PDA

View Full Version : Rogue/Ranger

jamad1
12-18-2009, 09:27 PM
How many lvl's of Ranger do i have to take to get free use of wands? im going to max out my umd anyway but this would be helpful to know.

thanks in advance.

Cavilier102
12-18-2009, 09:38 PM
you can use wands with 1 lvl of ranger, of course just the ones that are spells rangers can use. not like your gonna be able to use [U]any[U] wand with just one ranger lvl.

jamad1
12-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry, I meant the use of most wands. is there some lvl of wand i cant use with only 1 lvl of ranger? would 2 or more lvls be better?

captain1z
12-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Sorry, I meant the use of most wands. is there some lvl of wand i cant use with only 1 lvl of ranger? would 2 or more lvls be better?

wand use is yes or no, can you or cant you. Fighters cant, rangers can....... so if you are 19 fighter/ 1 ranger and rangers can then you can you cure light, moderate and cure serious wands. You also get posion wands and some others but you just have to have wand access switched on and 1 level of ranger will do that.

The number of or type of wands do not change with more levels of ranger.

same goes for arcane wizard/sorc/bard wands.

QuantumFX
12-18-2009, 10:13 PM
To add to the above comments:

1 level of ranger will allow you to use any wand on the ranger list so long as you meet the minimum character level for the wand.

Examples:
- Cure Serious wands require 1 level of ranger and 4 levels of anyother class/combo.
- Protection from energy wands with a caster level of 10 require you to have 1 level of ranger and 9 of any other class/combo.

jamad1
12-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Thank you all that answers my question very well.