PDA

View Full Version : Make VIP worthwile.

Kromize
12-20-2009, 02:21 PM
As a VIP, I can say the only reason I am a VIP right now is because it's 1000 points for subscribing. If it weren't, I'd just buy the content I run, buy character slots, and save my hard earned money.

So, to make VIP worthwhile, a few suggestions:

1: 5-10% extra xp for being a VIP. For any and all quests.

2: Extra inventory and bank instantly, allowing a max of 6 inventory bags, and 4 bank bags.(right?)

3: 10% off all vendor prices, and +10% for selling

4: more stuff like aforementioned. These bonuses will not make the VIP's characters so much better than they could normally be, but rather be extras in the game that make things better.

5: Make a VIP option for those who have already bought content, but still want to be a VIP. $3/month to get VIP status alone, which will not give extra character slots, shared bank, or unlock all content, rather give the status, and extras such as those aforementioned. Maybe also add different ranks of VIP, $8/month for monthly turbine points, etc...

Jay203
12-20-2009, 02:54 PM
As a VIP, I can say the only reason I am a VIP right now is because it's 1000 points for subscribing. If it weren't, I'd just buy the content I run, buy character slots, and save my hard earned money.

So, to make VIP worthwhile, a few suggestions:

1: 5-10% extra xp for being a VIP. For any and all quests.

2: Extra inventory and bank instantly, allowing a max of 6 inventory bags, and 4 bank bags.(right?)

3: 10% off all vendor prices, and +10% for selling

5: more stuff like aforementioned. These bonuses will not make the VIP's characters so much better than they could normally be, but rather be extras in the game that make things better.

5: Make a VIP option for those who have already bought content, but still want to be a VIP. $3/month to get VIP status alone, which will not give extra character slots, shared bank, or unlock all content, rather give the status, and extras such as those aforementioned. Maybe also add different ranks of VIP, $8/month for monthly turbine points, etc...

only agree with #2
and what happend to 4?!

Kromize
12-20-2009, 03:07 PM
only agree with #2
and what happend to 4?!
Hidden in plain sight... :rolleyes:

Redlotusninjagrl
12-20-2009, 03:13 PM
As a VIP I would welcome any additional perks. :)

I believe #3 is already in place for everyone if you wear an item with haggle. I don't know if it is 10% as I have never actually done the math.

Kromize
12-20-2009, 03:16 PM
As a VIP I would welcome any additional perks. :)

I believe #3 is already in place for everyone if you wear an item with haggle. I don't know if it is 10% as I have never actually done the math.

This would stack with that.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-20-2009, 03:32 PM
1) I don't think so. It would be bad for their business model (ie - they'd sell less pots) and they would have to raise VIP prices for it to remotely make sense
2) Well they do give us the shared bank for free. That's a what, $15-20 value? Now I really wouldn't mind a VIP discount (say 50%) on additional shared bank pages...
3) Nope, I'd rather those kind of rewards be linked to gameplay... for example giving us that very bonus for 400 Coin Lord Favor (sorry devs, a thank you note does not cut it)
5) They already have 3 levels and that seems to confuse people. As someone who used to sell gym memberships, let me say that the more levels you put in the more confusing it gets for everyone and the harder it gets to set price points. Simple is good.
4) I don't disagree with you VIP needs work and some extra perks, even if I didn't come right onside with the list above. Some VIP only store sales might be nice. A longer (1-2 wk) period for new content really should happen. Maybe even some cosmetic stuff like VIP only hair colours.

Rasczak
12-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Bonuses for being a VIP would be good but bonuses with a direct effect on gameplay would be an issue with me.
But then again we get 10 char slots for our hard earned cash :p

But I agree, a VIP discount in store would be good. Other than that we already get a lot we take forgranted that as a FtP we would salivate over getting :p

Robi3.0
12-21-2009, 01:28 AM
4) I don't disagree with you VIP needs work and some extra perks, even if I didn't come right onside with the list above. Some VIP only store sales might be nice. A longer (1-2 wk) period for new content really should happen. Maybe even some cosmetic stuff like VIP only hair colours.

This is the only suggestion in this thread that I agree with. :)

spyderwolf
12-21-2009, 01:29 AM
vips should be able to make wf with hair.

jcoffey
12-21-2009, 02:27 AM
10 slots is more than enough,in fact I don't even see why you need that many.

I still wish they gave us peeps that paid $50 for the initial game would have gotten more than a $50 Xtra Character slot.

I haven't looked but is that what a xtra slot costs in cash or equivelent of DDO points?

Letrii
12-21-2009, 02:59 AM
Extra cosmetic options for VIP is only thing I can agree with here.

Falchion123
12-21-2009, 04:01 AM
2: Extra inventory and bank instantly, allowing a max of 6 inventory bags, and 4 bank bags.

This would be a very nice feature and entice people to go VIP, imho.

