PDA

View Full Version : Xp Trinket that is NOT Voice of the Master

Ivelson
12-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Just a question here, though more of a clearing up of something I had heard...

Is there another trinket in game that gives a +XP% boost, that is NOT Voice of the Master? I had thought I read about one in the forums a while back, and someone had mentioned that there was such an item, but I can not dig any info up on it in searches. Which makes me think the info I was given was...in error.

Visty
12-22-2009, 06:19 PM
cloak of the worldshaper from thrnal

if you have both of those, you get trueseeing as setbonus

Ivelson
12-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Ah ha! Fast response there! Thanks :)

Just means that one of those packs needs to go on my "to get" list next...

toughguyjoe
12-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Ah ha! Fast response there! Thanks :)

Just means that one of those packs needs to go on my "to get" list next...

Remember, Ruins of threnal is more difficult than Deleras Tomb, and also...the Cloak is obviously not a trinket..if that hurts your gear scheme and such.

Also, you might be bummed when you look at the Abandoned Excavation end reward list...It has Cloak of the Worldshaper all the time. However it also has many other items you will more than likely find rather tasty and useful, so choose wisely!

Also...When you do The Western excavation, finish it and Don't repeat the quest chain!

Same for East, Finsih the chain, then DO NOT Repeat! For clarification, get your end reward, and leve the NPC with the litle blue arrows over his head.

Once done East you will be ready for South. Correctly called The Abandoned Excavation. This is where the hot end rewards are.

Ivelson
12-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Good to know, about the end quest stuff. I don't have either pack right now (just dropped the points on 5 other packs), so need to grind up some more TP (and/or drop some xmas cash if any shows up), but both sound good. Though Delara's has gotten better "reviews", both in game and on the forums!

toughguyjoe
12-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Good to know, about the end quest stuff. I don't have either pack right now (just dropped the points on 5 other packs), so need to grind up some more TP (and/or drop some xmas cash if any shows up), but both sound good. Though Delara's has gotten better "reviews", both in game and on the forums!

East Threnal is worth a TON of xp, but the last quest in the chain is a huge Pain. You have to protect a guy named Coyle, who is universally hated by all players on all servers. Its not bad if you get a group who is prepared and knows the challange. If you go in blind, you'll wipe several times, or at the least coyle will die several tiems and you will have to re-start.

I like Threnal for its higher level loot and the more out of the way quests that aren't run quite as often. That is, Its a decent loot quest for f2p players that don't have the highest level of questing yet.

SouCarioca
12-22-2009, 06:41 PM
East Threnal is worth a TON of xp, but the last quest in the chain is a huge Pain. You have to protect a guy named Coyle, who is universally hated by all players on all servers. Its not bad if you get a group who is prepared and knows the challange. If you go in blind, you'll wipe several times, or at the least coyle will die several tiems and you will have to re-start.

While true, it isn't that bad if you do one very important thing:

BUFF COYLE UP! Cast stoneskin, and every protective buff you can think of, and renew them.

SouCarioca
12-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Remember, Ruins of threnal is more difficult than Deleras Tomb, and also...the Cloak is obviously not a trinket..if that hurts your gear scheme and such.

Also, you might be bummed when you look at the Abandoned Excavation end reward list...It has Cloak of the Worldshaper all the time. However it also has many other items you will more than likely find rather tasty and useful, so choose wisely!

This is also true of Delera's. I've read many posts about players going ape trying to find a Carnifex (greataxe that crits 17-20! - 20%), whereas the Voice *always* appears.

Elsbet
12-23-2009, 09:44 AM
While true, it isn't that bad if you do one very important thing:

BUFF COYLE UP! Cast stoneskin, and every protective buff you can think of, and renew them.

Screw that. Knock the dummy out and ignore him. Much, much easier.

~~~

The Voice of the Master and Cloak of the Worldshaper are supposed to drop all the time. They are static rewards and were always intended to be.

Kralgnax
12-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Please note that Mantle of the worldshaper is a cloak, not a trinket, and includes 5/day absorb negative spell. If you wear both Mantle and Voice, you get regeneration (1HP/min) and permaanent true sight.

Quikster
12-23-2009, 10:25 AM
I would say deleras is more popular and easier to find a group for fast completion.

Reyjak
12-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Please note that Mantle of the worldshaper is a cloak, not a trinket, and includes 5/day absorb negative spell. If you wear both Mantle and Voice, you get regeneration (1HP/min) and permaanent true sight.

Truesight is the only bonus for wearing the 2, the Regen comes standard on the cloak

rpasell
12-23-2009, 10:33 AM
cloak of the worldshaper from thrnal

if you have both of those, you get trueseeing as setbonus

Really? You learn something new every day. I had no idea there was a set bonus for that. Does it even say that in the item description?

Kralgnax
12-23-2009, 10:44 AM
I believe it does say so.

Delara's is definitely easier to get a group for, and way more soloable.

muffinlad
12-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Do BOTH quest chains, there is some decent exp to be mined in both, and good end rewards.

Note also, the arrows at the end of Threnal are +5 Sonic, 50% returning and can be given to a new toon you are bringing up for a nice twink boost.

muffincamper

Dylos_Moon
12-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Screw that. Knock the dummy out and ignore him. Much, much easier.

~~~

The Voice of the Master and Cloak of the Worldshaper are supposed to drop all the time. They are static rewards and were always intended to be.

Coyle has a bad habit of losing half his hit points in one shot and then waking up immediately when knocked out, you are much better off using the old method of aggroing the first adamantine golem (which Coyle will chase) and pulling it off into the corner where it spawned and holding its aggro (Coyle cannot damage the Adamantine Golems, as his weapon is not adamantine, and Scorching Ray will heal the Golem, and Coyle will not change to a different target if this is done correctly.)

Elsbet
12-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Coyle has a bad habit of losing half his hit points in one shot and then waking up immediately when knocked out, you are much better off using the old method of aggroing the first adamantine golem (which Coyle will chase) and pulling it off into the corner where it spawned and holding its aggro (Coyle cannot damage the Adamantine Golems, as his weapon is not adamantine, and Scorching Ray will heal the Golem, and Coyle will not change to a different target if this is done correctly.)

Did Threnals pugs three times this weekend. Kept him knocked out, unbuffed and snoozing away on the floor. I healed him twice with a cure serious and that was it. It was painfully easy and had a smooth run everytime.

Since we've been able to knock him out, I've never seen him take half his health in damage.

Mockduck
12-23-2009, 03:07 PM

Also...When you do The Western excavation, finish it and Don't repeat the quest chain!

Same for East, Finsih the chain, then DO NOT Repeat! For clarification, get your end reward, and leve the NPC with the litle blue arrows over his head.

Once done East you will be ready for South. Correctly called The Abandoned Excavation. This is where the hot end rewards are.

You speak truth. This chain can easily be screwed up in your quest log!

I have never actually picked up the cloak, but maybe I will have to after all...