system.

House rules
House rules, I can at least understand. Usually, the deduction of certain class benefits is replaced by more acceptable ones for the world so the classes are not "weakened"/"nerfed" losing the animal companion and mystical horse really isn't that big of a deal since travel is practically instantaneous between zones. (Though... I always used my animal companion and warhorse to help me flank...)

Still, Rangers and Paladins lose vital features of their class and do not get much in return for it. Perhaps the enhancement system is meant to supplement this, but, Barbarians (who have all their class features represented save the faster base movement speed) and other classes who have not had class features ignored get the same amount of enhancement points.

From a coding aspect, taking out the pets and animals avoids having to construct an obnoxious pet AI/control system. To be honest, rangers and paladins have always had the best things going for them (they really do have the best class abilities) Giving them a free companion does unbalance the game...

But I just feel so... empty without my Flanking Bear on my ranger or my Flanking Horse on my Paladin and these benefits were given to the class for a reason... to equalize them to the other glasses.

Also, dark shadowy murky corners are filled with debaucherous letchers who wish to exploit my suppleness and my dwarf should be able to see into those corners in black and white like she's supposed to.

Zippo
12-24-2009, 02:40 PM
House rules, I can at least understand. Usually, the deduction of certain class benefits is replaced by more acceptable ones for the world so the classes are not "weakened"/"nerfed" losing the animal companion and mystical horse really isn't that big of a deal since travel is practically instantaneous between zones. (Though... I always used my animal companion and warhorse to help me flank...)

Still, Rangers and Paladins lose vital features of their class and do not get much in return for it. Perhaps the enhancement system is meant to supplement this, but, Barbarians (who have all their class features represented save the faster base movement speed) and other classes who have not has class features ignored get the same amount of enhancement points.

From a coding aspect, taking out the pets and animals avoids having to construct an obnoxious pet AI/control system. To be honest, rangers and paladins have always had the best things going for them (they really do have the best class abilities) Giving them a free companion does unbalance the game...

But I just feel so... empty without my Flanking Bear on my ranger or my Flanking Horse on my Paladin and these benefits were given to the class for a reason... to equalize them to the other glasses.

Also, dark shadowy murky corners are filled with debaucherous letchers who wish to exploit my suppleness and my dwarf should be able to see into those corners in black and white like she's supposed to.

I was going to give a long retort to this whole thing but somehow this image of beating a dead horse pops into my head and my thoughts get the better of me and tell me if I can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

Impaqt
12-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Still, Rangers and Paladins lose vital features of their class and do not get much in return for it. Perhaps the enhancement system is meant to supplement this, but, Barbarians (who have all their class features represented save the faster base movement speed) and other classes who have not has class features ignored get the same amount of enhancement points.
Rangers and Paladins have Substantial Benefits within the Enhancemt system AND granted abilities that more than make up for the lack of a pet. FOr Example. Rangers get BOTH the granted Ranged feats AND granted Melee feats. The enhancement system also provides many bonus's to their ATtack and Damage that far exceeds a Flanking bonus. Paladins get a Lot of extra damage via Enhancments as well, Oh, and Barbarians DO indeed get their faster movement speed as well.

Actually, the game has quite the extensive AI COntrol system in it now. THis is a relatively recent addition. Hirelngs.

ok, you might want to actually play the game before you stick your foot in your mouth again...

Stormanne
my thoughts get the better of me and tell me if I can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

But, that has never stopped you before...:p

Xenus_Paradox

If by "the D&D system", you mean the 3.5 PnP rules, then this game does not use, and has NEVER used "the D&D system". From the first day of beta it had houserules out the wazoo, including entire subsystems (enhancements) never seen in any edition of D&D.

Complaining that a few things are different from PnP when there are literally THOUSANDS of things different from PnP is just silly.

If you want to play PnP rules, then play PnP. DDO's been around for close to 4 years now, and it's highly unlikely that any of the things you complained about will be changed now.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Cleric domains - would be nice. Clearly however they have decided not to impliment domains. Also this is Eberon, no god is needed to choose a domain (actually even by "core" rules you can have a cleric without a god, although not all DMs agree with that rule.

