PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Vault of Night raid

Carpone
12-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Four of us are looking to do VON5-6: 13 wiz, 13 monk, 12 sorc, 9 cleric/3 rogue. Post or PM if you're running a raid in the near future.

Thanks!

Slink
12-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Hello-

We will be hosting Von 5-6 runs and perhaps they may be running some in my absence.

Look for Sofie online (or contact any Paradox member). She could likely organize a Von 5-6 for this coming weekend (jan 2-3).
I have been out of town visiting family for the holidays but am anxious to get back in the saddle when I return home later this week.

Best of Luck-

S.

Mysterium
12-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm down for VoN whenever. After all those heinous flagging quests, I never actually did the raid. You can always send me a tell if you want to get something going.

-Seferis

Cupcake
12-28-2009, 04:37 PM
*Waves hi to Sofie!

Three of my guild are flagged ready for 5-6.

Slink
12-28-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm down for VoN whenever. After all those heinous flagging quests, I never actually did the raid. You can always send me a tell if you want to get something going.

-Seferis

YO SEFERIS!! :D

*Waves hi to Sofie!

I'll take you to von 5-6 for a cupcake!!!
(vanilla with orange icing plz!!)

Has Sofie been around?
I miss my Orien pals :(

S.

BTW-- barring circumstances beyond my control, I should be available for a von raid saturday (Jan 2) evening EST.

Crann
12-29-2009, 05:57 AM
I would like to get in on that raid if you'd have me. I finally trudged my way through Haywire's and am ready to go. I have no cupcakes....how about beer?

Carpone
12-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Do any of you know VON5-6 well? I joined a VON5 pug over the weekend and bailed after the guy organizing it didn't know a thing about the raid.

memoriesfade
12-29-2009, 03:14 PM
YO SEFERIS!! :D

I'll take you to von 5-6 for a cupcake!!!
(vanilla with orange icing plz!!)

Has Sofie been around?
I miss my Orien pals :(

S.

BTW-- barring circumstances beyond my control, I should be available for a von raid saturday (Jan 2) evening EST.

Heck yes sofie has been around shes taken me in necro and vale a few times good times :D. She was gone for 2 days tho =o

Mysterium
12-29-2009, 03:27 PM
I've never done VoN 5-6, but I know what can be learned from the guides and videos available through a Google search. Sometimes quests are more fun when you run them with a bunch of people who don't know what to expect. It takes a lot longer that way, but you remember it once you learn it.

That being said, there are plenty of other folks in guild who have firsthand experience with the content, i.e. Slink and Sofie.

Slink
12-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Heck yes sofie has been around shes taken me in necro and vale a few times good times :D. She was gone for 2 days tho =o

Gone???
Blasphemy!!

Yes, Sofie is wonderful to run with.
I hope she got her new cleric leveled up a bit.
That 9 con bard was just too much. :D

Slink
12-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Sometimes quests are more fun when you run them with a bunch of people who don't know what to expect. It takes a lot longer that way, but you remember it once you learn it.

^^ This.

Even shorthanded groups of lvl 8-12 could learn alot about this raid (or the entire game for that matter) by exploring.
Of course this is not for everyone, but for me, new content is enthralling.
I would encourage the newer players to explore and enjoy the content available in DDO on their own terms a few times before seeking assistance.

Carpone
01-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks to Type IV Bag of Holding for running a very smooth VON5-6 over the weekend. Glad I got to experience it once. I hope it's not indicative of DDO's higher level raid content. The design of that quest is atrocious. I find it hilarious that there's a 2 day 18 hour lockout timer. Maybe back in the day when it was end-game content people would chain run it. Run it now for favor and never go back.