Kromize
12-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Other than that we already get a lot we take forgranted that as a FtP we would salivate over getting :p

Like what? As a F2P, you can buy just about anything a VIP gets. In fact, it's money efficient too. As if you just pay it then, you never have to pay again, when a VIP has to pay $15 monthly(quarterly, yearly, whatever).

Also, with a cheaper version to just get VIP status, people would buy more from the store.

Rasczak
12-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Like what? As a F2P, you can buy just about anything a VIP gets. In fact, it's money efficient too. As if you just pay it then, you never have to pay again, when a VIP has to pay $15 monthly(quarterly, yearly, whatever).

Also, with a cheaper version to just get VIP status, people would buy more from the store.

We talking FtP....Premium is the grey area.

FtP has to grind for those points to get that shared bank, adventures, character slots.

As for Premium....
Now I remember someone doing a comparrisson and saying that with a years sub (round about) you could unlock everything in game and have a sort of VIP account. Now that was before update 1 & 2 and the 6 updates promised for next year. It is also excluding the fact that things like XP boosts and loot boosts can be bought by a VIP for their VIP TP's since they have no need to get anything else.

I've swapped from Europe and restarted again after many years on Keeper and I can tell you that I would not be as far as I am now if I was FtP. I would still be grinding those points like a few guildies I know who haven't gone VIP and who spent more time ingame than me ;)

So easy to say that you may as well fork over cash all at once but limited auctions, paying again for new content, time saved not grinding points and can go straight onto loot grinding...guess where my vote goes?

So yes like I say, a lot taken forgranted because we always just had it before the FtP model ;)

vVAnjilaVv
12-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Do u get extra perks when u lease a car?

Lorien_the_First_One
12-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Do u get extra perks when u lease a car?

Actually yes. The last dealership I leased a car from gave free oil changes and a discount on my next car lease. Oh, and some free gas in the first year.

Stormanne
12-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Actually yes. The last dealership I leased a car from gave free oil changes and a discount on my next car lease. Oh, and some free gas in the first year.

And now I know whose credit rating I want...

Rasczak
12-21-2009, 08:21 AM
And now I know whose credit rating I want...

That says bad credit rating...but we want the sale so make it so he can afford the lease :p

Stormanne
12-21-2009, 08:26 AM
That says bad credit rating...but we want the sale so make it so he can afford the lease :p

Not here in OH. If you have poor credit (like mine) they look at you, and quite literally laugh you off the lot. Have to lend it to mid-westerners, they are direct...lmao.

vVAnjilaVv
12-21-2009, 08:29 AM

Actually I wan't being snide...I was genuinely interested, I have never leased one before :)

Shamurai
12-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Unlimited use of all content and abilty to start on Hard is a pretty nice perk.. I run my cleric with a group of F2P'ers and at lvl 6-7 already seeing the bottle neck in material (without having to repeat ad infinitum every quest again and again)

Lorien_the_First_One
12-21-2009, 09:32 AM

In Ontario deals like that aren't linked to credit either way, at least they weren't the last time I leased. Even the rates don't tend to be - you are credity worthy or you can take a hike. The things I mentioned are straight up promotions the dealership was offering to everyone at the time. They are straight marketting, for example the oil changes get you back to the dealership every 3-6 months so if you need other work they are the ones that tend to get that business. Similarily, if Turbine can keep the VIPs engaged and feeling like a part of this place it will keep them feeding Turbine money (the free TPs every month are a brilliant example of the drug dealer promotional method for example)

Kromize
12-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Unlimited use of all content and abilty to start on Hard is a pretty nice perk.. I run my cleric with a group of F2P'ers and at lvl 6-7 already seeing the bottle neck in material (without having to repeat ad infinitum every quest again and again)

You get unlimited use of all content if you purchase the content. Any F2P can purchase it(yes, they become a premium, but they still play free without having to pay to resub).

VIP's need more perks like being able to open on hard. Besides, I like to start with normal anyways, more xp that way.

Rasczak
12-21-2009, 10:32 AM
In Ontario deals like that aren't linked to credit either way, at least they weren't the last time I leased. Even the rates don't tend to be - you are credity worthy or you can take a hike. The things I mentioned are straight up promotions the dealership was offering to everyone at the time. They are straight marketting, for example the oil changes get you back to the dealership every 3-6 months so if you need other work they are the ones that tend to get that business. Similarily, if Turbine can keep the VIPs engaged and feeling like a part of this place it will keep them feeding Turbine money (the free TPs every month are a brilliant example of the drug dealer promotional method for example)

lol I know I was teasing. I agree though. With restrictions on the game it either forces people to go VIP or they get frustrated and go elsewhere. If they gave VIP better perks they would definitely get more subs. You have to make it worth someones while and right now people get into the game by level 10 and then it's buy adventures or grind. That's not enough in most cases to get a person to sub