No class has been granted their familiars so your pali whine there is a bit narrow and self interested. Of all the classes, the Pali needs their mount the least given the complete absense of travel (thankfully) in this game.

It was not an error by a DM house rule that put the movement speeds where they were. Back in 2006 or 2007 I remember seeing a dev comment that they didn't think it would be fun for players to be running with different base speeds. I would have respected the base movement rate from PnP myself but I'm not the DM.

Darkvision - totally pointless here. The DM decided to ignore darkness for all characters/races so that we don't need to bother with torches and light sources and, more importantly, so they don't need to code multiple moving light sources in a dark dungeon. This works to our advantage.

Zippo
12-24-2009, 02:46 PM
But, that has never stopped you before...:p

Legal disclaimer: Due to the liberal application of infraction points by moderators in recent weeks, individual results may vary.

TreknaQudane
12-24-2009, 02:47 PM
including entire subsystems (enhancements) never seen in any edition of D&D.

Actually ... our enhancement system is based on the Action Point system from Eberron campaign and considering we can't declare individual die roles to be boosted and such... it's not a bad trade off.

Sirea
12-24-2009, 02:48 PM
It was not an error by a DM house rule that put the movement speeds where they were. Back in 2006 or 2007 I remember seeing a dev comment that they didn't think it would be fun for players to be running with different base speeds. I would have respected the base movement rate from PnP myself but I'm not the DM.

Well they obviously threw this mindset out the window with the advent of monks :p

Karieith
12-24-2009, 02:49 PM
I was going to give a long retort to this whole thing but somehow this image of beating a dead horse pops into my head and my thoughts get the better of me and tell me if I can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

Were you indeed going to reply with something oh so intellectual my pretentious forum neighbor? Oooh, I bet I would have been absolutely "pwned" by it! That is the vernacular you children are using these days, is it not, chap? Why I am livid with offence at the very THOUGHT of the witty jibe you would have surely thoroughly trounced me with. Thank the good Gods you found mercy in your heart to keep your deep well of brilliance to yourself and let me go another day in my blissful ignorance! My only regret is that these rest of the inhabitants of this lovely forum will never see its splendor. Surely the world is a greater place because of fine upstanding gentlemen like yourself! And what a fool I was to have an opinion differing from your own! Why, you sure showed me! That'll teach me to post on the internet, indeed.

Junts
12-24-2009, 02:51 PM
You are not clever.
You are not clever.
-You are not clever
You are not clever.
-You are not clever.

Neither am I, yay.

Still, Rangers and Paladins lose vital features of their class and do not get much in return for it. Perhaps the enhancement system is meant to supplement this, but, Barbarians (who have all their class features represented save the faster base movement speed) and other classes who have not had class features ignored get the same amount of enhancement points.

Barbarians get their faster movement speed.

Look at it this way; pnp paladins dont have 4-5 lay on hands a day for (10+pal level)*chamod hp.

Mounts have no place in DDO; there's no reason for the warhorse.

There's also only one dungeon in the game in which dark vision would be a factor, and its really more magical darkness anyway.

Shade

1. Devs hinted they will be added eventually. Just ultra low priority given that clerics are already a very well implemented class.
2. Would probably add this too if it mattered. But there's only 1-2 dungeons in the game that are actaully dark.. So it's pretty low priority.
- All races move at the same speed for balance reasons. At the same time if they did that, all races except dwarves should also move slower depending on what type of armor they wear, so it would just somewhat balance itself out anyways. Neither weres just chosen to not be implemented for balance reasons.
3. Mounts are very difficult to implement post launch and will likely never be added to DDO as there's no real purpose for them here.
-Unlikely to be added soon, and if it ever is, would likely be along with when Druids are added.. Even then probably would be worthless like all other summons are anyways.

Ash
But in star trek 2009 they totally changed the history of the original crew in DDO 3.5

New director (house rules)

This seems familiar somehow..??

Korvek
Still, Rangers and Paladins lose vital features of their class and do not get much in return for it.

They get caster level as character level. Rangers also get both TWF and Ranged automatically. Paladins get a far longer lasting version of Holy Sword and regenerating smites. Paladin LoH heals significantly more.

That's something.

Emili
12-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Barbarians get their faster movement speed.

