PDA

View Full Version : Undo levelling?

MeriButterskirt
12-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Hi!

I've trained myself from Ftr2 to Ftr2/Clr1 with a WIS of 8.... So no spell-casting.

Is it possible to undo the levelling (haven't gained any XP yet) or am I done for?

Cheers,
Hellgaa

Uska
12-24-2009, 02:40 AM
Right now the only option to do that is to level to 20 and do True reincarnation which will set you back to lvl 1 but with more build points and some other bonus, they plan on having something to fix things like this but not ETA, since you so low lvl you can reroll or keep playing a wisdom item will get your wis high enough to cast but you might have to wait a level or two to be high enough to use one with a big enough plus they come in +1 to +6 to your wisdom also a tome could help some and one more thing class stat enhancment pluses will also count.

Bladedge
12-24-2009, 02:41 AM
Nope you cant undo a lv. But since you are only lv 3 I would say just reroll.

Delt
12-24-2009, 02:42 AM
Right now the only option to do that is to level to 20 and do True reincarnation which will set you back to lvl 1 but with more build points and some other bonus, they plan on having something to fix things like this but not ETA, since you so low lvl you can reroll or keep playing a wisdom item will get your wis high enough to cast but you might have to wait a level or two to be high enough to use one with a big enough plus they come in +1 to +6 to your wisdom also a tome could help some and one more thing class stat enhancment pluses will also count.

That is a long sentence.

Stanley_Nicholas
12-24-2009, 02:43 AM
You're done for. Best to reroll now rather than later. The high level of character customization in DDO is great, but the cost of such a system is that it is possible to create some seriously gimped builds if you decide to wing it without knowing what you're doing.

Level 3 is easy to get to. You'll only kick yourself later if you don't reroll now.

Uska
12-24-2009, 02:44 AM
That is a long sentence.

So what

MeriButterskirt
12-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the answers.
Deleted my lovely dwarven female Hellgaa Eishaar .... <streaming tears>booohoooo!</streaming tears>

May she rest in peace in the unending bitbuckets.

Delt
12-24-2009, 02:51 AM
So what

You are a woman of extremes, to be sure.

Uska
12-24-2009, 03:52 AM
You are a woman of extremes, to be sure.

Extreme maybe, woman dont think so. My friends swear I am the inspiration for Beavis(well I use to be maybe) was quite the pyro

PopeJual
12-24-2009, 08:48 AM
So what

That is a short sentence.

cdbd3rd
12-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the answers.
Deleted my lovely dwarven female Hellgaa Eishaar .... <streaming tears>booohoooo!</streaming tears>

May she rest in peace in the unending bitbuckets.

Take heart, and be ever so thankful you did not make that error with a level 12 fighter - even one with a 10 wisdom.

Even more especially so, as Lesser & Greater Reincarnations (when/if we ever get them) will not fix that kind of an error. :o :(

Steiner-Davion
12-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Even more especially so, as Lesser & Greater Reincarnations (when/if we ever get them) will not fix that kind of an error. :o :(

Just another Case of the powers that be, not listening to us on some of the key issues.

Lesser Reincarnation should have been/should be what Greater Reincarnation was originally proposed to be, and Greater, should have been what True Reincarnation is minus the extra build points.

How they screwed this all up I am still not sure. And I really do not understand waht the heck the hold up is. IF they have the Veteran Status system isn place, all that needs to be done is expand that system all the way to Cap, and add a mechanism to determine what level you were before you talked to the Respec trainer/how much XP you had and what Tomes you had used, and BAM, you redistribute everything, including levels to the max level you were prior to respeccing.