PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of turtleneck robes

Lirial
12-16-2009, 09:14 PM
This has to be the most horrendous job on a robe i have ever seen in any game. seriously look at this Screenshot (http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8136/dndclient20091216221243.jpg) and see what alot of us have to deal with. this is a nice set of robes but the turtleneck portion has to go please.

Anarkius
12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
So speaketh the DDO Fashion Police.

Can we add in armors that interrupt the flow of my gorgeous dwarven beard?? ;)

Sweyn
12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
It's really not that bad, i actually kind of like it.... the thing they need to fix is the hair going through the robe though ;)

tfangel
12-16-2009, 09:22 PM
A turtle neck isn't a collar, which is what that looks like.

The clipping is generally why i tend to go with short hair though, besides liking the look. ;)

Lirial
12-16-2009, 09:25 PM
It's really not that bad, i actually kind of like it.... the thing they need to fix is the hair going through the robe though ;)

I would rather have a robe that doesnt cover every inch of my toons body. maybe something simple that shows some neck would be nice. i dont think that would offend the g rated crowd :p but yes the clipping is why i say get rid of it , collar t neck whatever, just get rid of it for female versions of robes pls kthx, i swear lazy armor designers are one of my pet peeves in mmos,

Dev1: "lets just use the same model for males and females and save some time..."
Dev 2: " but isnt that going to annoy our female gamers?"
Dev 1: " who cares its happy hour and were late"

>:|

Maegin
12-16-2009, 09:28 PM
If you get non clipping robes, I want my mage to do this too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGuCFE2AO-4&feature=related

Lirial
12-16-2009, 09:30 PM

oh good grief lol :eek:

Lorien_the_First_One
12-16-2009, 09:48 PM
This has to be the most horrendous job on a robe i have ever seen in any game. seriously look at this Screenshot (http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8136/dndclient20091216221243.jpg) and see what alot of us have to deal with. this is a nice set of robes but the turtleneck portion has to go please.

I kind of like those collars... but that's not a turtle neck.

adamkatt
12-16-2009, 09:54 PM

+1 Now that was beautiful!

Lirial
12-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I kind of like those collars... but that's not a turtle neck.

Well you may like them but i detest them

Lorien_the_First_One
12-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Well you may like them but i detest them

Well then, I'm sure that the game devs should rewrite the game just for your tastes.

centurionaramis
12-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Well, I'd /sign. But I understand it probably isn't worth a huge remodeling effort.

I don't find it as much about tastes as it is about aesthetic logic. Yeah I know, fantasy games forgo most logic. But still..@_@

Arlith
12-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Don't wear them. There are tons of robes out there. Find one you like and wear that one instead.

Forbbidenone
12-17-2009, 01:54 AM
Name Plagiarism...

Just kind of curious. Nothing like the 150,000 Drizzit clones, at least it was a name a little less well known. But why do people insist upon naming themselves after a character of fiction? Do they believe themselves somehow as clever as the authors whom work at their craft for years?

Assuming it wasn't your real name. If so I apologize. Yes my name is stupid, intentionally so.

(Liriel was the originally name of the character, one letter difference is still Plagiarism to my mind at least. I'd have to get the books to be positive on the name spelling.)

Therilith
12-17-2009, 01:57 AM
Those robes are some of my personal favorites. They look great on a human wizard.

They should obviously fix the clipping though.

sephiroth1084
12-17-2009, 02:02 AM
I'd really just prefer they dealt with hair better.

Lirial
12-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Name Plagiarism...

Just kind of curious. Nothing like the 150,000 Drizzit clones, at least it was a name a little less well known. But why do people insist upon naming themselves after a character of fiction? Do they believe themselves somehow as clever as the authors whom work at their craft for years?

Assuming it wasn't your real name. If so I apologize. Yes my name is stupid, intentionally so.

(Liriel was the originally name of the character, one letter difference is still Plagiarism to my mind at least. I'd have to get the books to be positive on the name spelling.)

im sorry i didnt realize i was writing a book. Please donot skew the topic of this thread, this thread is about collars on robes looking ugly on femals and clipping issues as well. this is not a thread for you to discuss your personal views oin plaigarism as if anyone really cared anyway what you thought about it, Oh and last i checked Forbiddenone isnt some work of originality and genius. so take your comments and put them you know where kthx

And lorien yes they should rewrite the code. to suit me a customer who pays for this game. sometimes simple things are just so difficult to grasp right lorien?

Lorien_the_First_One
12-17-2009, 09:53 AM
im sorry i didnt realize i was writing a book. Please donot skew the topic of this thread

And lorien yes they should rewrite the code. to suit me a customer who pays for this game. sometimes simple things are just so difficult to grasp right lorien?

You missed what I said, "just for your tastes". Not everyone has your tastes. There should be a variety of looks and no reason to get rid of one look just because you don't like it. Sometimes simple things are just so difficult to grasp, right Lirial?

Lirial
12-17-2009, 09:58 AM
You missed what I said, "just for your tastes". Not everyone has your tastes. There should be a variety of looks and no reason to get rid of one look just because you don't like it. Sometimes simple things are just so difficult to grasp, right Lirial?

Oh so some people like the hair skewed through the robe look? and why should female robes have such large collars? do you play as a female toon? and i do agree there should be a variety. but they still need to address the clipping. and besides this thread is a suggestion thread about the collars. maybe the word suggestion slipped past you?

