PDA

View Full Version : Rogue equipment must haves

Mumu720
12-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Ok so i am a lvl 4 str rogue, with 21 str and 19dex, i was wondering what must have equipment( like weapons armor clothes jewlery, ect.) these can be obtained fom quests or bought at auctionere just plz tell me where to get it, also as far as feats go now, i have twf and oversized twf so i can duel wield rapiers, thanks for your help!

DasLurch
12-18-2009, 02:09 PM
The most important items for rogues to have are good tools, a + search item, a + Disable item, and a + Open Lock item. After that, it's all up to you.

ArkoHighStar
12-18-2009, 02:12 PM
+5 thieves tools are often on the AH for small amounts grab them early

Jay203
12-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Potions
you should also be able to find some bound to account +2 stats items from low lvl quests like ww and probably syndicate quest chain

Mumu720
12-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Well right now i have two +3 shortswords, so im more looking forweaps that ill use in the futre, like in a few levels.

Varr
12-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Agree a rogues hands should never be soiled on less than +5 tools.

Targets to strive for....2/3 planier girds, bloodstone, radience rapier, vorp sickels, vod goggs.

Everything else is gravy....fond of banishng raps for vale too.

Mumu720
12-18-2009, 02:26 PM
I have heard about the radiance rapiers, those sound amazing, what is the adventure pack you get them from again?also, since my strangth and dex are so high, i have taken a hit on int, so is there a way to get that up a lil without sacrificing my stat points from lvl 8, 12, 16, and 20?

Timjc86
12-18-2009, 02:31 PM
It's still a ways off for you, but you'll want a high crit range (rapier/scimitar/kukri) Radiance II weapon as soon as you can get one crafted. You can't get into the Shroud until level 12 I think, and even then you might have trouble finding groups who will take you until you're higher level.

For now, concentrate on keeping your trap skills gear updated (open lock, spot, search, & disable). Higher + gear should become available at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 11, 13, 15 (something like that).

For weapons, "... of Deception" can be handy for getting sneak attacks even if you've got aggro.

Also keep a set of potions on hand just in case. Healing potions are obvious, but also keep things like Heroism, Fox's Cunning, and Cat's Grace (?) for boosting rogue skills.

Timjc86
12-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I have heard about the radiance rapiers, those sound amazing, what is the adventure pack you get them from again?also, since my strangth and dex are so high, i have taken a hit on int, so is there a way to get that up a lil without sacrificing my stat points from lvl 8, 12, 16, and 20?

Fox's Cunning potions will give you +4 intelligence. You can also look for intelligence items (up to +6 at level 13).

Also check out this thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279). It's a list of all special items and where to get them. It's quite a big list, but if you're looking for something specific, you can quickly do a search on that page.

As for the radiance adventure pack, I'm not 100% sure on the name. The raid where you do the crafting is called The Shroud, and the related explorer area containing the flagging quests is called the Vale of Twilight.

MissErres
12-18-2009, 02:37 PM

Radiance rapiers are crafted in the Shroud in the Vale of Twilight package. Can't (well, not supposed to) enter until lvl 12. Most usually start running Shroud for ingredients around lvl 13-14.

You can raise your int thru items or tomes. You don't need to wear your int item all the time, just make sure it doesn't take the same spot as your search item... ie.. not both goggles. Wear your search and int item when looking for trap boxes.

Standard gear for well balanced rogue: spot, search, int, disable, unlock, dex, str, con, cha (for umd) items. +5 tools, wands/scrolls (at higher lvl: heal, raise dead), bloodstone, gird, golden cartouche or gloves from titan, and other little named goodies.

Good luck and happy hunting.

jkm
12-18-2009, 02:52 PM
things that i like:

sheridan's ruin - +2 keen rapier (15-20 crit range) ML4 from CO6 end rewards (bound to account)

voice of the master - 5% XP bonus, delerra end reward ML5

robe of winter - Fire Resist 20, ML4 Stormcleave

muckbane - ML2 Durk's got a secret

spear bane No ML (80% of the lowbie quests use piercing weapons)

silver longbow - ML6 the church and the cult

vestments of light (CLWx3) - smugglers warehouse

visor of the flesh rendor guards (deathward clicky) - tangleroot

MissErres
12-18-2009, 02:56 PM
OH oh oh!! Trapblast goggles, +4 to reflex save, end reward from STK.

Cyr
12-18-2009, 02:59 PM
On weapons you will want to have weapons that have damage effects on them over pure pluses. This is most important at lower levels where it can make a huge difference on dps. Holy and pure good are great since they damage most of the mobs in game that you end up caring about.

Mumu720
12-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Whats stk

jkm
12-18-2009, 03:59 PM
halls of shan to kor - wayfinder dael - continues from water works (and then on to threnal)

Mumu720
12-18-2009, 04:21 PM
O yeah ive done the ww string several times

Aranticus
12-18-2009, 06:00 PM
divine power clickies :)

Mumu720
12-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Ok so i got some gear and along with my base 10 int, i have been maxing all the disarm unlock spot search and skills like that so with all that and a total bonus of +7 disarm, soon to be +10 just waiting on an auction for tye gear, plus the tools that are +2-3 disarm and unlock, i cant really afford the +5 thief tools right now, should that be enough to get me through most of the traps? I have 19dex so im not worried bout the locks just the disarm.