PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Guild - 5CLR/1ROG

Jaellra
12-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi all! I've been playing DDO a couple months now, all solo. Well, except for the one group I joined over the weekend that didn't go so well. Which of course reinforced my beliefs that I should just stay solo. But playing with hirelings isn't so much fun, and my hubby's gonna get mad if I keep buying more points!

Anywho, a little about me. I can be long winded at times, but mostly I'm pretty quiet. I started out playing a cleric in the original Everquest, for 5 years. I've also played a Rogue, Ranger, Druid, etc in World of Warcraft for 4 years. I've played DAoC, Lineage 2, Age of Conan, LOTR, City of Heroes, Aion, Anarchy Online, Asheron's Call, Champions Online, EQ2, Dungeon Runners, Star Wars Galaxies and Vanguard. Plus several more I can't remember I'm sure ;p~ So I know my way around ;)

I play Friday nights, all day Saturday and Sunday if there's nothing else going on. I'm a pretty casual player, but I would like to eventually raid as I level up. I'd like to join a casual guild that is willing to help me learn to play my cleric the best I can, and who I can help as well if I'm able to. Mature adults that I can hang out and quest with. I've only grouped once, and did not enjoy it at all. No one talked in the group, they all just wandered off and did their own thing, didn't answer any questions I had. I'm pretty sure they'd done the instance many times already, but it was my first time there, and I had no idea who I was supposed to be following and healing ;p~

I realize I better start grouping more, as I won't be able to solo much as I level, but I don't even know how to go about grouping ;) Sad, I know! But I'm very much willing to learn. I love this game, and really want to try and get the most out of it. I am a VIP player, if that matters, I don't know as it should ;)

So that's it! Hope I didn't scare anyone away with my babble!

Thanks for reading!

Taffi

Caine52184
12-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Welcome to Thelanis!

It's great to see another female around :D! I will definitely look for you in game.. I have several lowbies around your clerics level...i'd be happy to run around with you if I see you around town. :)

Jaellra
12-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Thank you for the welcome and responding. That would be great! I have a four day weekend, hubby has to work, all my family is in Michigan, so I'll be playing lots I think from Thursday through Sunday!

Taffi

Ministry
12-22-2009, 05:35 PM
That's quite the list of games, a few of which I have played and the rest I have familiarity with.

I've just come back to the game after 7 months away and have a couple of lower level characters - 4 and 7 that I'm bashing around with. I know the game quite well, all the way up to anything that was released over this past 7 months and would be glad to help ya out, teaming, whatever.

There is some new lower stuff I would love to check out, but most of the people I've hung out with in the past pretty much bypass anything without tonnes of xp per second.

If you are interested, let me know any and all characters you are playing and I will PM you in game.

Oh... welcome to DDO.

:)

Jaellra
12-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Sounds great Ministry! I'm looking for people I can group and explore with. I don't wanna zerg through all the content just to get to 20, that's really not much fun. I need some practice healing other people, so I hope you don't get too upset if you die a few times ;p~ I'm usually playing Taffi. I've got a few other characters but she's the most fun so far!

Taffi

Ministry
12-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Sounds great Ministry! I'm looking for people I can group and explore with. I don't wanna zerg through all the content just to get to 20, that's really not much fun. I need some practice healing other people, so I hope you don't get too upset if you die a few times ;p~ I'm usually playing Taffi. I've got a few other characters but she's the most fun so far!

Taffi

No worries... I've run with the best and the worst and I have fun most of the time no matter what the situation.

Just post the names of any toons you have right now and I will add them to my friends list on my lowbies.

Honestly, I was in the ultimate zerging guild (and virtually undisputed - top guild in the game) for quite a while before I took a LONG break, and although it does help you level faster, you never get the full appreciation for the game.

Oh, don't worry about me dying kiddo... I build my toons to survive... ask ANYONE who has known me. People die all around me and somehow I manage to stay upright, most of the time.

Oh ya.. I ran away first.

;)

Dying in game is normal and it is soooooooooo OK. Anyone who dies around you while you are playing your cleric is because of their own stupidity.

People don't use the healing potions or they run into battle when it's not the best time or they don't use proper tactics... etc... etc...

It's not your fault.

The cleric's role is NOT to JUST keep people alive.

My best character for soloing is a cleric and I will be happy to show you how easy it is.. combination of stats, gear, etc.

oh... BTW... you state you are looking for a guild. May I make one little recommendation??? Don't join a guild yet. Run with many and see what you like and don't like. There are more sub par guilds then there are good or better than good guilds. See what they are like, find your comfort level and then make a decision.

Look forward to seeing you in game... I will be on tonight and a fair bit over the next week.

:)

al73r
12-23-2009, 01:09 PM
If you take any advice. Take it from Ministry!

Crystalfist
12-23-2009, 01:23 PM
oh... BTW... you state you are looking for a guild. May I make one little recommendation??? Don't join a guild yet. Run with many and see what you like and don't like. There are more sub par guilds then there are good or better than good guilds. See what they are like, find your comfort level and then make a decision.

By far the best advise you will ever hear!

Especially with the population surge and the EU servers and everything else going on, guilds are still doing a lot of shifting and moving around, I would advise just trying to find some friends with a simliar play style that you enjoy running with first. I, for example, probably spend almost as much time running with buddies in other guilds then my own guild.

Feel free to send me a message if you see me online, I've got a couple lowbies and a reincarnated guy im working on.

