PDA

View Full Version : Rogue cross train

Mumu720
12-18-2009, 08:30 PM
So i am a lvl 4 str rogue, my stats are 21 str 19 dex 12 con 8 char 10 int and 9wis, now obviously im aimed more twords doing more damage, with that in mind i was wondering what class i could
cross train in that would be good for my build, what classes are best for rogues, the next question is, even tho my
wis is low and my int isnt the highest, would
it be rediculous to go for a class that could heal me?

Creddi
12-18-2009, 08:37 PM
The rule of thumb is if you are asking the question after character creation, stay pure and don't multi.

That said, you might consider a fighter level for the extra proficiencies and extra feat (i.e. 19/1). If dwarvish (you didn't specify race), that would give you dwarven axe proficiency as a bonus.

malicia
12-18-2009, 08:45 PM
So i am a lvl 4 str rogue, my stats are 21 str 19 dex 12 con 8 char 10 int and 9wis, now obviously im aimed more twords doing more damage, with that in mind i was wondering what class i could
cross train in that would be good for my build, what classes are best for rogues, the next question is, even tho my
wis is low and my int isnt the highest, would
it be rediculous to go for a class that could heal me?

Adding 6 ranger levels can be a good damage investment (alacrity bonus), a bunch of free feats, and the ability to use wands to heal up.

A single level of barbarian gives you fast movement and a rage.

Cant really go wrong with the Fighter either.

2 levels of paladin (but you need to have not tanked CHA to see full returns on that)

All of them will give you access to all martial weapons too. Rogue/Monk splashes are popular too.

Really need to ask yourself what you want out of your rogue. Are you going for Assassin 3? (requires 18 rogue levels) are you THF/TWF focused? Going for acrobat?

Have a look at this build:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=175534

captain1z
12-18-2009, 08:50 PM
The rule of thumb is if you are asking the question after character creation, stay pure and don't multi.

That said, you might consider a fighter level for the extra proficiencies and extra feat (i.e. 19/1). If dwarvish (you didn't specify race), that would give you dwarven axe proficiency as a bonus.

str-21
dex-19
con-12
int-10
wis-9
cha-8

While the above statement is generally true you dont suffer as much consequence when going fighter, ranger,paladin,barbarian, bard or cleric later in level unplanned.

If you have it in you to multiclass you stats would support

fighter, ranger or barbarian at this point.

Mumu720
12-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Ok so if i only get one level of something, what will give give me the best damage benifits to go along with my sneak attack damage and assasin skills? If necessary i may get two lvls

captain1z
12-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Ok so if i only get one level of something, what will give give me the best damage benifits to go along with my sneak attack damage and assasin skills? If necessary i may get two lvls

most would say two weapon fighting is a must have for maximum damage potential.

2 levels of ranger gets you that and wand usage without needing umd

2 levels of fighter gives you 2 combat feats which could include 2wf but no wands

barbarian gives you rage so a boost to both str and con

pick your posion

if you have no or low umd you should think about ranger..... if your umd is fantastic maybe fighter.

Mumu720
12-18-2009, 10:54 PM
I do have twf and oversized twf so i can duel wield rapiers with no penalty. My umd isnt maxed, but ive put several points into it and will put a point in at every lvl. So idk

hcarr
12-18-2009, 11:00 PM
if you take ranger make sure to swap out your twf feats before you do or you esentially are giving away a feat.

Mumu720
12-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Ok would it be practical to go with a cleric? So i can heal myself?

honkuimushi
12-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Ok would it be practical to go with a cleric? So i can heal myself?

No. First, your wisdom is too low to cast spells without a tome or item. You need a casting stat equal to 10 + spell level to cast spells of that level. In the case of a Cleric, wisdom. So you need 11 wisdom for 1st level spells and 19 for 9th level spells.

Second, 1 level of Cleric will give you 3 first level spells that last maybe a minute and about 100 sp. That may sound good for low levels, after all if all you do is heal, you have maybe 10 Cure Light Wounds and at 7 hp per cast, that's 70 hp per shrine.

But once you reach 10th level or so and you have 200 hp and full Clerics are Curing 60 hp per spell and 20 hp to the entire party with their first Mass Cures, you're not goning to get much use out of 10 or even 15, 7 point Cure Light Wounds spells.

You'll still get wands, but you could have gotten that and TWF from 2 levels of Ranger and Tempest rogue is another option with 6 levels of Ranger.