Yes they do... yet sometimes we like it slow. :)

Look at it this way; pnp paladins dont have 4-5 lay on hands a day for (10+pal level)*chamod hp.

Well depends where they're laying their hands now does it not? ;)

Mounts have no place in DDO; there's no reason for the warhorse.

While they're hoistin' ole Nelly down into Garrison's sewers I'll be at the end boss tidying up. ;)

There's also only one dungeon in the game in which dark vision would be a factor, and its really more magical darkness anyway.

Quite a shame... as they say lights be off an elf will play. ;)

Just a few notes... :D

Zippo
12-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Were you indeed going to reply with something oh so intellectual my pretentious forum neighbor? Oooh, I bet I would have been absolutely "pwned" by it! That is the vernacular you children are using these days, is it not, chap? Why I am livid with offence at the very THOUGHT of the witty jibe you would have surely thoroughly trounced me with. Thank the good Gods you found mercy in your heart to keep your deep well of brilliance to yourself and let me go another day in my blissful ignorance! My only regret is that these rest of the inhabitants of this lovely forum will never see its splendor. Surely the world is a greater place because of fine upstanding gentlemen like yourself! And what a fool I was to have an opinion differing from your own! Why, you sure showed me! That'll teach me to post on the internet, indeed.

No I more then likely would've replied in a manner not indicative of the majority of the DDO community, but your infinite wisdom rendered me speechless. Oh BTW you should try to learn the game before spouting off inconsistent and blatently wrong information (I'll let you figure out where you put your foot in your mouth). Lastly before you proceed to call myself or anyone else children you should
a) do some research on what these people have added to the community and
b) learn some back story on them before assuming (cause you know what happens when you assume :rolleyes:) to know them.

With that someone break out the margaritas I've got the popcorn.

edit: also if you read my reply you would see the dead horse reference inferring that these have all been covered before ad nauseam. Try doing some research first

Nezichiend
12-24-2009, 03:06 PM
1. Devs hinted they will be added eventually. Just ultra low priority given that clerics are already a very well implemented class.

FvS > Clrs
No reason not to make a clr over a FvS other than not being able to create a FvS

Xenus_Paradox
12-24-2009, 03:10 PM
I have to laugh when someone with a join date of this month and a red box presumes to call someone who's been playing since a month after launch and 11 green boxes a "child".

Suggestions are fine, there's even a forum for them (which you can't post on until you spend some cash on DDO), but being a know-it-all and acting superior to the people who have made this game what it is today when they correct you is the height of arrogance, and it's gonna earn you a quick trip to the ignore list of pretty much everyone who matters.

Karieith
12-24-2009, 03:10 PM
So much to say... Going down last to first.

Rangers get both TWF and Ranged

Rangers and Paladins have Substantial Benefits within the Enhancemt system AND granted abilities that more than make up for the lack of a pet. FOr Example. Rangers get BOTH the granted Ranged feats AND granted Melee feats.

Yeah, I do think that's a bit ridiculous myself, the ranger thing. You should have to CHOOSE one or the other because it's just too good to be able to switch like that.

There is AI now.
Yeah, true. And the summoned pets are ********. It's more a point of reference, y'know?

1.Clerics are a very well implemented class
2. Speeds are the same for game reasons

1. To be honest, cleric are SO good. They can cast WAY more spells in DDO than they could in a regular campaign in PnP (with 18 wisdom, my cleric was tossing off 6-7+ heals, EMPOWERED and ESCHEWED in PnP you only get, like, 3 I think, 4 counting the domain slot. The complaint was more because I want the deity choice (or domain choice) to MEAN something. I want religious rivalry, I'd like some growth on that.
2. It does seem like they did have heavier armors affect your speed though, which I adore. My cleric in full plate cannot keep up with the halfling in leather.

Darkvision has no place here!
Bah some of the dungeons are so goddamn dark I'd like to have a lighting system so I could see better in them. Light spider webs on fire... incinerate the whole party, y'know things like that. I was really struck by how silly it was that the Ember Item you're given at the very start didn't illuminate anything. I'd really like having that added. But going black and white for dwarves is a bit silly, and I know it. Holy hells, drow infravision would be even worse. CONSTANT PREDATOR MODE GOOOO. Y'know I would completely support it if they made the clicky noises as they slunk around the dungeon with me.