Jaellra
12-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Sweet! I should be on sometime tonight maybe if theres nothing else going on with the hubby, and most of the weekend too I imagine. I'm slightly addicted to the game ;p~ I pretty much play Taffi, and sometimes Lyrelain, she's a 5 bard 1 rog. I'll hold off on the guild for now, thanks for the advice! I seem to make all my characters with a splash of rogue. All of my characters are multiclass except for a lvl 4 bard. I can't see how anyone can make a straight class and play it, but maybe I'm just playing "wrong" heh. I mean I do realize it's better to have a single class, but I like the two, even three class mixes, I have more fun on them! OK, back to work!

Jaellra

Jaellra
12-23-2009, 01:48 PM
By far the best advise you will ever hear!

Especially with the population surge and the EU servers and everything else going on, guilds are still doing a lot of shifting and moving around, I would advise just trying to find some friends with a simliar play style that you enjoy running with first. I, for example, probably spend almost as much time running with buddies in other guilds then my own guild.

Feel free to send me a message if you see me online, I've got a couple lowbies and a reincarnated guy im working on.

Great, thank you Crystalfist, I'll look for you! I'd like to find a bunch of ppl that I can hang with regularly, just makes playing much more fun really!

Jaellra
12-23-2009, 01:54 PM
If you take any advice. Take it from Ministry!

Hiya Al73r. Is that Alter? Anywho, thank you for your advice to take Ministry's advice. So far he makes sense!

Jaellra

Lynx
02-08-2010, 03:26 AM
Hello

I am wondering if you would like to join our guild. I will not promise fame and fortune as you can and probably have done all of that by yourself. I am hoping you might see potential in some of our younger members and may be willing to share your experience. You would definitely be an officer, though in a small guild I am sure you know that is just another term for do everything. We do have about 4 or 5 members in their 40s, so is not entirely a 20 something guild. Please consider us as you choose a guild, I have left the name of the guild and a description. I can only promise that the rewards of seeing young players learn the right way will be endless. Thank you for your time.

Credendo Vides

Hello

Credendo Vides is a small, but growing guild, mixing new players with experienced players. We welcome all serious, relaxed, team-players (pay-to-play & free-to-play) and strive to remain drama free. Credendo Vides is Latin, meaning: By Believing, One Sees. To many of the players of DDO, this sums up the game experience. To us in Credendo Vides, this is how we play our characters and therefore the game. We help our members develop and level their characters. A lot of our members are girls experiencing this game for the first time or even having played with their brothers and boyfriends. We also have guys who played paper & pen (tabletop) when D&D first came out, and know their rules. We do not try to cheat the game or the experience. We do share gold, items and knowledge with our newer members, as they develop and refine their characters, as they choose. Our guild preaches and teaches team play over solo play and we will start running multiple guild runs for quests. We are currently recruiting (see Holly or send tell) for like minded players..... By Believing, Ones Sees....

Tanya

1) Guild leader: Holly - female Bard
2) Guild successor: Isabelll - female Bard
3) Guild officer: Morrigwyn - female Fighter
4) Guild officer: UrsoNovo - male Sorcerer / Barbarian
5) Guild officer: Eldarian - male Paladin

Kaeldur
02-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi all! I've been playing DDO a couple months now, all solo. Well, except for the one group I joined over the weekend that didn't go so well. Which of course reinforced my beliefs that I should just stay solo. But playing with hirelings isn't so much fun, and my hubby's gonna get mad if I keep buying more points!

Anywho, a little about me. I can be long winded at times, but mostly I'm pretty quiet. I started out playing a cleric in the original Everquest, for 5 years. I've also played a Rogue, Ranger, Druid, etc in World of Warcraft for 4 years. I've played DAoC, Lineage 2, Age of Conan, LOTR, City of Heroes, Aion, Anarchy Online, Asheron's Call, Champions Online, EQ2, Dungeon Runners, Star Wars Galaxies and Vanguard. Plus several more I can't remember I'm sure ;p~ So I know my way around ;)

I play Friday nights, all day Saturday and Sunday if there's nothing else going on. I'm a pretty casual player, but I would like to eventually raid as I level up. I'd like to join a casual guild that is willing to help me learn to play my cleric the best I can, and who I can help as well if I'm able to. Mature adults that I can hang out and quest with. I've only grouped once, and did not enjoy it at all. No one talked in the group, they all just wandered off and did their own thing, didn't answer any questions I had. I'm pretty sure they'd done the instance many times already, but it was my first time there, and I had no idea who I was supposed to be following and healing ;p~

I realize I better start grouping more, as I won't be able to solo much as I level, but I don't even know how to go about grouping ;) Sad, I know! But I'm very much willing to learn. I love this game, and really want to try and get the most out of it. I am a VIP player, if that matters, I don't know as it should ;)

So that's it! Hope I didn't scare anyone away with my babble!

Thanks for reading!

Taffi

*EDIT: Bah. I only now checked the date of the OP's last post. Didn't realize someone had resurrected this post! Anyhow, the invitation still stands in case you haven't found a guild yet, Jaellra...

I'm the leader of a very small Thelanis guild. We're trying to get a solid player base so we don't need to PuG (pick-up group [aka random group]). I don't consider myself a veteran yet, but I do have some experience in the game and general MMO's as well, and I'm always more than willing to help out in any way I can, including items that I come across.
I like to chat too... I mainly play with my girlfriend (or wife, we live together anyway) and my brother.
I'm a bit sleepy, but I seemed to have missed what your level is. I'm only recruiting people at a certain level range (so that I can keep the players in grouping range of each other). I would recruit you even if you're not in that range as long as you keep in mind that we will only have players to group with at around lvl 7 and beyond...

My characters are Burtgar and Aresden, feel free to drop me a tell anytime :)
And welcome to Thelanis