PDA

View Full Version : Optimal Time to Leave Korthos

Frezar14
12-24-2009, 11:00 AM
My level 3 (rgr-2 rog-1) has completed all the Korthos quests. I've done a few on hard. Should I stay on Korthos until level 4 or is 3 good enough to sail away? Thanks in advance.

MylesMDT
12-24-2009, 11:08 AM
I usually leave right away; speak to Mari on the docks in the Harbor, get my collectibles bag, and gem bag. Then, I go to the Twelve and get my ingredients bag. Then, go back to Korthos and do all of the quests up to elite - then, it's time to leave.

Grosbeak07
12-24-2009, 11:09 AM
You are plenty ready to do everything in harbor. Go forth!

Stormanne
12-24-2009, 11:12 AM
You can leave after going the whole island on normal. I tend to stay until I've done everything on elite though, just to get it over with...

z0mbyjr
12-24-2009, 06:43 PM
I'd just do everything on Elite once, then head to Korthos... It's not fun trying to farm for a sigil when you're at the cap. I'd say that by the time you hit 3, you should be in the harbor... But that's just my way of doing it.

Fenrisulven6
12-24-2009, 07:08 PM
I tend to stay until I've done everything on elite though, just to get it over with...

I advise the opposite. Move on to WW and STK.

Come back for elite Korthos after you've leveled and learned a bit more. You'll find the difference interesting.

lord_of_rage
12-24-2009, 07:39 PM
I think it depends on your goals. Personally I blast through korthos on hard, grab my gear out of the bank,head back run elite then hit kobolds,ww,and stk.

Frezar14
12-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks for all of the good advice. It's appreciated.

jsaving
12-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Here are three pieces of information that may help you figure this out.

a) You receive an XP penalty when running a quest more than 1 level below you.

b) Hard quests count as +1 level; elites count as +2.

c) Korthos quests are mostly 1st level, and the beginners' harbor quests are mostly 2nd level.

To avoid XP penalties, then, you need to head to the harbor by 3rd level to start doing quests there.

My advice would be to first do the Korthos island quests on normal and hard (solo too if you want), which should take you to 3rd level. At that point, head to Stormreach and do the beginners' harbor quests on normal, picking up a few inexpensive pieces of equipment from the auction house if need be. Then return to Korthos one last time and do everything on elite, before leaving the island behind for good.

sly_1
12-24-2009, 08:14 PM
main advantage to staying on korthos if this is your 1st ever build is the faction. running all those quests on elite can net you a decent chunk.

But you can always come back for the faction later if you want/need it so if you wanna leave, leave.

ProdigalGuru
12-24-2009, 08:23 PM
It's called FAVOR.

sly_1
12-25-2009, 11:54 AM
It's called FAVOR.

whatever i think all understood what i was talking about.