I guess those are all valid points, considering everything Clerics and Rangers have gained (more spells, both combat focuses/etc) it's not really a loss. And to be honest, now that I think about it, seeing a bunch of idiots running around with bears, boars, eagles, ostriches, etc is HORRIFYING.

Zippo
12-24-2009, 03:15 PM
I have to laugh when someone with a join date of this month and a red box presumes to call someone who's been playing since a month after launch and 11 green boxes a "child".

Suggestions are fine, there's even a forum for them (which you can't post on until you spend some cash on DDO), but being a know-it-all and acting superior to the people who have made this game what it is today when they correct you is the height of arrogance, and it's gonna earn you a quick trip to the ignore list of pretty much everyone who matters.

Meh, I'm not even going to worry about past that.

Ash
12-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Bah some of the dungeons are so goddamn dark I'd like to have a lighting system so I could see better in them.

I just went into game settings and changed the gama etc..

Now i see in the dark just fine

Actually it wasnt until my second of month playing that i learned that trick. So i guess you are now ahead of the power curve ;)

Lagin
12-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Flashback! P&P!
Do you have a lava lamp by the pc?
All the speed modifiers are already inplace.
Rangers can summon 2 types of cat here, a lioness & a Razor Cat.

Junts
12-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Just a few notes... :D

My, you are filled with .. Christmas Spirit.

Karieith
12-24-2009, 03:37 PM
No I more then likely would've replied in a manner not indicative of the majority of the DDO community, but your infinite wisdom rendered me speechless. Oh BTW you should try to learn the game before spouting off inconsistent and blatently wrong information (I'll let you figure out where you put your foot in your mouth). Lastly before you proceed to call myself or anyone else children you should
a) do some research on what these people have added to the community and
b) learn some back story on them before assuming (cause you know what happens when you assume ) to know them.

With that someone break out the margaritas I've got the popcorn.

edit: also if you read my reply you would see the dead horse reference inferring that these have all been covered before ad nauseam. Try doing some research first

Awh, my feelings. </3

Oooooeee boy, lawd forbid I displease my bettahs I'll get a lashing fo' sho!

On a more civil note, Zippo, you're the one who came, metaphorically, stomping in here all "I'mma show this newb!" Maybe I do not have an ancient account from back when they were coding this on papyrus but that doesn't make you better than me, or me better than you. I like how you can start throwing out the "I am so better than you, but I'm not going to prove it because that's how better than you I am" but when I tease you about it I'm the one who's acting like I've got a set of cowboy boots on. Dish it out but can't take it much? Get a sense of humor, they're 70% off during the holidays. It must get really cold in that glass house.

Having an older account than me doesn't make you better than me, having a higher level character than me doesn't make you better than me. I'm glad you've both been here for so long and are oh so helpful with responding to posts by newcomers with such warmth and graciousness. It would serve you very well to give up those illusions of exceptionalness. You and I? We are equals. All of us are.

Now then, where you are correct is in my lack of use of a search feature. My sincere apologies for that, honestly. I could have saved us all some time with this dead warhorse (no wonder its not helping me flank...) We could have all had these very valuable minutes of our lives back. I do see that this has been posted before now. I will truly use the feature from now on. (Not-at-all-funny story, NoScript made the forums lie to me! But that is not an excuse.)

Still, seriously, the lot of you, get off your high horses before I start beating it.

I just went into game settings and changed the gama etc..

Now i see in the dark just fine

Actually it wasnt until my second of month playing that i learned that trick. So i guess you are now ahead of the power curve ;)

Yeah, yeah, I turned up the contrast on my monitor and the gamma as well. But, I DLed the high resolution to the game and the high-gammaness, while allowing me to see in those shadows fine, kinda makes the graphics look a little wonky don't you think? AND WHEN THEY CAST OBSCURING MIST I CAN'T SEE AT ALL (joking, joking, it's obscuring mist for a reason) Also, high gamma is not in black-and-white! I can't be immersed in the realism that I AM my dwarf with this level of unprofessional-ism! (more sarcasm, for the serious people who need help with that.)

cdemeritt
12-24-2009, 03:42 PM
FvS > Clrs
No reason not to make a clr over a FvS other than not being able to create a FvS

Not True... Same could be said about Sorc over Wizard... I like both...

