PDA

View Full Version : Add True Reincarnated symbol to forum signatures

Draccus
12-24-2009, 11:15 AM
I think you should add some sort of icon to the forum signatures to indicate that a character has been been reincarnated. A new player may be sceptical of endgame build advice from someone who's showing a level 5 TR'd character in his signature.

Letrii
12-24-2009, 12:51 PM
We don't need more epeen.

Jay203
12-24-2009, 12:56 PM
I think you should add some sort of icon to the forum signatures to indicate that a character has been been reincarnated. A new player may be sceptical of endgame build advice from someone who's showing a level 5 TR'd character in his signature.

if someone judges the validity of another solely based on the lvl of the character one puts in his/her signature, then the judging individual does not deserve to be advised

Demoyn
12-24-2009, 02:23 PM
What are you talking about? They don't even have the signatures ACTIVE for half the forumites. They should probably work on that first.

Draccus
12-25-2009, 09:42 AM
if someone judges the validity of another solely based on the lvl of the character one puts in his/her signature, then the judging individual does not deserve to be advised

So if advice from a player whose highest level character is, say 10, is just as valid as someone who's capped multiple characters? /boggle

Visty
12-25-2009, 09:43 AM
So if advice from a player whose highest level character is, say 10, is just as valid as someone who's capped multiple characters? /boggle

yes, cause noone makes you to put your highest char into your sig

i could have 29 double TR lvl20 uber chars and 1 lvl mule and put that mule into my forum sig

what does that tell you? nothing

Lorien_the_First_One
12-25-2009, 10:01 AM
We don't need more epeen.

Agreed

Agreed. Besides, people actually have that turned on? :eek:

No, but what char, if any, is in their sig doesn't tell you think one about how many capped chars they have.

Jay203
12-25-2009, 12:27 PM

sigh, this is the result from someone who can't attempt to comprehend a post before going neg happy
a character lvl does not prove anything, anyone can get lucky with piking and get to high lvl without much work or knowledge to the game
the validity of someone's advice can NOT be judged based on how many capped character one has or what the highest lvl toon a person possess
i've heard some disturbingly stupid things from people with capped toons and i've heard some intelligent things from newcomers as well

and i said if someone judges someone's advice based ONLY on their character lvl (aka narrowminded people who thinks people with high level toons MUST be the experts in the game), then such a person should not and does not deserve to be advised

Impaqt
12-25-2009, 12:56 PM

THe Character in your Sig (If you have one... i dont.. I dont even list my Character levels) has othing to do with how long you have played, what you know and how valid your advice is.

And True Reincarnating someone certainly doesnt magicly add credibility

Marr0w1
04-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Actually, yes.
I think more e-peen is a perfectly normal thing to want ;)

Lithic
04-05-2010, 03:14 PM
If you are really so worried about what people think of the character in your sig, you could, um, you know, NOT put a character in your sig.

Or put a different one in there.

Or copy/past the sig link from someone else's uber character and pretend it's yours (now trading sig link to Psi of Argonessan, only 3 large devil scales!)