PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get their monthly points in a timely manner?

thrasxca
12-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Does anyone get their monthly Turbine Points in a timely manner, or is it just me? It's been over a week since I upgraded to VIP, and nothing. After searching the forums, it seems that a lot of other people are having this problem as well.

Is this the norm? Or are we just the minority of players that stand out because we have to beg for our points? Are points distributed based on when you register or pay, or is it done for everyone at the same time of the month?

I put in a ticket, and on the submission page they said it would take WEEKS to respond. At least there is no pretense of any sort of quality or expediency in customer service. DDO is a great game, but I'm not sure if it's good enough to justify Turbine's incompetence.

Are my expectations too high? Perhaps I've been playing World of Warcraft too long. Sure, that game is built for idiots. Its graphics are cartoony, the storyline is ****, the players are children and the content is repetitive. But at least they can get back to you inside a week.

Zenako
12-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Once you are "in the system" things seem to work more or less smoothly. It takes some time to process changes however, and quite a few players had issues at the start up of the TP system, perhaps due to atypical payment arrangements. (Game cards come to mind...) But everything in general works out from what I have heard and seen. I suspect there are some human factors in the system and that everything is not quite automated at this point, which could clearly account for some of the delay.