I like Clerics over FvS. Yes, FvS have perks, but clerics have Versatility... one is not "better" than another.

Memnir
12-24-2009, 03:46 PM
1. Clerics must pick a deity or domain (two) and get access to domain spells from that deities profile.
I agree, it'd be nice - but would be a pain to code, so they streamlined it to the Faith enhancments. So it is in the game, just not in the manner you prefer.

2. Dwarves have Darkvision, allowing them to see in total darkness. (But not magical darkness)
Yes they do. But, for the sake of gameplay, this was put aside. Being Blinded sucks - and it'd be that way for any race w/o Darkvision in quests where is was a factor. It was a good call to make most every dungeon in DDO well lit and easy to see in.
You want to move slower? Again, this was a good call for the Devs to put aside for the sake of a smoother gaming experience.

Unneeded in DDO. Hey, in pen and paper Paladins don't have a way to increase their level-appropriate number of Smite Evils, boost their aura, etc... I think it's a fair trade off.

Summon it if you really want it.

Karieith
12-24-2009, 03:55 PM
1. Clerics must pick a deity or domain (two) and get access to domain spells from that deities profile.
I agree, it'd be nice - but would be a pain to code, so they streamlined it to the Faith enhancments. So it is in the game, just not in the manner you prefer.

2. Dwarves have Darkvision, allowing them to see in total darkness. (But not magical darkness)
Yes they do. But, for the sake of gameplay, this was put aside. Being Blinded sucks - and it'd be that way for any race w/o Darkvision in quests where is was a factor. It was a good call to make most every dungeon in DDO well lit and easy to see in.
You want to move slower? Again, this was a good call for the Devs to put aside for the sake of a smoother gaming experience.

Unneeded in DDO. Hey, in pen and paper Paladins don't have a way to increase their level-appropriate number of Smite Evils, boost their aura, etc... I think it's a fair trade off.

Flashback! P&P!
Do you have a lava lamp by the pc?
All the speed modifiers are already inplace.
Rangers can summon 2 types of cat here, a lioness & a Razor Cat.

My lava-lamp broke years ago! I still have my dice in a crown royal bag though.
...I was hoping for a bit more choice and variety on my inane animal pest. But, y'know. (When I finally reached level 4 it was kind of a let down "Oh boy, now I'll get a special quest to go out into the woods and find an animal!" Now I'm all bitter and disenfranchised. The tears I cry when I think no one is looking!) Beggers can't be choosers.

They really have done a good job though.

Zippo
12-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Awh, my feelings. </3

Oooooeee boy, lawd forbid I displease my bettahs I'll get a lashing fo' sho!

On a more civil note, Zippo, you're the one who came, metaphorically, stomping in here all "I'mma show this newb!" Maybe I do not have an ancient account from back when they were coding this on papyrus but that doesn't make you better than me, or me better than you. I like how you can start throwing out the "I am so better than you, but I'm not going to prove it because that's how better than you I am" but when I tease you about it I'm the one who's acting like I've got a set of cowboy boots on. Dish it out but can't take it much? Get a sense of humor, they're 70% off during the holidays. It must get really cold in that glass house.

Having an older account than me doesn't make you better than me, having a higher level character than me doesn't make you better than me. I'm glad you've both been here for so long and are oh so helpful with responding to posts by newcomers with such warmth and graciousness. It would serve you very well to give up those illusions of exceptionalness. You and I? We are equals. All of us are.

Now then, where you are correct is in my lack of use of a search feature. My sincere apologies for that, honestly. I could have saved us all some time with this dead warhorse (no wonder its not helping me flank...) We could have all had these very valuable minutes of our lives back. I do see that this has been posted before now. I will truly use the feature from now on. (Not-at-all-funny story, NoScript made the forums lie to me! But that is not an excuse.)

Still, seriously, the lot of you, get off your high horses before I start beating it.