Why is it people have such a hard time grasping the concept of suggestion threads:rolleyes:

Lirial
12-17-2009, 10:02 AM
OH and fyi the only way theyll get the clipping fixed is if they get rid of the collars

karnokvolrath
12-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Imma have to disagree on this one. It does look bad with the hair, bu my halfling has a robe just like that but green and i love it.

Lirial
12-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Don't wear them. There are tons of robes out there. Find one you like and wear that one instead.

So according to you i cant wear my Dragoncrafted robes (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Armor:Dragoncrafted_Robe) that i farmed to get with such nice stats because they look like **** on my character. i should just run along and find some cheap set of robes to wear is that it? Or as a paying subscriber, maybe they should listen to this complaint/bug report and maybe do something about it in time?

I like the robes but it is annoying to see the visual issue can you all at least agree with me on that since some of you are so intent on arguing

Laith
12-17-2009, 10:10 AM
if hair is the problem, wear a hat... and then complain how ugly hats are.

Letrii
12-17-2009, 10:45 AM
OH and fyi the only way theyll get the clipping fixed is if they get rid of the collars

Getting rid of hair would fix it too.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Oh so some people like the hair skewed through the robe look? and why should female robes have such large collars? do you play as a female toon? and i do agree there should be a variety. but they still need to address the clipping. and besides this thread is a suggestion thread about the collars. maybe the word suggestion slipped past you?

Why is it people have such a hard time grasping the concept of suggestion threads:rolleyes:

Yes I do play some female characters, including two that wear robes.

Why is it some people have such a hard time understanding that in discussion forums people will discuss suggestions and agree and disagree with them?

That's just stupid. You might as well claim clipping with weapons will only be solved if we eliminate weapons.

Besides, make up your mind, is it the clipping that bothers you or the fact you don't like the fashion style?

Lleren
12-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Appearance slots for armor, helmets, and possibly weapons would solve many of the issues, or at least put a bandaid on them.

Memnir
12-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I think Turbine should take another art/code pass at how the hair and armors interact with one another. It's rather stupid that as a Dwarf, the long-beard will sink into any form of armor. Ditto for any of the longer hairstyles. The clipping problem is frankly annoying and I hate looking at it.

Is this a pressing, game-breaking problem? No, of course not. But, how a character looks is important to a great many players - and right now the armor/hair clipping snafu is one of the things that makes this game appear shabby.

Lorien_the_First_One
12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I think Turbine should take another art/code pass at how the hair and armors interact with one another. It's rather stupid that as a Dwarf, the long-beard will sink into any form of armor. Ditto for any of the longer hairstyles. The clipping problem is frankly annoying and I hate looking at it.

Is this a pressing, game-breaking problem? No, of course not. But, how a character looks is important to a great many players - and right now the armor/hair clipping snafu is one of the things that makes this game appear shabby.

Reducing clipping problems is something that would make sense to spend a little art department time on at some point.

Lirial
12-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Besides, make up your mind, is it the clipping that bothers you or the fact you don't like the fashion style?

Honestly i dont like the style of any of the robes :P but im not suggesting anything as far as that goes (in this thread), in reality its the clipping that bothers me, like the previous poster stated clipping is annoying to see. and yes is important to many people and i count myself as one of those people

Lorien i think you just like ribbing me <3

YakoSpiritFist
12-17-2009, 05:58 PM
That is nothing compared to the Warforged G-Stringish armor. There's nothing like throwing on your brand new Docent just to see your characters wooden butt cheeks saying hello to the world. I mean who designed this and what were they thinking? My Warforged Wizard is starting to look like a dominatrix. :(

Lirial
12-17-2009, 07:03 PM
that Is Nothing Compared To The Warforged G-stringish Armor. There's Nothing Like Throwing On Your Brand New Docent Just To See Your Characters Wooden Butt Cheeks Saying Hello To The World. I Mean Who Designed This And What Were They Thinking? My Warforged Wizard Is Starting To Look Like A Dominatrix. :(

Lmao

AestorTheKnight
12-18-2009, 12:32 PM
I completely understand your frustration Lirial. If you are interested in a solution, check out this thread i have just posted.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=220468

Best wishes,
AestorTheKnight :-)

Razcar
12-18-2009, 05:00 PM
That is nothing compared to the Warforged G-Stringish armor. There's nothing like throwing on your brand new Docent just to see your characters wooden butt cheeks saying hello to the world. I mean who designed this and what were they thinking? My Warforged Wizard is starting to look like a dominatrix. :(
I suppose not all of you were forged for war... *cough*

Lirial
12-18-2009, 10:22 PM
I completely understand your frustration Lirial. If you are interested in a solution, check out this thread i have just posted.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=220468

Best wishes,
AestorTheKnight :-)

WOW i love you :D

Edit: aww its not implemented in game yet *sad panda face* but it is an amazing idea that i will recommend to my other mmo Age of Conan

At the least Appearance slots would be nice as well, i heard some mmos out there use such an approach

centurionaramis
12-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Yep, fashion items which aesthetically overlap the statistic items. Ideally a win-win for all.

I would list a few games as examples, but that usually just invites smartasses to say "lol go play that then" and "so because others do it, this one should too?". But it's a simple concept: We seek out this feature because it is a nice idea (to us).

While we're at it, another aesthetic feature I'd like to have is something I don't know any games to have:

Heterochromic eyes. Want the left eye to be blue or red, while the right is green or yellow, etc.

Maybe I should mention this in some other thread as well? Even though it isn't about clothes or skins, but it does fit into the aesthetics category.