PDA

View Full Version : Quick leveling advice

Lothar_Stormwind
12-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Hail! peeps can you guys give newbie some advice on what quest i should take to level faster. it took me 4 days to hit level 5 thats with a 20% xp pot =(

malicia
12-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Hail! peeps can you guys give newbie some advice on what quest i should take to level faster. it took me 4 days to hit level 5 thats with a 20% xp pot =(

Run Korthos till L2ish

Run Waterworks to L3ish

Run Tangleroot/STK till L5ish

Run Deleras/Stormcleave/CO6/Tear of Dhakaan/VONS till L10ish

Run Gianthold till L13ish, Flag for the Reaver and run it

Run The Vale till L15ish (Spend this time flagging for the shroud)

Start raiding, run VoD, The Shroud, Hound

After this, run Inspired Quarter, Elite Vale Quests, ToD Flagging quests out in Amrath and spend time in Necropolis/Vale doing Slayers.

Thats from a VIP perspective, not entirely sure about F2P quests to level quickly.

RangerOne
12-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Five levels in four days sounds pretty good. What's your rush?

DasLurch
12-22-2009, 01:35 AM
There are lots of power leveling guides out there on the forums about how to maximize your xp per minute/hour. The best way to do this is to basically skip the stuff in korthos, and head straight to town. Once there pound out Kobold's New Ringleader, Information is key, Durk's Got a Secret, Recover the lost Tome 2-3 times each on solo and that should get you to near level 3. Then group up and run them N/H/E, hit Water Works in a N/H/E style with Butchers Path solo/N/H/E and you should be most of the way to level 5. Run throught Tangleroot and STK a couple of times, and level 6-7 should be in plain veiw. Run delera's until you are level 7-8. Run Tear of Dhakahn Stormcleave, Stromvauld's Mine, and Gwylan's Stand until you are level 9. This is most players trying to level up fast in say 4 hours a day of playtime (not just looking for groups), and you should be near level 9-10 in like 4-6 days. You should be close to level 4 by the end of the 1st day by the way if you do this. After that, it's off to the Demon Sands, VoN series, and or Gianthold with a few side quests thrown in for level 12-4. All saaid and done if you really push, level 12 should take around 8-9 days of good grouping and 4 or so hours of playtime a day. It's just more about finding the right groups and being able to be somewhat self sufficient.

Sorry about the long reply. Hope this helps.

Lothar_Stormwind
12-22-2009, 05:37 AM
thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

Lothar_Stormwind
12-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Five levels in four days sounds pretty good. What's your rush?

I'm not in a rush, I just dont wanna spend my time standing around looking/waiting for groups while i could be doing something productive like XPXPXPXPXP...=)

PopeJual
12-22-2009, 07:44 AM
I don't disagree with most of what's written here and I'm certainly new enough that anyone reading this should take my advice with a heavy pinch of salt, but I've found that doing higher level quests on Normal gives me a whole lot more XP than doing lower level quests on Elite.

I know that Elite gives more XP for a particular quest, but if I can do Waterworks on Elite, then I should probably be doing Tangleroot on Normal instead. If I can do Tangleroot on Elite, then I should probably be doing Delera's on Normal instead.

Now, if you have a good group that can handle things that are tougher than you "should" be able to take, then running a quest on Elite certainly isn't a bad thing. Getting that +50% XP for the first Elite run is a very nice bonus. Runing a quest on Elite over and over again (the way that people seem to be doing it in practice) doesn't seem like the best use of my time, though.

PurdueDave
12-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Really maximizing XP/hour played doesn't mesh well with new players, IMO. It may be better to spend the time learning to play the character and building up a little money and gear along the way. And have fun. The first time up through the levels should be savored because you only get to do it once.

tsarias
12-22-2009, 12:43 PM
i like hanging around in korthos for awhile for the simple fact that you can repeat the cannith crystal quest a few times to get bracers of assistance; i collected 9 of them and have them grouped into my hotkey bank. i mean, who couldnt use about 9 extra doses of +1 to hit and +11 temp hp at early levels, and with 9, not likely to run out mid dungeon heheheh. course you are sacrificing inventory space <shrug>