Edit: screw it it is not worth replying to baseless assumptions

Missing_Minds
12-24-2009, 04:16 PM
2. Would probably add this too if it mattered. But there's only 1-2 dungeons in the game that are actaully dark.. So it's pretty low priority.

Only one I can think of. Rainbow in the Dark. And it was already stated that it was a magical darkness, so dwarves would still be out of luck.

Missing_Minds
12-24-2009, 04:17 PM

Mobs think they are tasty with a side of mint jelly.

drac317
12-24-2009, 04:49 PM
... exceptionalness...

is that a word???

z0mbyjr
12-24-2009, 06:39 PM
I agree that it is missing some things from Pen and Paper...
However, it isn't easy to turn a massive tactical RPG ruleset into a real-time MMO... that players who haven't played Pen and Paper will enjoy.

For example: Will a power gamer really enjoy having a fuzzy animal follow them around, getting killed all the time, and preventing them from leveling due to the XP Penalties from them dying?
Or even a nuking sorcerer having their familiar die all the time, making them lose XP from trying to actually use Wall of Fire?
Or a battlecleric becoming extremely overpowered by wishing they had like 8 more STR and CON? Or wishing they were displaced 24/7?

Ghoste
12-24-2009, 06:45 PM

Even in Pen and Paper, this is not the case in Eberron. Clerics need only follow an ideal or a cause, such as the followers of the Lord of Blades.

Kralgnax
12-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Wow, one thread two posters with double-red squares.

Grats, of a sort ;)

chubbs99
12-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Since the other 3 comments have been beaten to death...

There was a time way back near the begining of this game where Rangers were in the position of todays monks in a sense (Not a whole lot of love from the dev team with in game stuffs). After much out cry they finally gave Rangers a "Pet" but it comes in the form of a Summon Animal like spell and uses your sp and the only way to make it better is with the higher level ranger spells. So, If you ranger can't cast spells you won't be able to summon fluffy for 2 minutes. Not the best solution imo but atleast this is one area they tried to atleast meet us half way on

JSiN69
12-24-2009, 11:36 PM
This game is loosely based on DnD. They obviously couldn't take everything from PnP and put it in DDo cause game play would probably suck. There is to much material to go through to add all of it verbatim. Making a cleric choose a deity would mean they would have to create a whole line of deities, but the benefits of that would probably closely resemble something they would get in their class enhancements anyway. They did add a lot of things to compliment the classes by way of the enhancements, I think it makes game play more achievable. Instead of having to wait until the next level to get any kind of bonuses, you receive smaller boosts that are specific to the class in between levels. This was probably necessary for DnD to work in this format, and to be able to include prestige classes in a playable manner.
Don't worry they didn't miss much by way of the monster manual when creating the critters. I think they got all of them spot on as far as skills, abilities, and natural attacks. It looks like they pretty much copied it word for word.
When you play for a while you'll notice the differences between PnP and this game. They were made for a reason. This game wouldn't be fun to play if it went by the book. If it used DnD combat rounds, getting through a dungeon would take three times as long as it does now. If they went by the book's movement rates for size and carrying capacity, the halflings and dwarves wouldn't even make it to the quest before everyone else was finished.
If you look at this game as DnD you won't enjoy it as much cause you'll always feel they bastardized your game. Just look at it as a totally different game with hints of DnD and you'll do fine. This is the 21st century and role-playing doesn't exist on a tabletop any more.
And you get much cooler abilities in this as a paladin than having a pony.

Uska
12-24-2009, 11:44 PM
People have been asking for domains since day 1 and as to dark vison only quest that it would matter in is rainbow in the dark and thats magical darkness so it still wouldnt help.

AlphandOmega
12-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Sure, I had a magical fuzzy pony once, I was a king. You can be or do just about anything with D & D (depending on the version the GM allows).
But I bought this smooth copy of DDO just like everybody else when it first came out. I got mine at S-Mart, ailse 5, next to cooking wares.
Sure I couldnt imagine anything I wanted and have it magically appear on the screen and I no longer roll the dice, except the occasional /roll.
What I can do is beat on some primitive kobolds and smash Doomsphere Beholder spells.
All while enjoying live, streaming action in Direct X 10.1-soon to be 11.
All it took was a little research...Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.